Arsenal to Sign FM Wonderkid Martin Odegaard On Loan

Sebo23

Famous Football Manager wonderkid joining Arsenal on short term loan deal from Real Madrid to end of season it seems to help with their creativity issues.

Done well at Sociedad & in Holland in previous loan spells, but 1 of these talents that just can't get a chance under Zidane.

Be interesting to see how he does in the EPL. He's been hyped from a very young age, but perhaps Real wasn't the best choice career wise so far.

Last edited:
Read that earlier, mental to think he’s still only just turned 22 a few weeks ago.

He’s one of these wonder kids that I think has actually done pretty well, considering how young he is & he excelled in a good Sociedad team.

Straight into the Fantasy he goes.

I think he will do really well at Arsenal actually. Was one of the best in La Liga last season.

Last edited:
I'd say on this occasion he's a legitimate wonderkid who could become world class. He was superb at Sociedad last season, shame we didn't get to see him and Silva together this season

Btw how lucky are Norway to have him and Haaland? Two players who could genuinely go on to be the best in the world in their position.

Famous Football Manager wonderkid joining Arsenal on short term loan deal from Real Madrid to end of season it seems to help with their creativity issues.

Done well at Sociedad & in Holland in previous loan spells, but 1 of these talents that just can't get a chance under Zidane.

Be interesting to see how he does in the EPL. He's been hyped from a very young age, but perhaps Real wasn't the best choice career wise so far.
When someone is described as an FM wonderkid in the context of real football it usually means they’ve went on to achieve nothing, this boy still has potential.

What was the Scottish "wonderkid" that was at Madrid year ago? Went to Leeds and fell off the face of the earth
Didn't they sign him when he was about 14? Seems like he has been about forever.

The Norwegian Freddy Adu! (31 if you are wondering)

What was the Scottish "wonderkid" that was at Madrid year ago? Went to Leeds and fell off the face of the earth

Jack Harper, went to Brighton.

Signed for Getafe from Malaga I think, then loaned out to Segunda. Started as a striker but I think he plays more as a midfielder now, must be 26ish now.

A true portrayal of how mental Scotland fans are, folk wanted him in the senior team based on Madrid youth team games.

@Valladolid_Loyal is he likely to stay in Segunda, doesn’t seem promising so far?.

Who is currently playing in the Swedish 1st division (3rd tier).

If I remember rightly the manager of Österlen FF sent him a message through instagram to see if he wanted to play for them and he replied why not!

Jack Harper being labelled a "wonderkid" by the media was ridiculous. By all accounts, he was fairly average in the Real youth ranks and wasn't really expected to do anything there.

Who is currently playing in the Swedish 1st division (3rd tier).

If I remember rightly the manager of Österlen FF sent him a message through instagram to see if he wanted to play for them and he replied why not!
Reminds me of Keita Balde failing to attend an international squad because the manager emailed his ‘squad inclusion’ to his old email.

Jack Harper being labelled a "wonderkid" by the media was ridiculous. By all accounts, he was fairly average in the Real youth ranks and wasn't really expected to do anything there.
Were the youth CL games on Eurosport?.

I watched one of his games & he looked pretty good, so I’m not surprised at the usual sensationalist overhyping.

Tbf, a Scottish kid playing for Real Madrid is always going to get hype

That's true, and it made a good story. More just annoying how "wonderkid" has been bastardized to the point it's become a synonym for "young player".

Mbappe - wonderkid
Haaland - wonderkid
Wee Colombian guy in Finland who we're linked with - not a wonderkid

That's true, and it made a good story. More just annoying how "wonderkid" has been bastardized to the point it's become a synonym for "young player".

Mbappe - wonderkid
Haaland - wonderkid
Wee Colombian guy in Finland who we're linked with - not a wonderkid

We had it with John - the next Wayne Rooney - Fleck.

I think the press like to use wonder kid for any youngster playing in a top 5 league.

Was voted player of the season in the Portuguese 2nd tier and doing very well at the moment in the top tier. Wouldn’t mind us making a move for him.
Think he’s reshaped his game to more of a deep lying playmaker or an 8 now as opposed to an energetic 10.

Could be wrong, his goal scoring record suggests he’s still getting forward :))

When someone is described as an FM wonderkid in the context of real football it usually means they’ve went on to achieve nothing, this boy still has potential.

Yeah, was more in case people hadn't been following him recently but remembered the hype about him a few years back.

Arsenals transfer policy is fucking mental. Looks like another soft player - just what they need.

Have you watched Arsenal over the past few months? Their creativity has been shocking, apart from a couple of young players the past few games.

Thought he was starting to get the games at Real Madrid surprised he's been allowed out on a loan deal

Read that earlier, mental to think he’s still only just turned 22 a few weeks ago.

He’s one of these wonder kids that I think has actually done pretty well, considering how young he is & he excelled in a good Sociedad team.

He is 'only' 22. If he was such a promising fooballer he should have made more of an impact by now, think of the impact other top players like Messi and Ronaldo had made by the time they were 22.

Someone who is 22 isn't a wonderkid anymore, maybe wonderadult might be more appropriate?

He is 'only' 22. If he was such a promising fooballer he should have made more of an impact by now, think of the impact other top players like Messi and Ronaldo had made by the time they were 22.

Someone who is 22 isn't a wonderkid anymore, maybe wonderadult might be more appropriate?
That is a daft post, he was Sociedad’s best player last season as they came 6th in La Liga which I’d say is a fairly decent impact.

Using Ronaldo & Messi as a barometer is totally nonsensical, the OP didn’t even call him a wonder kid.

He referred to him being an FM wonder if when he was younger, even then a player is still ‘young’ in my book so long as he can win YPOTY.

Which they can until they are 24 (I think).

Odegaard still has great potential & has certainly improved year after year, so the fact he has just turned 22 is quite valid

Performed exceptional in the Netherlands, the Spanish league & I’m confident he will do well in the EPL.

You are being pretty harsh mate.

He is 'only' 22. If he was such a promising fooballer he should have made more of an impact by now,
He was one of the best midfielders in the league last season. Just an unfortunate combination of not really fitting into Zidane’s plans and also Kroos and Modric still being world class.

think of the impact other top players like Messi and Ronaldo had made by the time they were 22.
Messi and Ronaldo are two of the best to ever play the game so it’s ridiculous to compare Ødegaard’s impact to theirs. Last season’s Premier League golden boot winner was playing non league football at the age of 25 which is a prime example of players developing at different times.

They've also signed former Rangers target Mathew Ryan on loan, decent signing as a backup keeper.

That's a good signing for them. The Icelandic boy they signed in the summer looks hopeless.

In terms of Odegaard he's just what they need at moment. Funnily enough for all the talk of their defensive issues it's creating changes they've struggled with. Would imagine Odegaard and Smith Rowe will compete for the central attacking midfield role.

Time you went back to school my lad, stick in and learn then you'll get a real job at the end of it.

Not fantasy, REAL.

The mentally challengeds with typewriters in the Scottish mhedia thought Odegaard would go to Ra Sellik because Ronnie Doolally was there.

Back