Arsenal - All or Nothing

Very insightful, cheers for that mate.

No offence to you or your brother but I was convinced that he was a rancid bheast. I thought Scottish guy moving down there and living with Tierney that it's either his bumchum or he was that big a bheast lover that he just couldn't turn the opportunity down.

Thanks for clearing that up though as it was bugging me after watching it. Glad to know the chef is one of us. He must have to listen to some deluded shaite in that house living with him.
He must be on some seriously good money to put up with that pish.
He’s minted mate aye.

Was going to see if he could get me in, to wash the dishes. Fell on death ears.

So far it's made me warm to Arteta more as Arsenal manager.

Also good insight in to how the club operate, the speech the photographer gave before the Spurs home game was spine tingling.

Dreading the inevitable disappointment at the end when they don't reach top 4.

It absolutely wasn’t Amazon or the AON series who approached the club.

I really don’t know why you are making this up. Strange behaviour

Making it up? Google Rangers All or Nothing and you'll see the articles about it and us rejecting the deal.

It's readily known that Amazon approached the club the season beforehand, or did they just start posting random Rangers content for the fun of it?

And then come out with Rangers72 the following season...

It was Amazon and we said no.
Go do your googling and come back.

Strange to accuse someone of making stuff up when it's widely already known and out there.

Weird behaviour.

Making it up? Google Rangers All or Nothing and you'll see the articles about it and us rejecting the deal.

It's readily known that Amazon approached the club the season beforehand, or did they just start posting random Rangers content for the fun of it?

Strange to accuse someone of making stuff up when it's widely already known and out there.

Weird behaviour.

It absolutely was not Amazon or AON who approached Rangers. I’m not interested in what Internet articles say because they aren’t true. Why don’t you give me a laugh and show me an article that says Rangers specifically knocked back having NFL Films come in and work with us?

A production company did approach the club but it wasn’t Amazon or NFL Network who make the All Or Nothing Series.

If you want to believe that, fair enough.

You are totally wrong though.

It absolutely was not Amazon or AON who approached Rangers. I’m not interested in what Internet articles say because they aren’t true.

A production company did approach the club but it wasn’t Amazon or NFL Network who make the All Or Nothing Series.

If you want to believe that, fair enough.

You are totally wrong though.

That's fair enough mate, no need to start accusing me of making shit up and being strange though.

I've just been going off articles and putting two and two together, obviously getting five though.

I knew a production company was floating about at the time, and with those articles and the Amazon tweets coinciding with it, looked like it was them.

You obviously know more.

Watched the first one. Canny really be arsed with this pseudo psychology pish that the modern mangers come out with in their team talks. What ever happened to kicking a boot aff the players napper. Unless he does this is episode 2?

Weird behaviour.
Amazon had nothing to do with the producing of Rangers72, it was just sold to be played on their streaming service after it came out

If you thought you hated Tierney previously, wait til you watch this. I'm two episodes in and even watching him dancing to Status Quo is making me want to put my boot through the telly.

Not seen it yet but is Tierney’s interview as bad as it reads? I might come across as a d*ck but him saying “2 or 3 of my friends have committed suicide” is a strange thing to say.

It isn’t that unusual.

I could use the same statement and don’t think it would be unreasonable. Friendships evolve, they’re not constant things, and how you define your list of friends can change over time.

A guy I was good friends with in school committed suicide, but he had naturally been in contact far less over the years prior. There’s a big grey area of friendship which is hard to define.

It isn’t that unusual.

I could use the same statement and don’t think it would be unreasonable. Friendships evolve, they’re not constant things, and how you define your list of friends can change over time.

A guy I was good friends with in school committed suicide, but he had naturally been in contact far less over the years prior. There’s a big grey area of friendship which is hard to define.
Fair enough, I wasn't trying to have a dig at him or anything, just found it to be a strange choice of words. Probably came across like you described when he said it.

Im still quite sad that we rejected to have Amazon here filming an AON.

Can understand why though, it was an important season and had we not won the league, it'd be Amazon taking it in the neck getting the blame etc.

Compromised and got our Rangers72 doc but still, I'd have loved to have seen the ins and outs of our league winning season.
It would have been fascinating but a lot of fans don’t end up liking what they see about the club. Imagine the press stories it might throw up around here.

Watched the first 3 last night and really enjoyed it as I have all the AONs I've watched. Arteta comes across as someone with a clear vision and loads of passion but he does seem to accept he's far from the finished article as a top manager and sometimes to a fault.

I agree with those that have mentioned some of the approaches he has to team talks are a bit out there and I also think he's possibly coming across as a bit soft on player dealings. That may change as the show goes on, he has a young squad so I like that he cares about the players and spends a lot of time putting an arm around them but I've not seen much of him criticizing them for bad performances, to me he needs to have a more balanced approach.

The state of that c..t PY.

Imagine that walking into a dressing room managed by Smith, Stein or Ferguson……..

Is it just me that wants to throw that tactics board to f..k?

Watched the first 3 last night and really enjoyed it as I have all the AONs I've watched. Arteta comes across as someone with a clear vision and loads of passion but he does seem to accept he's far from the finished article as a top manager and sometimes to a fault.

