Arsenal been in contact with Glen Kamaras agent ?

I don’t think we’ll get the £20m that some posters have their hearts set on, hope he has a cracking Euro’s though from a personal point and financial one.

Arsenal/Kamara is a lazy link due to his background at the club, he’d obviously suit their midfield and do well.

But can’t see it.
He could comfortably play in any top league in the world imo. Still young 2 years left. 20 Million at least or feck off and point to their injury prone left back as to the precedent.

He could comfortably play in any top league in the world imo. Still young 2 years left. 20 Million at least or feck off and point to their injury prone left back as to the precedent.
Their injury prone left back has played something like 35 games this season, is two years younger and as another poster alluded to, is one of the best in their league.

I don’t doubt Kamara’s ability, but if he does move I think it will be for around £15m but obviously I hope I’m wrong - but I’m not preparing myself for any higher bids.

Tapping up goes on all the time, rightly or wrongly and I don’t doubt that we’ve done it ourselves.
Correct, every club taps up. Anyone that thinks different is deluded. Agents are always in discussions with other clubs advising what terms the player would be looking for.

Model should be Gerrard gets 50% back on what we earn in transfers.

% dependant on Europe primarily but, I agree, there should be an incentive to coaching team and manager too.

who knows, if we qualify for CL and that guarantees £30m or so then that’s a game changer and maybe the team stays together another season?!

% dependant on Europe primarily but, I agree, there should be an incentive to coaching team and manager too.

who knows, if we qualify for CL and that guarantees £30m or so then that’s a game changer and maybe the team stays together another season?!
sorry mate I'm was meaning back to spend on transfers.

I'm totally against managers getting any payoffs for selling players

Their injury prone left back has played something like 35 games this season, is two years younger and as another poster alluded to, is one of the best in their league.

I don’t doubt Kamara’s ability, but if he does move I think it will be for around £15m but obviously I hope I’m wrong - but I’m not preparing myself for any higher bids.
He's not even in his prime. Regularly plays well in international games and Europe. I would be severely disappointed if we accepted anything in the teen millions. When you see some of the shite that goes for multi millions that don't have his big game experience etc then I think 20 is fair. Time we stopped being seen as easy targets imo.

He's not even in his prime. Regularly plays well in international games and Europe. I would be severely disappointed if we accepted anything in the teen millions. When you see some of the shite that goes for multi millions that don't have his big game experience etc then I think 20 is fair. Time we stopped been seen as easy targets imo.
I trust the board to get the best deal they can anyway!.

sorry mate I'm was meaning back to spend on transfers.

I'm totally against managers getting any payoffs for selling players
I know mate. That’s what I mean too. An “incentive” as in they have assurances that big transfer fees won’t just disappear into the Club coffers and they’ll see the benefit, in terms of money to spend on new players, for the hard work they put in to identify and then develop young players

I think so. £12m and Kamara is off (if he agrees to go of course).

The Morelos comparison doesn't really work to be honest, he's the arrowhead in a potent system proven at scoring goals in Europe. Goalscorers value are at a premium compared to anybody else, and I say that knowing fine well how good Kamara is.

We would accept North of £10m, absolutely no question.

Yes north of £10m but it would have to be significantly higher.

£10m would get a promising but unproven best of League 1/championship player, Kamara is a seasoned international and European player hardened by playing week in week out for a club and supporters with high demands and expectations.

That experience will cost well in excess of £10m, the European Championship will prove it.

Last edited:
I don’t know why I constantly see this on here with regards to Tierney. He is probably one of the top 5 LBs in that league.

Is Kamara going to be one of the top 5 CMs?

£15-20m is what I’d really like, but the comparisons with Tierneys fee are mind boggling.
Tierney is a good player. He does have injury issues.

I'd say right good central midfielders are a more expensive commodity than full backs. Just my opinion.

How good can Kamara be? He's improving all the time.

The valuation in the OP is laughable but the club will not entertain lowball offers as proven by binning the offer for Alfie which was the right thing to do.

Last summer I'd have said that was a good offer- now I'd be wanting more for sure.
Going to be hard enough recruiting for the midfield this summer as it is.

Yes north of £10m but it would have to be significantly higher.

£10m would get a promising but unproven best of championship player, Kamara is a seasoned nternational and European player hardened by playing week in week out for a club and supporters with high demands and expectations.

That experience will cost well in excess of £10m, the European Championship will prove it.

I hope so mate.

In my opinion though if we are offered £12m then we accept it.

I hope so mate.

In my opinion though if we are offered £12m then we accept it.

Every player has his price but I really think that would be underselling his current worth far less his potential to develop further.

He could easily be, if he wished to remain, the lynchpin of our midfield for years to come.

