Arveladze - New Hull Boss

A very good player for , played a different role, from memory at his other clubs he played in the box a lot more.
All the best in your new job Shota.

Random but anyone ever recall Arveladze doing a back heel at the touchline at Ibrox and managed to somehow flick the ball over someone’s head, while the ball was firmly on the deck :))
Right infront of the west enclosure. We scored from it

Potential for Pieter Huistra to come in as assistant. Some ex-Rangers players doing well in management just now. Some, not so much.

Expect a Hull v Rangers preseason friendly.

One for Wilson to keep an eye on for the future no doubt.

Had a bit of a mixed bag in managerial terms so far. A few stints with Turkish sides, a stint in Israel before doing well in Uzbekistan. Worth keeping an eye on for future developments. Quite a big leap going from that to the Championship but I hope he smashes it. Always liked Shota as a player.

Greg Docherty will be buzzing.

On the earlier thread, someone asked about his back heel skill. It was against Livi on first day of season, outrageous skill which Prso eventually scored from. 4-0 win I think

Hull just had a great win at Bournemouth, strange timing that
Yeah, back to back wins over high flying Blackburn and Bournemouth and 10 points clear of the relegation zone after a very slow start to the season. Seem to be really finding their feet now, so strange timing indeed.

Hull just had a great win at Bournemouth, strange timing that
Yeah, back to back wins over high flying Blackburn and Bournemouth and 10 points clear of the relegation zone after a very slow start to the season. Seem to be really finding their feet now, so strange timing indeed.
Alternatively, a good time to bring a new manager in when it seems they are pretty much safe from going down so little pressure?

wps10016105.jpg
%^*&! There’s 2 of them! Courtesy of The Glasgow Empire when Mike and Bernie Winters came on.

• Haha
Reactions: TQ3
Potential for Pieter Huistra to come in as assistant. Some ex-Rangers players doing well in management just now. Some, not so much.

Expect a Hull v Rangers preseason friendly.
Be interesting to see if Huistra follows him.Only been in charge on his own for less than a year

Isn't McCann doing a decent job? They just beat Bournemouth away from home on Saturday and recently beat Blackburn also.

Alternatively, a good time to bring a new manager in when it seems they are pretty much safe from going down so little pressure?
Can see your point, but not for me. Still around 20 games to go, so too early to say they're safe. Had a very slow start to the season, but they seem to have found their feet and are on the up. Not sure I'd jeopardise that by changing manager at this stage. Fair enough at the end of the season, if they want to move in a different direction, but just think it's an unnecessary risk right now. Who knows what's going on in the background tho.

He actually looks like a decent manager who has some recent success with the Uzbekistan club that he was with.

Wish him all the luck. Lot of time for Shota and I don't mind Hull as a club. Hope they do well.
Wouldn't want to overstate this but if your with football fans in Hull they will almost to a man prefer us to the scvm.

Back