Arsenal searching for new Scouts to drive their recruitment via Nolan Partners linkup

It seems that no one at the top of Arsenal knows anything about football. Hiring an agency to get your scouts? That’s insane.
How would they recruit scouts ? An advert in the Guardian? Nolan partnership are a very big recruitment firm whove worked for English FA, EPL, ManU etc. They will know who the top rated scouts in Europe are and will find out who's interested in being interviewed.
Nolan partnership in Scotland are run for the benefit of Celtic.

It seems that no one at the top of Arsenal knows anything about football. Hiring an agency to get your scouts? That’s insane.

They do appear to be f*cking clueless. What can they know of scouting?
Was Nolan that ''head hunted" that weapon Stewart Regan to (mis)manage the SFA. Albeit he did a decent job as CFC / Lawwell's place-man, even if he failed at the job he was supposedly hired to do...
The amount of money wasted in football is staggering. Ultimately the ordinary fans and viewers pay for it all.

Arsenal are an absolute fucking basket case. They don't know if if's New York, New Year or Newsnight

Got rid of Francis Cagigao, former head of international recruitment, last September. He was the guy who brought in Lauren, Fabregas, Reyes, Cazorla, Monreal, Martinez, Xhaka, Alexis Sanchez, Vela, Bellerin, Van Persie, Martinelli and Saliba alongside a bunch of others. They also got rid of all their senior scouts in Germany, Spain, Italy, France and the UK at the same time.

Why?

Edu (another player he scouted and signed but now the technical director) decided that he didn't want a scout in charge of each continent, a scout in charge of each country, and scouts in each division in that country etc.

You know, a scouting network.

He wanted everything to be done in London with a transfer committee, "streamlining" their recruitment process by just getting a bunch of scouts and agents from Europe in a room and free-balling signings and departures.

Which in reality meant they signed any dross that "Super-agent" Kia Joorabchian said they should sign.

Now they're trying to rebuild the World Class scouting network they had. From scratch. Because they don't have a fucking clue what they are doing.

They do appear to be f*cking clueless. What can they know of scouting?
Was Nolan that ''head hunted" that weapon Stewart Regan to (mis)manage the SFA. Albeit he did a decent job as CFC / Lawwell's place-man, even if he failed at the job he was supposedly hired to do...
The amount of money wasted in football is staggering. Ultimately the ordinary fans and viewers pay for it all.

Its seems the majority of fans arent able to make the connection between the massive amount of money being syphoned out of football and the amount they pay to watch it.

I dont want to name names amongst our own personnel but it seems some bears cant throw enough money at them.

You cant fill a bath if the plug's out.

This is totally bizarre.
i can remember reading an article in 442 about 8/10 years ago about Arsenal’s scouting network, claiming it was among the best in the word. How do you go from employing 50/60/70 scouts across the globe, attracting the best young talent about to the shambles just now?
I know a lot of the youngsters they signed didn’t work out but most of them looked like prospects and they made a bit of money on the ones that didn’t work out.

This is totally bizarre.
i can remember reading an article in 442 about 8/10 years ago about Arsenal’s scouting network, claiming it was among the best in the word. How do you go from employing 50/60/70 scouts across the globe, attracting the best young talent about to the shambles just now?
I know a lot of the youngsters they signed didn’t work out but most of them looked like prospects and they made a bit of money on the ones that didn’t work out.
They furloughed all sorts too didn’t they ?

Its seems the majority of fans arent able to make the connection between the massive amount of money being syphoned out of football and the amount they pay to watch it.

I dont want to name names amongst our own personnel but it seems some bears cant throw enough money at them.

You cant fill a bath if the plug's out.

It's fair to say we've been fairly wasteful as a club since Murray took the reigns to the time DK and the 3 bears wrested control from the spivs. No one was complaining too much during the Sir Flim-flam tenure, as the trophies poured in. Less said about the Spiv tenure the better.

Thankfully, I think our current set up is the most professional and well organized it's been in my lifetime. We're now seeing the results in all aspects of the club, most importantly on the park.
You're not getting it right with every player signed, but the wasted millions are disappearing thanks to our excellent football management team, inc DoF and scouting network.
Hopefully we're laying the foundations for a period of real dominance. The Rangers fans that have poured their hard earned into the coffers deserve that, and in my opinion, we finally have a club that's not taking that financial support for granted.

Arsenal are an absolute fucking basket case. They don't know if if's New York, New Year or Newsnight

Got rid of Francis Cagigao, former head of international recruitment, last September. He was the guy who brought in Lauren, Fabregas, Reyes, Cazorla, Monreal, Martinez, Xhaka, Alexis Sanchez, Vela, Bellerin, Van Persie, Martinelli and Saliba alongside a bunch of others. They also got rid of all their senior scouts in Germany, Spain, Italy, France and the UK at the same time.

Why?

Edu (another player he scouted and signed but now the technical director) decided that he didn't want a scout in charge of each continent, a scout in charge of each country, and scouts in each division in that country etc.

You know, a scouting network.

He wanted everything to be done in London with a transfer committee, "streamlining" their recruitment process by just getting a bunch of scouts and agents from Europe in a room and free-balling signings and departures.

Which in reality meant they signed any dross that "Super-agent" Kia Joorabchian said they should sign.

Now they're trying to rebuild the World Class scouting network they had. From scratch. Because they don't have a fucking clue what they are doing.
All overseen by an owner who is not interested in the club. Arsenal are just another club to add to his list. From wiki,
He is the owner of Kroenke Sports & Entertainment, which is the holding company of English Association football clubs Arsenal F.C. and Arsenal W.F.C., the Los Angeles Rams of the NFL, Denver Nuggets of the NBA, Colorado Avalanche of the NHL, Colorado Rapids of Major League Soccer, Colorado Mammoth of the National Lacrosse League, the Los Angeles Gladiators of the Overwatch League.

Arsenal will not compete for trophies while he is owner.

Back