Aribo

We’ll be lucky if we get two seasons out of him. The big teams down south will be keeping tabs on him...

5umdti.jpg

Yaya Toure wears Joe Aribo pyjamas.

The guy oozes class, he’s composed, he’s strong, his footwork is incredible for a big guy, he’s a goal threat. He’s a certainty to earn us a very tidy profit and hopefully number 55

There’s only one joe Aribo
He said no to the paedos
He wants to play in blue
Cause big jock knew

Why are people talking already about selling him ,he's just signed a 3 1/2 year contract I believe . I'm looking at it we could have a very special player for at least the next two and a half seasons minimum . So just sit back and enjoy him ,but please don't think about selling here ,he's only just arrived.

Right over your head Tags. In terms of ability Kamara now looks in his shadow, people think Kamara’s form has dipped, but it’s not really it’s the fact Davis, Jack and Aribo have upped theirs.

Nothing went over my head, they have totally different roles in the team. Or at least did today and in Denmark.

Aribo is obviously a better all round player with more to his game, but that doesn’t mean Kamara is poor.

Having a player like him chose us just makes you appreciate even more having Steven Gerrard as our manager. We are all desperately not trying to get carried away and ultimately the odds are still stacked against us but IF we win 55 this year, is it arguably the biggest achievement in our history?

Nothing went over my head, they have totally different roles in the team. Or at least did today and in Denmark.

Aribo is obviously a better all round player with more to his game, but that doesn’t mean Kamara is poor.

Tags. I know are on the defensive of any criticism of a player. But my point was Mate that Kamara was getting major plaudits at the end of last season and Aribo’s, Davis and Jack’s performances so far this season have put Kamara in the shadow. That’s no criticism Mate it’s just an observation that others have upped their game and Aribo is of an even higher quality.

I’ve never cried after a Rangers success T78. It was just always expected that we would be successful.

After this journey, I’ll be in floods of tears when we get 55 :D
4 of us watching the game on Thursday, I asked the question what would be bigger 9 in a row or 55? Was a 50:50 split. I’m of the opinion 55 will be bigger.

Would be interested in what the forum consensus was. How do you start a poll?

More surely? 4 in a month so far is it not ?

I was thinking that after I posted, I couldn’t find what the Rangers or league record is for midfielder goals in a season, but whatever it is he has the potential to challenge for it.

Aribo is a class act a quality midfielder and I'm so glad we managed to sign him in fact fair play to Gerrard/Allen/the board what a coup.

I haven't been this excited watching a midfielder player in our team for years this is probably going back to the days of Ferguson/GVB/Albertz/Arteta/DeBoer.

Around 5 replies to this thread make comments about how much money he will make us. Seriously fcuks me off reading this about our players time after time.

Is it just me that wants to enjoy the player and concentrate on what an immense talent he is and what he brings to the team?

Is this fascination on his future sell fee down to the fact that the mentally challenged needs to punt a player every year just to keep the lights on?

I for one hope that he is here for a very long time. What happens in the future will take care of itself. Obviously we are a selling club but surely we can park that chat every time we secure the services of genuine talent?

Agree entirely !

Last edited:
Around 5 replies to this thread make comments about how much money he will make us. Seriously fcuks me off reading this about our players time after time.

Is it just me that wants to enjoy the player and concentrate on what an immense talent he is and what he brings to the team?

Is this fascination on his future sell fee down to the fact that the mentally challenged needs to punt a player every year just to keep the lights on?

I for one hope that he is here for a very long time. What happens in the future will take care of itself. Obviously we are a selling club but surely we can park that chat every time we secure the services of genuine talent?

Bang on

He could be just as important to us this season as Tav and Morelos.

The way he;s started his Gers career, we won't have him any longer than 2 seasons at the absolute most.

4 of us watching the game on Thursday, I asked the question what would be bigger 9 in a row or 55? Was a 50:50 split. I’m of the opinion 55 will be bigger.

That’s a good shout actually. 9 in a row was massive because it got a big monkey off of our backs, but given the problems we have had in recent years, and at one stage not even being sure we would still have our club, I’m still clear that 55 does it for me DR.

Not sure how to set up the poll mate. Sorry :cool:

Should have been 10 , we threw that away

A classy footballer. He'll get between 15-20 goals this season. However, it won't be long until he's a target for the SPFL hatchet men.

Through our history, whenever a player comes in you can usually compare his style, gait, talent etc with a player from the past. For example I look at Glen Kamara and see hints of Reyna. Barry Ferguson when he first came in had a wee bit of Durrant about him.

I don’t think I can definitively compare Aribo to anyone I’ve seen at Rangers before. There’s maybe a wee bit of Miko in there but a helluva lot better. A wee bit of Albertz, Van Bronckhorst perhaps, but he’s certainly unique.

Will go down as one of our best value signings ever, an absolute steal an a joy to watch. Will have a great career and we should enjoy it while we have him.

Said it at the time. You guys got an absolute bargain there and will make a decent sum when cashing in on him be in next summer or 3 summers from now. He’s a terrific player and will probably be one of the top 3 players in the league this season

Through our history, whenever a player comes in you can usually compare his style, gait, talent etc with a player from the past. For example I look at Glen Kamara and see hints of Reyna. Barry Ferguson when he first came in had a wee bit of Durrant about him.

I don’t think I can definitively compare Aribo to anyone I’ve seen at Rangers before. There’s maybe a wee bit of Miko in there but a helluva lot better. A wee bit of Albertz, Van Bronckhorst perhaps, but he’s certainly unique.

Will go down as one of our best value signings ever, an absolute steal an a joy to watch. Will have a great career and we should enjoy it while we have him.

Better than Miko?
That's quite a statement after half a dozen games.
Let's not get carried away here.

He has a bit to go before he matches Miko imho.
Let's just enjoy his talent and let him flourish in a Rangers jersey without burdening the boy with outlandish comparisons.

It’s hardly outlandish, I’m no comparing him to Laudrup ffs :)).

I’m not sure which Miko you watched but I’d say Aribo looks a level or 2 above him on evidence so far.

Back