Aribo, what is he giving us?

I'm struggling with Aribo. For me he doesn't offer us anything. It's like we're playing with a man down. He looked good to begin with but now offers nothing. Is it just me?

Aribo along with Arfield both are like a man down as of late.

I do think Aribo tends to hide and drop deep into the midfield too often and to be honest we have 3 better midfielders in that role than him.

His value should be in attacking areas and I agree he's just not doing it enough. I do think he's got good ability though hopefully he just needs to settle in.

I think he can go on and be a valuable player for us but I have to agree, right now along with Arfield we need a lot more than we're currently getting. This is the crunch time for us. We need more players to make that step up in performance levels and keep it consistent. Several others have managed to do that for us of late and these two in addition to Tav must up their game if we are to overcome the papes imo.

If a player in our team isnt scoring goals every week then Follow Follow thinks he offers nothing, wasn't so long ago Ryan Jack was pish.
We are joint top of the league, performing well in Europe and won most our games, Aribo is a part of that.
He has quick feet, gets out of tight spots his passing is good, and he helps us turn defence into attack quickly.

I thought Aribo was brilliant vs Ross County and Livi.

He’s young, he’s going to be inconsistent.

In terms of Arfield - he is offering absolutely nothing at all. Looks well of the pace.

We're doing quite well playing with 9 men. And then you have Tav not being a captain, cowardly and non defending and Goldsons being rubbish, Defoe offering nothing if he doesn't score.
Not to mention Ojo! :eek::eek::eek:
Its a wonder we're in the top six.

I don't know if this place is worse after a defeat or a win when we haven't been great.

He was tactically hindered. We deliberately pushed Barisic very high to stretch Hamilton which resulted in Aribo being sacrificed via having to drop deep to cover. This was needed particularly as they played 2 up top.

Vs County & Livingston he was further forward & didn't need to do this.

Despite this, there is no excuse for him not driving with the ball from deep & injecting a bit of urgency into his game. Takes the easy option more often than not & isn't always available for a pass.

Been a big letdown for me so far but there is certainly a player there. I think management need to figure out how to get the best from him

It's pretty much universally agreed that Arfield is bang out of form. Most people would also probably agree that wide right or inside right probably isn't his best position.

With the return to fitness of Jordan Jones we now have options of proper wide players on both sides who are natural at running at defenders.

I'd like to see us play a 4-2-3-1 in games like yesterday with Davis/Kamara and Jack making up the 2 and either Arfield or Aribo playing as a ten. I think this would be a position Aribo is fair more suited to and if Defoe is playing it means more support and less isolation like we often saw yesterday.

I'd still prefer us to play the 4-3-3 with Kamara jack and Davis for the harder games though.

Thoughts?

Hes a young creative player with a phenomenal first touch ho should be higher upfield as he was with Charlton an is with Nigeria, but he's being played further back to allow a terrible Scott Arfield to play. The

Last edited:
Hamilton played 7 men across the last third of the pitch and barely broke from that all game. They were well disciplined and forced us wide.

We had zero creativity from anybody in the centre of the park due to that as they were all looking to shift the ball wide.

We have seen that he clearly has quality, however he is giving us more in games where there is a bit more space, especially to get beyond the striker.

Mabey he is folling the managers instructions to allow people like barasic to get further up the field. Hard to criticise without knowing fully what he has been asked by the manager to do

Its a shame we're having such a poor season what with all these shit players FF is writing off after every win, I mean its not as though he scored and played well in the game before the break or anything #Gerrardout

Who's writting him off or anything remotely like that? Who called him a shit player?

Its a forum for rangers fans to discuss our club and players and if someone wants to express their opinion that someone isnt contributing as much as they feel they should thats their right.

Feel free to disagree or ignore them.

This type of hyperbole - complete with the idiotic gerardout pish - just shuts down debate and kills the board.

I agree his contribution has been relatively minimal so far, but it only becomes a concern 18 months down the line and we see no progress. He’s shown glimpses of what he can do, but I suspect he’ll need at least the season to settle in to Glasgow first, at which point we should hopefully see more regular contribution.

I'm struggling with Aribo. For me he doesn't offer us anything. It's like we're playing with a man down. He looked good to begin with but now offers nothing. Is it just me?
Maybe watch the last 2 games before yesterday the Ross county and Livingston games and see what he offers.
Aribo’s problem is at the moment her inconsistent but I’m sure that will change in due course.

Who's writting him off or anything remotely like that? Who called him a shit player?