I just feel with his ability and experience he is worth significantly more, you could bet your life if the bheasts from the East had Kamara they would not begin discussions at that price.

I would add though with his European suspension barring him from ECL qualifiers a bit of me wonders if that would affect our willingness to deal or not, and at what price.

I want to get this off my chest so I’ll do it in this thread in the hope I don’t get lynched.

I think Kamara plays well within himself and has far more to offer. I get that may be due to the role he’s being asked to fulfil in our set up but the point still stands.

He needs to start bossing games and believe in his ability because he has it in abundance.

Actually know where you're coming from.

There are plenty times I want him to grab the game by the scruff of the neck by zipping that difficult pass through the lines or drive forward with the ball. Hes proven he can do it in games but doesn't do it as much as he could. Suspect it's largely tactical.

One valid criticism is he is still quite poor at letting runners come off him but all our midfield is the same bar Jack.

Kamara does have the potential to really by a top midfielder and would be a difficult one to replace

I don’t know why I constantly see this on here with regards to Tierney. He is probably one of the top 5 LBs in that league.

Is Kamara going to be one of the top 5 CMs?

£15-20m is what I’d really like, but the comparisons with Tierneys fee are mind boggling.
I agree a lot of people on here bring up Tierney unrealistically when looking at values for our players but I think the comparison is valid when it’s the same club buying a similar standard of player from the same league. If it was another club I wouldn’t have mentioned Tierney and even then it was only to highlight just how low the £12m price quoted was.

I think Kamara is actually a better quality player than Tierney so is “worth” more, but whether we get more is another matter because transfers are not all about “value” and Covid is an issue.

I would also say CM is a higher value position than full back in general and plenty of EPL teams have paid way more than £25m for players nowhere near the top 5 at their position.

Tierney being a top 5 LB is also debatable. He is undoubtedly a good player but he can’t stay fit. He will have missed 1/2 of Arsenal’s league games over the 2 seasons he has been there through 4 or 5 separate injuries. It’s not like he’s had an ACL and missed a season.

Imagine Ross Wilson going into Gerrardoffice and telling him he was accepting a bit of £12 million for Kamara

Imagine a board member walking into Ross Wilson’s office and telling him they’re accepting a bid of £12 million for Kamara

Imagine someone at Arsenal phoning someone on our board and offering £12 million for Kamara

Exactly

Let’s face it, if Arsenal come in for any of our players offering to triple their wages in the process, they’re going to be very interested.

They may not be the force they were but they’re still one of the Premiership’s biggest names.

The stumbling block will be the price.

Thankfully we’ve already shown with Morelos last season that we won’t budge from our own evaluations so they’d need to be offering a substantial amount more than £12m before we even pick up the phone.

Let’s face it, if Arsenal come in for any of our players offering to triple their wages in the process, they’re going to be very interested.

They may not be the force they were but they’re still one of the Premiership’s biggest names.

The stumbling block will be the price.

Thankfully we’ve already shown with Morelos last season that we won’t budge from our own evaluations so they’d need to be offering a substantial amount more than £12m before we even pick up the phone.
The mhedia are already saying we value him at £10m. Absolute bollocks.

its simple they have the 1 & 2 the wrong way round yep north of 21 mil and we start a conversation, it should be as easy as if u paid 25 for biscuit hips then the same or more thank u very much

selling Kam for this price and securing Veerman for around 8 mil, perfect way to do business Rangers ;-)

I'd push for more but would probably take £18m for him. Put £10m of that in the bank and spend the rest getting a replacement and an additional midfielder. Obviously finances aren't as black and white as that but if that happened I certainly wouldn't be displeased.

I do wonder of Kamara’s contract could be a sticking point.

He cost £50,000 from Dundee, he won’t be getting the wage of a £20m footballer and that’s the angle his agent will use.

He’ll be nowhere near the likes of Morelos or Goldson near the £30,000 a week mark, and that could work against us getting absolute top dollar.

We wouldn't be able to afford Kamara if he wasn't ours already. Taking my blue tinted specs off, with his age, potential and an internationalist, plus a league winner under Steven Gerrard he's got to be worth £18 million minimum. I would value him higher if he wasn't plying his trade in the Scottish Premiership.

Came up on a report from ‘Teamtalk’ I saw. Only posting what I read people can speculate whether it’s accurate or not. The board have already said part of their strategy is to sell. I do expect someone to leave, don’t you?
I expect someone to leave I totally agree, we have to start cashing in at some point as it is our financial model but surely we would not be tempted by a £12m bid for one of our younger key players

Calm down people,the management know value of our players.If a realistic bid comes in then we will do business.

Seems like a fairly lazy link:-

playing well so clubs likely interested
probably wants a move to England and EPL now or soon
used to be at Arsenal

The lack of any actual evidence around the move renders it meh.

Back