Aribo

If Gerrard can instill a bit of steel/fire into his play we will have one hell of a player.

He can drift in and out and doesnt always do as much as hes capable of. Thats where good management cones in.

And to think the first half there was shouts he was another coulibally lol. This place is a farce at times. Aribo is a young lad finding his feet for a massive club under demands he has never faced before, he will have dips in form. Look at ryan jack, he is now at the age where his consistency is never in doubt.

He's far more effective where he gets space. Struggled in the first half due to SJ sitting deep and crowding the midfield.

The minute the game opened up he came into his own and started bossing it.

The boy's got the natural talent to go all the way in the game and there's no one better to bring out the best in him than Gerrard and McAllister.

2nd half he was on fire, looked 10 times quicker aswell and just oozed class and quality

He is adjusting to the Spl and can only get better as the months go on.

Agree he had a good 2nd half. However he, Ojo and Barker were so poor I would have subbed them at half time.

First half he was totally anonymous again.

He came onto a game after we got ahead and space began to open up.

He's a frustrating player because in little flashes you can see he has a lot of talent, but he appears to lack belief in himself and his ability.

He was far too deep in the first half. He was definitely given more freedom in 2nd and at times he was playing off the striker. Much more effective

Hes young and in a new league. Going to need some time to adjust. He will have more poor halves but I've got no doubt he will become a brilliant player

First half passed him by, but what I seen of the second half he strolled it. When he is on form he's creates so much in tight spaces.

First half was shocking from him. No excuses with that. No fight or drive at all.

Second half was like a new player. Close control and dig that we saw at the start of the season was there. Fantastic showing.

Thought he was getting frustrated with the lack of protection from the ref and let St J physicality put him off his game.

Much better 2nd 45

Awful 1st half but he played well once the game opened up.

Agree.

He really was poor firsr half. Much better second half for the reason you mentioned.

The thing he needs to add to his game is the ability to really influence a tight dogged defending type fixture. He’s much better when a game is open.

Plenty of time though. The lads still young

He had a decent second half...against St Johnstone. Is the inference here that's he's been great since the start of the season and I've somehow missed this or as numerous posters have mentioned - he has been terrible, anonymous, toilet etc?.

I want him to kick on and do well but your point is nonsensical.

The thing I don't like about our fans at times and it's nothing new. These young fellas are hardly in the door and we demand instant results.
As a support we must have patience and give encouragement to them. I especially don't like the singling out of certain players like ojo has been getting. It isn't doing the players any favours or the team in general.
I'm not saying they are above criticism,but they really shouldn't be getting abuse,especially from the ones who turn up at games and spend the whole game abusing players who aren't flavour of the month

He had a decent second half...against St Johnstone. Is the inference here that's he's been great since the start of the season and I've somehow missed this or as numerous posters have mentioned - he has been terrible, anonymous, toilet etc?.

"Toilet in every game" is a complete load of dribbling fucking nonsense.

The inference was you cunted it earlier.

He’s been very good since he signed but had a poor OF game when played out of position.

The inference was you cunted it earlier.

He’s been very good since he signed but had a poor OF game when played out of position.

Seriously, have a word with yourself. My opinion is different from yours, he's not offered up much in my opinion. He had a decent second half but that's it. Hope the guy kicks on after today.

Seriously, have a word with yourself. My opinion is different from yours, he's not offered up much in my opinion. He had a decent second half but that's it. Hope the guy kicks on after today.
Had a word with myself and now back to confirm that he’s had one bad game and not one good half which seems to be your cold take.

But he is absolutely toilet says cuellarsbraces.

'has been' I never said he was or 'is' toilet. He's had half a good game in my opinion. I'm not here to agree with you. How you and Oduwa are conducting yourselves in a debate amongst fellow fans is particularly dreadful.

'has been' I never said he was or 'is' toilet. He's had half a good game in my opinion. I'm not here to agree with you. How you and Oduwa are conducting yourselves in a debate amongst fellow fans is particularly dreadful.
You told us.

Conducting ourselves?It was you who said he has been toilet every game in the match thread.I replied with a simple “ that’s blatant f ucking lies”,which it is.

Conducting ourselves?It was you who said he has been toilet every game in the match thread.I replied with a simple “ that’s blatant f ucking lies”,which it is.

So stating an opinion is blatant fucking lies?

You and the other poster have turned this into a childish slanging match in some bizarre playground game one-upmanship. Well done, you've won the internet today

I wonder what his 'instructions' are & how he may be told to change his position & / or style when the team mates around him may change ?

Watching him in pre-season ( which isn't exactly indicative of how things pan out of course ) - he seemed to have an almost 'free-role' & was able to break so quickly & efficiently from defence to attack

I really did think he would make such a difference when breaking down packed defences

One way or another that hasn't happened as successfully as I'd have liked & I wonder if that is because of tactical restrictions imposed by the managerial / coaching staff ?

For instance I'd prefer him to run directly at defences when in possession more than he has done in the last few games -

On Thursday & even in the 2nd half today- he could have kept going further himself - but instead checked his runs once too often for me & tried to make a pass that was never on - or if it was - it still achieved less than if he'd carrried on

I know this is all a bit simplistic - but I don't think we've got the best of him yet by a long shot & am curious to know what's needed to improve his contribution & maybe that's changing the instructions he gets ?
Not that I know what they are right now anyway

So stating an opinion is blatant fucking lies?

You and the other poster have turned this into a childish slanging match in some bizarre playground game one-upmanship. Well done, you've won the internet today
You saying anyone else is bizarre wins the internet trolling award for the day.

Like so many others he's going to need time to fully settle in. Something that isn't given very often at Rangers. Time is so, so very important. He's a young man and clearly very talented. We've seen lots of things to suggest he's going to be excellent.

Anyone who wants to judge him already should probably give up watching football.

Back