Its a forum for rangers fans to discuss our club and players and if someone wants to express their opinion that someone isnt contributing as much as they feel they should thats their right.

This type of hyperbole - complete with the idiotic gerardout pish - just shuts down debate and kills the board.

The problem is it adds nothing new to the debate; it’s just the same post every other week - “I just don’t see what Aribo brings”.

It’s not really folk looking to have a discussion so much as have a pop at players they don’t like.

we're on some run given Aribo/Arfield/Ojo (have I missed anyone?) contribute nothing when they're on the pitch.

He could be more effective, but he has certainly shown in flashes what he is capable of, he just has to build on that.

Erm the opening post says he 'doesnt offer us anything', so you're wrong and my reply was as sarcastic as that nonsense deserved.

A young lad who was a late developer, playing really well under much less pressure at Charlton.

Now he is playing for us in the league, two cups, Europa League and his national team. All in the space of a few months. Added to that he was on the end of a shocking elbow and out a few weeks.

As Kent said in his interview before yesterdays game, it took him until Christmas before he started hitting good form. Give the boy a chance.

Won’t be popular but I agree

Started a similar thread yesterday and plenty leapt to his defence citing that he’s still young, came from a low league team etc.

For the money he is reportedly earning, we need far more from him. At present, he’s offering very very little in return.

Ps - all those defending him will be the first to slaughter him should we drop any points whilst he’s on the park and not performing

Its a shame we're having such a poor season what with all these shit players FF is writing off after every win, I mean its not as though he scored and played well in the game before the break or anything #Gerrardout

And he was praised for that performance.

For every good performance though, there’s been numerous average/poor ones though

It’s a fans forum you do realise that, yes? Players will be praised and equally criticised when merited.

The team is performing well overall but that doesn’t mean every single player is contributing positively on a regular basis hence why they’ll come in for criticism.

You’re more sensitive than a woman when it comes to anyone daring to criticise a player

Mabey he is folling the managers instructions to allow people like barasic to get further up the field. Hard to criticise without knowing fully what he has been asked by the manager to do

I would think watching yesterday’s game it was obvious what the players had been told , both fullbacks pushed right up and Kamara and Aribo dropped in to cover. Neither fullbacks or the two midfielders had good games so I would say that tactic didn’t work, even if Tav was involved in two goals it left us exposed as shown by their goal when Kamara allowed the boy too much space to cross into where Barasic wasn’t.

And he was praised for that performance.

For every good performance though, there’s been numerous average/poor ones though

It’s a fans forum you do realise that, yes? Players will be praised and equally criticised when merited.

The team is performing well overall but that doesn’t mean every single player is contributing positively on a regular basis hence why they’ll come in for criticism.

You’re more sensitive than a woman when it comes to anyone daring to criticise a player

Sexist pig.

See if the criticism was a bit more constructive than ‘he doesn’t offer us anything’ like the opening post on this thread then maybe it would merit debate, but it is utter nonsense.

We were told by Charlton fans that Aribo is inconsistent. He's had some great games and some poor ones - pretty much the rest of the squad bar a few.

We're doing really well this season overall. The focus on individuals in what is a team game is always a bit strange, but more so when the team is consistently getting results.

We're ruining the most fun season in years for ourselves by demanding perfection. Relax and enjoy the ride.

im just not seeing it at the moment, no doubt has talent but seems to get himself isolated and always needing to pass sideways or backwards

Lets give him some time to settle before the pitch forks come out.

Also its not realistic to expect all 11 players every week to be playing amazing, i agree though he needs to offer more but he does have the ability so i am confident it will come if we just get off the kids back.

Arfield certainly needs dropped and hopefully Jones can take that position even though i know he prefers the left side.

Baffling and frustrating, that some of our player's, want to choose what games they want to turn up to, it's gonna hurt us against some teams.

Won’t be popular but I agree

Started a similar thread yesterday and plenty leapt to his defence citing that he’s still young, came from a low league team etc.

For the money he is reportedly earning, we need far more from him. At present, he’s offering very very little in return.

Yeah but you were told to bolt yesterday as well, You are saying he is offering very little, exactly what are you expecting him to deliver ?

I thought he was a little quiet yesterday but had strung a few good performances together before the break and seemed to be coming on to a game

Some people on FF seem to like moaning about players just for the sake of it

He's a talented creative player with a great touch who's been asked to play further back, in order to shoehorn in a terrible Scott Arfield.

Back