I agree with those that have mentioned some of the approaches he has to team talks are a bit out there and I also think he's possibly coming across as a bit soft on player dealings. That may change as the show goes on, he has a young squad so I like that he cares about the players and spends a lot of time putting an arm around them but I've not seen much of him criticizing them for bad performances, to me he needs to have a more balanced approach.
He did drop the captain and get rid pretty quickly. How much we will get to see if that in the episodes to come I guess we will find out soon enough.

Jesus Christ, the music in this is absolutely appalling.

I hope Arfield is the DJ for us.

Only watched the 1st episode but get the impression Josh Kroenke just flew out for the beginning of filming to make it look like he hangs about the place full time. Might be proved wrong but given how vocal the fans were about their absenteeism style of ownership it seems like a calculated move to appear more connected.

Good to see how progressive a manager Arteta is. He does seem like the kind of manager who the players respect and trust with their development

Think it's brilliant. Auba is a knob and rumours is he's out of barca maybe because the players they've brought in but maybe not.

Sorry off subject a bit here but Sky Documentary Channel showing, 89' about Arsenal's historic last match of season, last minute triumph of the League Championship 1988 - 1989 against Liverpool at Anfield winner take all 10 pm , Friday August 12th, Sky Docus.

Think it's brilliant. Auba is a knob and rumours is he's out of barca maybe because the players they've brought in but maybe not.
He’s done well at Barca but they’ve now got Lewandowski.

Auba strongly rumoured to be reunited with Tuchel at Chelsea.

Think I'd instantly lose faith in my manager if he enlisted some fat nobody to rhyme off cloying, expletive-ridden bollocks like that in front of me.

Stuart McFarlane is loved by the players, you can see that on his Instagram aswell as the show. It was a great move by Arteta

Sorry off subject a bit here but Sky Documentary Channel showing, 89' about Arsenal's historic last match of season, last minute triumph of the League Championship 1988 - 1989 against Liverpool at Anfield winner take all 10 pm , Friday August 12th, Sky Docus.

It is absolutely brilliant

Im still quite sad that we rejected to have Amazon here filming an AON.

Can understand why though, it was an important season and had we not won the league, it'd be Amazon taking it in the neck getting the blame etc.

Compromised and got our Rangers72 doc but still, I'd have loved to have seen the ins and outs of our league winning season.
I’d actually hate to have us as part of a tv zoo for rubbernecking cabbages. The club should retain its’ class, and even mystique.

Don’t even think about it, Rangers.

People can criticise or mock these documentaries but they are absolutely brilliant for giving the regular punter insight into what happens behind the scenes at these massive sporting institutions.

There’s so much we, as fans, take for granted when you watch a game of football. The scale of the operations behind the scenes are massive and probably never fully appreciated or understood by 90% of regular match day supporters.

BTW Arteta comes across as a brilliant manager in it. Can tell he’s learned a lot from Pep.

People can criticise or mock these documentaries but they are absolutely brilliant for giving the regular punter insight into what happens behind the scenes at these massive sporting institutions.

There’s so much we, as fans, take for granted when you watch a game of football. The scale of the operations behind the scenes are massive and probably never fully appreciated or understood by 90% of regular match day supporters.

BTW Arteta comes across as a brilliant manager in it. Can tell he’s learned a lot from Pep.
I wish folks on here would watch it, if only to understand that you can’t just punt a player because he’s become injury prone or it being easy to go to market and sign the next Morelos or whoever.

Very insightful, cheers for that mate.

No offence to you or your brother but I was convinced that he was a rancid bheast. I thought Scottish guy moving down there and living with Tierney that it's either his bumchum or he was that big a bheast lover that he just couldn't turn the opportunity down.

Thanks for clearing that up though as it was bugging me after watching it. Glad to know the chef is one of us. He must have to listen to some deluded shaite in that house living with him.
He must be on some seriously good money to put up with that pish.
Maybe he just met a celtic fan at work and became mates with him? The same thing that happens at work places up and down the country

I'd hate us to do something like this.

To get into the dressing room is something that should be earned.

To hear what our manager says again should be for very few.

I also believe sharing our inner working weakens you longer term.

I think the series has been tremendous. Arteta and his staff, as well as all the players, inlcuding Tierney (deduct staunch points if required) come across really well.

They have built a very decent team and I have looked out for their past 2 results etc as a result of the show. I hope they/Arteta do well this season.

Honestly my main takeaway is that there's a real lack of characters in the Arsenal dressing room.

I think with previous All or Nothings you learnt quite a bit about the players and their relationships, but with this one so far there hasn't been much of that because everyone's personality seems bone dry.

I reckon there's a lot more focus on the manager this season in order to compensate for that. Arteta is obviously interesting but I can't imagine there would be this much focus on him if the players weren't so boring.

I'd hate us to do something like this.

To get into the dressing room is something that should be earned.

To hear what our manager says again should be for very few.

I also believe sharing our inner working weakens you longer term.

Tend to agree. I'm finding it an interesting watch, but wouldn't like it to be us.

Maybe he just met a celtic fan at work and became mates with him? The same thing that happens at work places up and down the country
Aye and moved the length of the country with him, to live in the same house and become his personal chef. I'd imagine that happens quite often..

Back