Aribo's best defensive performance to date

NathanK

Recapping the game and previous games I am always critical of Aribo being slow to close down gaps or track runs, but today he looked the most composed in the midfield when a lot of the players were struggling to put a pass together, he played his heart out and left everything on the pitch and he did what he does best and that is just dance past everyone and proceed to show he has the best ability to bring a ball out of the air dead

Recapping the game and previous games I am always critical of Aribo being slow to close down gaps or track runs, but today he looked the most composed in the midfield when a lot of the players were struggling to put a pass together, he played his heart out and left everything on the pitch and he did what he does best and that is just dance past everyone and proceed to show he has the best ability to bring a ball out of the air dead
Joe Aribo was excellent today!

Last season Aribo started slowly, but this season he has been a shinning light ahead of many others.
Well done Joe!
Keep it up!!

I personally think he has been much better defensively since start of season. He gets through a lot of work off the ball now. Looks like he has beefed up a big as well

Winning that header and then chasing the ball down was a great effort from Aribo.

To me he’s showing up in games for much longer spells, I think he’s going to be a big player this season.

He was brilliant today. One of our only players who looks to play passes through the defensive rather than going out wide over and over. Good performance.

He played well today, esp late on but we need more from him in terms of shots. He still has too much of the ball in op box without getting shots off.

Put in a really good shift. Still needs to do better in the final third, but showed a battling side to his game today.

He proved once again today that he's not just a "fancy dan" player that's full of tricks and flicks, he put in an all round performance today and some of his defensive work was outstanding.
He's a real team player!
Well in Joe!

I like Aribo as a footballer but I have noticed over the last few games he doesn’t mind the dirty side either. Never pulls out of a challenge anyway.

There is a distinct difference in Joe, Glen, Calvin, Ianis and Ryan. They all seem to want to take responsibility and drive the team on, not just in attacking scenarios but in defence too. Kent done it v them and again today, losing the ball and then retrieving it. No throwing up the arms, or turning away, nope straight back to it, and then turning to face their goal.
A lot of this teams potential could be coming to the fore.

Lost he ball while dancing past two defenders in their box but won it back with ball 2 meters from him…..applause!

Always preferred him playing as one of the front 3 but he's doing fine in the middle of the park! One of the first names on the team sheet

I make him my man of the match today , defending is probably never gonna be his strongest attribute , but his effort this season especially has been excellent .

I always have a chuckle when posters leave him out of team prediction threads , because Steven Gerrard never leaves him out .

Back