Aribo, what is he giving us?

final_straws

I missed some of the game as I was travelling.

He did ok yesterday & is good when he gets on the ball in advanced areas due to his close control as demonstrated by his assist.

However I'm just not sure the inside forward role suits him as a player. Tbh I think that role needs someone with a lot movement & pace to disrupt defenders & get beyond Morelos. He has different attributes.

In any case, Ill say it again, its up to the mgmt to find a role which gets the best out of him as dropping deep to cover Barisic hinders him (& us as a team)

BroomloanWATP

I think he needs to believe he is as good a player as he is if that makes sense. Hopefully the coaching team can instill that confidence in him, I am sure they will. We can afford him the time to settle properly and he is contributing as it is.

Coplandbear

I think it will be next season before we see the best of him although he looked bright yesterday but the wide forward role doesn't suit him and I hope this wasn't a test of tactics for Sunday. Looked to me Gerrard was trying to find a place for him.

the bridge

Official Ticketer
The boy is extremely well rated in England and is getting rave reviews internationally. A little bit like Borna mentioned recently, to play in our thug league you require a very different strength level which the club worked at giving Borna. Aribo will get the same. He’s a very talented player and will become big for us (unless the boo boys get in first).

Thommo2006

Aribo is a very good player. He is still finding his feet after taking a significant step up in quality and the club he is playing for. I posted about hickey of hearts being overused and possibly burning him out ok aribo is a few years older but the principle is the same. We need to take our time with him

He only signed in the summer. The boy needs time to adjust to the league and playing for a club the size of ours. I can definitely see he has bagged of talent.

WATP

Correct have you just found out the definition? I do indeed wish success for my particular sports team. Are you suggesting a sports fan can’t and shouldn’t have a view on the contributions of members of that sports team?

cloodie

Correct have you just found out the definition? I do indeed wish success for my particular sports team. Are you suggesting a sports fan can’t and shouldn’t have a view on the contributions of members of that sports team?
I'm suggesting that doing anything other than offering support to players is detrimental to the team. That's not a difficult concept to understand.

It Is Old But Beautiful

Aribo had a neat and tidy game today and I am sure he had an assist.
Anyone having a pop at the lad today should think hard about exactly what they expect from a young lad still settling into the team and a different league.
But then I suppose the criticism will be coming from the same quarters as the 'sell Alfie for a couple of million' brigade.
Nothing new here, some of the posts on here are making me want to genuinely smash my head into oblivion

How can you call yourself a “supporter” and then turn up at Ibrox with the sole purpose of abusing your own players. Absolutely mind boggling.

grascots

Official Ticketer
It might well be that the last few years have made us bears even more impatient to win a trophy and slowly regain control from that mob. This will ease slightly I feel, when the first trophy is under our belt (Sunday) and we can resume normal levels of abusing our underperforming players.

ItsInTheNet

Well heres hoping that the next 2 games see him giving us top performances and a few goals too should he be playing. He is a big player for us and we need him to start delivering big moments for us starting from tomorrow.

WATP

I'm suggesting that doing anything other than offering support to players is detrimental to the team. That's not a difficult concept to understand.
So since the dawn of the game, players have had feedback from the stands both positive and negative, the same emotions also conveyed from their coaches and managers too but you now see fit to exclude any emotion other than peace and love......aye right sunshine.....now get to bed and fluff up your liberal lefty pillow before you rest your delicate weary wee head.

It Is Old But Beautiful

Abuse? .....now have you just made that up....I’m sure your have.
You said you’re getting a sore throat from “barking at him” does that not literally imply you’re verbally abusing a player of your own club?

I always cheer the team on and it’s completely daft when you have “supporters” abusing the same players of the club that they support. Absolutely mental.

He’s on course in becoming an absolute terrific player, are you sure you’re watching the same player?

MearnsUnionist

I think some folk need to cut Aribo a bit of slack.

He's clearly trying to adapt to our league and cope with the expectation we place on our players.

Something Mark Hateley, Ally McCoist, Borna Barisic (amongst multiple others) have struggled with early in their Gers careers.

He's also trying to break into the best midfield 3 in the league and has on occasion, like Sunday, had to play out of position to get a start.

Give him time and he'll prove to be an outstanding player for us.

Last edited:

Mview83

Official Ticketer
So since the dawn of the game, players have had feedback from the stands both positive and negative, the same emotions also conveyed from their coaches and managers too but you now see fit to exclude any emotion other than peace and love......aye right sunshine.....now get to bed and fluff up your liberal lefty pillow before you rest your delicate weary wee head.
Another who hasn’t watched the interview with Beale. Just carry on shouting regardless.

WATP

You said you’re getting a sore throat from “barking at him” does that not literally imply you’re verbally abusing a player of your own club?

I always cheer the team on and it’s completely daft when you have “supporters” abusing the same players of the club that they support. Absolutely mental.

He’s on course in becoming an absolute terrific player, are you sure you’re watching the same player?
No barking implies a loud voice directed towards the pitch, the players or even the match officials ....at no point did I say abuse....you added your own interpretation which was wide of the mark....abuse to me is calling a player names that are derogatory....shouting to someone to “get into them” or even “FFS you’ve got to be stronger there” isn’t abuse but is definitely a bark !!

Ronniemca

The boy has ability on the the ball ,no doubt about it,but he lacks the drive and aggression required to be effective in competitive matches.Hopefully we can coach this into his game but it may be difficult as he comes across as a shy retiring person.Good player to have on the bench at the moment, but a non-starter for me in games like tonight's and Sunday

Buster

Aribo has undoubted talent and in my humble view be a very big asset to the club . He's still young and going by the limited interviews I've seen of him seems a bit shy .
SG and his team seem to know how to bring players out their shell and express their abilities.
Old enough to remember legends of the club starting their Rangers careers by getting stick from the fans . Ally and Hately were probably the worst .Even Goram started badly and got stick.
Never understood why anyone gives players they don't rate abuse from the stand its counter productive in my view .
Also the bottom line is its not their fault they are playing ,the manager picks them so the problem lies with the managers selection so shout at him .

cloodie

So despite being a Conservative voter I’m a liberal lefty for pointing out that doing anything other than offering support from the stands can be detrimental to a players performance? It’s clear you’re not the sharpest tool in the box fella.