Arsenal been in contact with Glen Kamaras agent ?

He has a year left on his contract? If so will significantly dent his transfer value

I don’t think we’ll get the £20m that some posters have their hearts set on, hope he has a cracking Euro’s though from a personal point and financial one.

Arsenal/Kamara is a lazy link due to his background at the club, he’d obviously suit their midfield and do well.

But can’t see it.
We can get close to 15m mate.

Rangers need to show clubs especially English ones our top players don't come cheap.

Kamara playing like he has this year for Watford or Norwich? Arsenal would be paying more than 12m

We can get close to 15m mate.

Rangers need to show clubs especially English ones our top players don't come cheap.

Kamara playing like he has this year for Watford or Norwich? Arsenal would be paying more than 12m
Yeah, I suspect if he does move with will round about £15m or a few million more + add ons.

I wonder if someone will try prior to the Euros - a good tournament and the fee moves up further.

15m would probably have us thinking about it.

Arsenal paid £25m for Tierney so £12m they can GTF

£20m for Kamara minimum

Let’s see how he does at the Euros but we don’t need to accept any offers

Leeds tried to get Kent on the cheap and we said no

Lille offered £16m for Alfie and we wanted £20m so said no to Lille

I have every faith in Ross Wilson to demand the correct fees for our stars

Arsenal will need to come back with a fee that starts at £20m plus a sell on clause as Kamara will only get better

In perspective, when you see Biscuit hips move for £25m and Frimpong for £11m, Glen Kamara is easily a £20m+ player.

It’s a no lose situation for us, would imagine the club will value him around £20m so they will need to pay big money.

If he goes we use the money to bring in 3 quality players starting with Veerman

Kamara could play in any league in Europe.
He might actually suit continental football that much more than football in the UK.
The more tactical the game is, the better he plays.
If he leaves, we will miss him in Europe.

We need to hold onto Kamara as we are already light in that area with Davis aging (admittedly not showing it, but it will happen eventually) Jack being injury prone and Zungu out the door. Hopefully we can keep him for another season and if we’re selling anyone, let it be a couple of the players approaching their 30s.

Double his wages and get him to sign for another year. Move on next summer after another excellent season and hopefully CL experience.

I want to get this off my chest so I’ll do it in this thread in the hope I don’t get lynched.

I think Kamara plays well within himself and has far more to offer. I get that may be due to the role he’s being asked to fulfil in our set up but the point still stands.

He needs to start bossing games and believe in his ability because he has it in abundance.

Alex, I think in the last 3/4 months he has started that process.

He’s been getting forward more than ever too.

By the end of next season he can be a truly complete midfielder.

Football insider?? :D

Arsenal are reportedly stepping up their pursuit of former academy ace and Rangers midfield mainstay Glen Kamara ahead of the upcoming transfer window.​

According to a report from Football Insider, Premier League giants Arsenal are intent on re-signing Finnish midfielder Glen Kamara from Scottish champions Rangers in the summer and are ready to hand him a five-year contract to return to the Emirates.
Horseshit

You feel hes underperforming?

I agree there is alot more to come but right now hes progressing well. No issues for me.

To an extent but I get that might be tactical. Combine the role he plays for Finland and Rangers and you almost have the complete midfielder, the only thing lacking is goals.

I want to go out and impose himself on games, own the pitch and drive us forward more. He has the tools to do it.

We should be looking for about 20 million for him. Especially after the euros. Wonderful player but would be a great return for us. Then onto the next bargain.

If they can pay £25m for Tierney then they can start at that with another £10m in add ons. And if they have been turning his head so he won’t sign with us get them f-ing reported. They’re not exactly popular with UEFA at the moment.
I don’t know why I constantly see this on here with regards to Tierney. He is probably one of the top 5 LBs in that league.

Is Kamara going to be one of the top 5 CMs?

£15-20m is what I’d really like, but the comparisons with Tierneys fee are mind boggling.

I don’t know why I constantly see this on here with regards to Tierney. He is probably one of the top 5 LBs in that league.

Is Kamara going to be one of the top 5 CMs?

£15-20m is what I’d really like, but the comparisons with Tierneys fee are mind boggling.
I agree, but didn’t want to get shouted at and that’s before you factor in age etc :))

Arsenal and Arsenal fans in general like 'name' signings. A Finnish midfielder they released playing in Scotland isn't something that will get their delusional fanbase excited.

You think so? Given that we stood firm in rejecting the morelos low ball offers.
I think so. £12m and Kamara is off (if he agrees to go of course).

The Morelos comparison doesn't really work to be honest, he's the arrowhead in a potent system proven at scoring goals in Europe. Goalscorers value are at a premium compared to anybody else, and I say that knowing fine well how good Kamara is.

We would accept North of £10m, absolutely no question.

I think he would be a great player for Arsenal but not sure I can see it happening. I’d tell them to ram it for £12m though, nearer £20m and we can talk.

Back