Arsenal withdraw interest in Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

follow him too and he’s been good. Still not convinced 100% but he has been pretty sure this is a done deal.
Hopefully he is wrong. Don’t want the mentally challengeds getting that kind of moulah. Would make our task of overhauling them far, far harder if they spent even half of it wisely. Let’s face it, at the moment, Kierney is a liability, not an asset and contributes nothing.

Surely the obvious flaw in that argument is that if it’s going to take 3-6 months before he’s playing again why would Arsenal not just sit tight until the January window or the Summer 2020 window to see if he can prove his fitness? Why pay money now for a guy who can’t help their team until, potentially, next year anyway?

Possibly because they don't yet realise the full extent of his injury. They might be taking Lennon / Tierney's agent at face value before conducting their own thorough medical.

Be interesting to see if they try and punt McGregor or Forrest now as no one is going to pay the stupid fees they need for Tierney or Ntcham.

The English window shuts before the CL qualifiers are over and if they fail to qualify they run the risk of running at big loss without player sales this season which will mean no £2.7m bonus for Lawwell which he won’t let happen.

I suspect while the hordes are distracted about our issues with sports direct they might try and punt a few key players in the next two weeks.
Sadly they get a fairly easy route to the groups. We can only hope for an AEK scenario.

Hopefully he is wrong. Don’t want the mentally challengeds getting that kind of moulah. Would make our task of overhauling them far, far harder if they spent even half of it wisely. Let’s face it, at the moment, Kierney is a liability, not an asset and contributes nothing.
I agree with you mate. He's not a player that I'm scared of creating something against us and he's not a player I think guarantees them a clean sheet so I'm more than content to see him on the team sheet. Added bonus that they'll likely have to waste a sub on him after an hour too.

I agree with you mate. He's not a player that I'm scared of creating something against us and he's not a player I think guarantees them a clean sheet so I'm more than content to see him on the team sheet. Added bonus that they'll likely have to waste a sub on him after an hour too.
Precisely. Even given the poets penchant for bumming (see what I did there) players up, he must be the most overrated player in the history of time.

This. He's a good player (not Brilliant) who adds to their side. I hope they don't sell him, he has long term injuries and his value plummets.

Do we know if he’s good, genuinely?

A few performances against some of the poorest Rangers teams ever put out in the top league aside, he’s either not played or not turned up against us at any point last year.

As well as that, never stood out for Scotland and regularly thrown about like an empty jacket in European competition.

Sadly they get a fairly easy route to the groups. We can only hope for an AEK scenario.

They've got the winner of Macabi Tel Aviv or Cluj in the next round.

Cluj aren't a bad side, they'll certainly give that lot a hard game. They've already put Astana out in the last round.

Getting passed them will see the likes of Slavia Prague, APOEL Nicosia, Young Boys or BATE Borisov await them in the final QR. Again, a knife edge tie.

While this is true with the English window closing before the qualifiers are finished they have to make a decision to sell before they find out if they qualify or not.

Even if they get a winnable tie Lawwell will play it safe and sell a key player just to be on the safe side. That’s why they were desperate to get Tierney out the door he was the insurance policy.

Lawwell won’t risk his £2.5 million bonus.

They've got the winner of Macabi Tel Aviv or Cluj in the next round.

Cluj aren't a bad side, they'll certainly give that lot a hard game.

Getting passed them will see the likes of Slavia Prague, APOEL Nicosia, Young Boys or BATE Borisov await them in the final QR. Again, a knife edge tie.
I want them out ASAP but I am not so convinced that many of them are that strong. A trip to Israel would be nice, to see them being handed a new one off the field but I would imagine they’d get through.

Being spanked by Young Boys would probably be the dream. Theirs too presumably.

While this is true with the English window closing before the qualifiers are finished they have to make a decision to sell before they find out if they qualify or not.

Even if they get a winnable tie Lawwell will play it safe and sell a key player just to be on the safe side. That’s why they were desperate to get Tierney out the door he was the insurance policy.

Lawwell won’t risk his £2.5 million bonus.
We can only hope it all backfires and they get pumped out and struggle to sell key players at reduced fees.

I want them out ASAP but I am not so convinced that many of them are that strong. A trip to Israel would be nice, to see them being handed a new one off the field but I would imagine they’d get through.

Being spanked by Young Boys would probably be the dream. Theirs too presumably.

If they play the way they normally do away from home in Europe against the teams I mentioned, they'll go out.

The last game against Sarajevo they eventually recovered after falling behind (and could have been further behind before doing so). They wouldn't manage that against a higher calibre of opponent.

If they play the way they normally do away from home in Europe against the teams I mentioned, they'll go out.

The last game against Sarajevo they eventually recovered after falling behind (and could have been further behind before doing so). They wouldn't manage that against a higher calibre of opponent.
I hope you’re right.

If there was any serious interest to begin with it was probably structured in such a way that they were never going to receive anything like the figures quoted by fat Peter's media puppets but it made a good headline.

Transfer deals are never as they seem where this club are concerned.

Just seen TLB live on SkySports talking about this and he was surprisingly diplomatic saying something to the effect of 'The club are in a good financial position. Celtic had a valuation of The Pelvis and it wasn't met. Many deals have fallen through because a valuation wasn't met'. A Journo asked him if he thought the bid was disrespectful and he denied that outright.

I think he is trying to keep Arsenal sweet for another deal as they'll be desperate to get cash in for any pending lawsuits and were maybe bluffing a bit. I also thought TLB had a boozey 'puffy' look about him, so hopefully his descent into madness will start early.

Tierney is now set to concentrate to fight for his place as Scotland's second best left back. With Lee Wallace at QPR and hopefully getting fit - Tierney might have a tough time getting on the bench :p
This could be the cue for McGregor to a Championship team for at least 25 Million "Daily Record" pounds (Scotland's new currency - which seems to devalue on a weekly basis during transfer window periods)

A few performances against some of the poorest Rangers teams ever put out in the top league aside, he’s either not played or not turned up against us at any point last year.

As well as that, never stood out for Scotland and regularly thrown about like an empty jacket in European competition.
Good points. I do think he's good at spfl level. Clearly, Arsenal think the same - hence why they won't pay 25 million.

It's funny but a bit of perspective though. This could go 2 ways
Ideal they mutents have a unhappy stroppy left back who down tools

Or they could have a fit again playing out his skin for more suiters to try and get money for plus they will want say 30m for spotty choco hips. Remember to EPL clubs 30m is like 5m unless your arsenal that is

So the "market" now know that celtic want 25M+ for their prized asset and will not consider staggered payments based on his medical history and current condition.

KT's here for 55!

Agree with your summary ICA ;)

Good news if true.

I actually think he is a decent player, however as we know there’s also serious question marks over his long term fitness. I’d rather they kept a player that hardly played and never got £25million to buy guys who might actually be fit and decent.

Good news if true.

I actually think he is a decent player, however as we know there’s also serious question marks over his long term fitness. I’d rather they kept a player that hardly played and never got £25million to buy guys who might actually be fit and decent.

They’ll probably have to sell a fit player now to balance the books :D

It's funny but a bit of perspective though. This could go 2 ways
Ideal they mutents have a unhappy stroppy left back who down tools

Or they could have a fit again playing out his skin for more suiters to try and get money for plus they will want say 30m for spotty choco hips. Remember to EPL clubs 30m is like 5m unless your arsenal that is
I think Tierney biggest concern would be gaining full fitness.I never understood the figures that were going around for a player that has just had a double hernia op and reportedly an on going issue with his pubis bone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back