Ariel Ortega

Porrohman

when we beat Parma 2-0 at Ibrox, he was supposed to be the real deal and the danger man but the Ibrox faithful was on his case from the first whistle and he disappeared without even touching the ball if i remember correctly before getting subbed halfway through the first half, one of my all time fav Rangers games
p.s. sorry another thread about Parma but it was fkn great

I thought his best days in Europe was his year at Valencia. He was highly rated in Argentina but didn't live up to his potential at Parma to be honest.

He was brilliant , had all the skill in the world but he would get you mad as he wouldnt stop diving.... playacting of the highest level

when we beat Parma 2-0 at Ibrox, he was supposed to be the real deal and the danger man but the Ibrox faithful was on his case from the first whistle and he disappeared without even touching the ball if i remember correctly before getting subbed halfway through the first half, one of my all time fav Rangers games
p.s. sorry another thread about Parma but it was fkn great
Never forget watched that game in an outdoor bar in Magaluf. Good few hundred mostly in Rangers strips...great atmosphere,
Some big norn Irishman shouts out about Ortega in booming voice ...”poet by name, poet by nature”...
Classic

Great player. Thread made me have a nosey online about him. Turns out he actually only played that one season for Parma and one season for Sampdoria before that. Alcohol problem too as he got older, whilst still playing. Nearly 90 caps for Argentina so obviously still had a great career.

Back