Arsenal withdraw interest in Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was reported that it was about £15m upfront then more in clauses. Some quite unlikely for Arsenal such as CL qualification and winning the league. That brought it up to £25m.
There was definitely a "£15m bid" before that mate.

Arsenal have decided against making a further move for Kieran Tierney after having a third bid rejected.

The 22-year-old full back is the subject of numerous bids from Arsenal but the English Premier League club have decided they won't be making any more.

The Celtic defender is understood to be interested in a move but is unwilling to push for an exit from his boyhood heroes.

And Arsenal have decided they need to walk away from the deal and look elsewhere.

Celtic wanted the vast majority of the £25m up front but Arsenal wanted to stagger payments.

The Hoops felt that many of the clauses were unrealistic and they feel they don't need to sell the players so were unwilling to budge on the move.

Tierney has struggled with a debilitating osteitis pubis problem while he's also had to deal with a double hernia operation.

Napoli have also been monitoring Tierney's situation and could be set to test the waters for a bid.

Good old propaganda talk there but the reality is the boy is a crock and a walking sicknote.

Someone posted before the shedload amount of games that rhatboy missed last season. I reckon Arsenal were initially interested due to the farcical hype of this idiot up here, but once they did their homework on his long term injuries they said no thanks.

It's really not a surprise given the well publicised medical conditions.
How could a club risk paying such a large fee up front in these circumstances without it being highly conditional and subject to staged payments.
They will now have to contend with both an injured and potentially unsettled player on their hands as well as the loss of the transfer fee.
Could get interesting if they fail to qualify for the CL group stages.

Arsenal have decided against making a further move for Kieran Tierney after having a third bid rejected.

The 22-year-old full back is the subject of numerous bids from Arsenal but the English Premier League club have decided they won't be making any more.

The Celtic defender is understood to be interested in a move but is unwilling to push for an exit from his boyhood heroes.

And Arsenal have decided they need to walk away from the deal and look elsewhere.

Celtic wanted the vast majority of the £25m up front but Arsenal wanted to stagger payments.

The Hoops felt that many of the clauses were unrealistic and they feel they don't need to sell the players so were unwilling to budge on the move.

Tierney has struggled with a debilitating osteitis pubis problem while he's also had to deal with a double hernia operation.

Napoli have also been monitoring Tierney's situation and could be set to test the waters for a bid.

Two large pizzas and three bowls of spaghetti up front. Two orders of tiramisu and a bottle of Spumante after fifty appearances. If the fifty appearances come within the first two full seasons.

Was that the bid that they never actually submitted that they have new withdrawn? Maybe he underwent a medical and failed it and they’ll come back in offering a packet of juicy fruit and two ginger bottles

It's really not a surprise given the well publicised medical conditions.
How could a club risk paying such a large fee up front in these circumstances without it being highly conditional and subject to staged payments.
They will now have to contend with both an injured and potentially unsettled player on their hands as well as the loss of the transfer fee.
Could get interesting if they fail to qualify for the CL group stages.
Never was a snowball's chance in Hell that they would get insurance for him. He will need to go a full year of non-recurrance on both hip and hernia for anyone to touch him. Even then it's dembele dollar time again.

"Celtic wanted the vast majority of the £25m up front but Arsenal wanted to stagger payments.

The Hoops felt that many of the clauses were unrealistic and they feel they don't need to sell the players so were unwilling to budge on the move"

Translates as Celtic know he is fucked injury wise, would get found out down south and quite simply they would receive buttons for him when he fails against better opposition. Celtic basically trying to be fly here and cover their arses for when chocolate hips crashes and burns in a couple years time.

The biggest pile of bullshit since Blacky Gray knocked back a move to Real Flanolida. Fuckin scandalous propaganda bullshit.

The field is clear for Sporting Napolioni to bid €50m to pluck the brave cripple from the deprived slums of Glasgow's east end.

Last edited:
Funny. When I started a thread last week pointing out that ESPN in US were highlighting Arsenal targets and he wasn't one of them, a few on here starting barking about being in denial and Arsenal friendly journos were backing that they'd made huge bids for him. Seemed like the whole situation was being exaggerated by Sottish media.

He's obviously recovering from major surgery. He obviously wouldn't pass a medical at this point. The need for the Scottish media and tims to promote him beyond his real value is blatant.

He's never worth 25m and him playing the same position as Andy Robertson doesn't make that true.

Most people on here (myself included) think he will struggle to pass a medical anyway although only Celtic and their medical team know the extent of his issues.

I can’t help but feel that Celtic would have rejected any bids at this stage regardless of the amount because that would preserve the value of the player their PR team have worked on fabricating in recent years ( at least until his injury issues are probably resolved). Accepting a bid at £25m up front only for him to fail a medical will see his value plummet and scare any other party off.

There was definitely a "£15m bid" before that mate.

Really ? Confirmed by Arsenal ?

I don’t believe a single word of the whole story there’s no way the mentally challengeds have knocked back £15 million for a crock nor is there any way Anyone has bid for a player who’s incapable of passing a medical at the moment and has only played a handful of games since Xmas and is still injured!

Lies lies and more lies all manufactured to keep the big story off the front page

This can’t be true.

I read only today that Arsenal were putting in a third increased offer for the £ trillion wonderbhoy

Pacific Shelvers must be the stupidest cretins ever :D

Wow I am shocked.

Same pish as last summer but it was Everton who wanted him for £25m only for it to never happen.

Well would you look at that. Shout out to the thousands of twitter bears that predict this from the off.

It will get spun, but I think the logical truth is. The guy spent the latter part of the season injured. Can't get into the national side and is behind in most of the stats in the league to a certain captain of a certain glorious football team. Whilst a very good player, obviously Arsenal will want some reassurances. Would you play 25m for someone who might not make it through 25 games in the EPL? Nah me neither.

d9PRRbQ.gif

Funny. When I started a thread last week pointing out that ESPN in US were highlighting Arsenal targets and he wasn't one of them, a few on here starting barking about being in denial and Arsenal friendly journos were backing that they'd made huge bids for him. Seemed like the whole situation was being exaggerated by Sottish media.

He's obviously recovering from major surgery. He obviously wouldn't pass a medical at this point. The need for the Scottish media and tims to promote him beyond his real value is blatant.

He's never worth 25m and him playing the same position as Andy Robertson doesn't make that true.

Like I said last week, Ornstein is Arsenal's mouth peice in the press basically. If he says something, it's nearly always factual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back