Arsenal Signing Targets

Today's Scottish Gossip column on BBC had a bit with Lennon saying he isn't worried about Tierney failing a medical, so I clicked on the link.....

Lennon said Tierney still feels pain when he runs, but (in his expert opinion) doesn't think that should effect a medical.

“It is one of these sort of ongoing conditions that causes discomfort and he was in a lot of discomfort towards the end of last season, to the point where he was struggling to get out of bed."

“It’s a question of trying to let that settle. He is back out on the grass now, which is a good sign.

“I’d like to think in the next two or three weeks he will be maybe not playing, but back into full training anyway.”

I hope he stays. Lennon is saying best case scenario for them is that he might resume full training a week after the season has already started, which would still leave him a few weeks away from actually playing a game. There also appears to be a very high chance that the injury will continue to return and cause him further problems.

.....and who's shelling out £25m for that?

Will Rentbhoy pass a proper medical?

He’s never worth £25m but it shows you how they manipulate the mhedia across the UK

Talksport saying £40-£50m is realistic

What a lot of shite that is

Hope he fails a medical

Last edited:
I read the tramps turned the 25m down because of the deal structure,i believe the deal was 20k a week on hygiene products over 25 years , but no one at the club knew how to use them.

So let me get this straight - The Scottish press have said Arsenal have had two bids knocked back by Celtic and most on this thread don’t believe that has happened?

Surely to %^*& if that was the actual case then Arsenal would have something to say about that? Am I being extremely naive?

It is a bit hard to believe BUT it is even harder to believe that Arsenal with a budget widely reported of £40-50m and with some talk of their selling star striker Aubemeyang to raise funds would spend 25M or even 15 on an injured LB.

Yep sell a striker who is almost on fire for a LB who is good in a diddy league. Anyway I guess Arsenal don't get a daily delivery of the Scottish papers so probably barely know about this nonsense.

When you watch Arsenal TV it tells you everything you need to know, absolute mugs.

The Tierney signing has been in the English papers, as well as Sky Sports News regularly.

Not trying in any way to be a smart ass MU but are you referring to Scottish editions of English papers? I have been abroad much of the last few weeks buying The Times or Telegraph and reading The Guardian online and there has been little about him..

It was in the English Sun, Mail and Express a couple of weeks ago mate.

Not sure about this week tbh.

This thread is crazy Celtic are losing one of there best players who gives a %^*& if Arsenal spunk money on him.

Because if those figures are true (which they aren’t) Celtic could buy 5 players twice as good for the same money.

Arsenal are a club I'm convinced I could sell magic beans to.

Considering some of their transfers in the last decade, many European clubs must think along the same lines.

Because if those figures are true (which they aren’t) Celtic could buy 5 players twice as good for the same money.
5 players?Don’t think it’s easy as that mate.
Fact is him and McGregor are St pats best players if they leave it’s a result.

5 players?Don’t think it’s easy as that mate.
Fact is him and McGregor are St pats best players if they leave it’s a result.

If they get this supposed £25m, that’s 5 x £5m players. If you’re smart, £5m will get you a player far better than Tierney.

Who were the signing targets incidentally?

Im afraid it seems folk are clutching at straws on this one. Arsenal's own go to journalist is David Ornstein of the BBC, and he confirmed the bids & Arsenal's belief that a deal can still be done.

It seems Arsenal are targeting a left back, central defender, a winger and a Ramsey replacement with their budget. First choice in those areas seem to be Tierney, Saliba, Zaha & a loan deal for Ceballos of Real Madrid. They seem to be targeting young players in the main who can grow and Imorove with them.

Now that sounds difficult to do with a £50M budget but it's not as straight forward as adding all transfer fees up and that's their budget. They are trying to haggle to pay in installments, add ons etc. Plus I'm not sure their budget is only £50M, its an advantage for people to think they have a limited budget in negotiations, plus they will try to generate money from sales. Zaha is looking to prove too expensive so they are heavily linked with the Brazilian winger who started for them in the Copa America Everton Soares.

The frustration with the Arsenal fans is not who they are targeting, but the fact that they can't seem to get any over the line yet. They have seen Spurs come in and try and outbid them for Saliba at the last minute, haggling over the payment structure for Tierney, their Zaha bid laughed out, and their captain refuse to go on tour. They are targeting the owners with a campaign called We Care Do You, and the owners son responded yesterday with an open letter and interview sayingthey are confident deals will be finalised over the next couple of weeks.

Well if they spend half their budget on KT they’re even more f@cked than I thought! A recently great club gradually slipping into total mediocrity!

Back