As big as a week as I can remember!

El Toro

Been a season ticket holder since the glorious season of 92/93 and I dont know if its because I'm in the moment just now but from Wednesday to the next Thursday this is the biggest week I can remember.
Excited but so nervous! Also first time I get to take my two boys to a cup final. Buzzin. Let's go!

It's often overstated but I do think the next week and a bit is crucial to our season.

We could be sitting here next Friday morning in the last 32 of the Europa, winners of the league Cup, and joint top of the table.

On the flip side a major dent could be put in our season. As always one game at a time and a massive win at Pittodrie will set us up for the cup final

It is massive. Probably our biggest week since the closing weeks of the 2007/2008 season.

We need to start it with a win in the first game. Believe it or not, that is actually the most important.

If things don't go according to plan in the others, then we have 100% focus on the league for the rest of the season. We must keep the league as the number one priority.

Was just saying this to my Dad this morning.

Not sure its completely make or break but win the next 3 games and confidence should go through the roof. Drop points then lose the final and confidence could take a bit of a beating.

Its huge, very exciting but also gives you the fear, we have to get 3 points tomorrow first and foremost

We are 11 games unbeaten just now and i firmly believe if we can win these next 2 we can go on to win the remaining 5 games this year which would lead to one of the best runs we have ever had.

I have been dreaming about beating them in a final for ages !

Last edited:
Massive, massive week.

Filled with nerves.

Wednesday and Sunday, especially.

We really need to stop the rot.

Let’s remember where we’ve come from. Three losses won’t end our journey any more that three wins would complete it.

Obviously three successes would be a massive boost and it could take time to sober up after that.

Its huge, very exciting but also gives you the fear, we have to get 3 points tomorrow first and foremost

We are 11 games unbeaten just now and i firmly believe if we can win these next 2 we can go on to win the remaining 5 games this year which would lead to one of the best runs we have ever had.

I have been dreaming about beating them in a final for ages !

Likewise.

Actually got goosebumps thinking about it now.

On the flipside I can barely contemplate dropping points against the northern scum and losing the final to the mentally challengeds.

I lost the heed with the mrs n daughter this Morning

Mrs texted an hour ago asking if i was alright as i seemed on edge this morning......

Woke up 4am thinking about tomorrows game and how important it is to get 3 points going into Sunday & slowly wound myself up......

Nervous and if im honest a bit emotional at whats at stake. I'll celebrate every goal we score like it's the last we'll score during the next 3 games.

The Rangers Roller-coaster is in town.

Likewise.

Actually got goosebumps thinking about it now.

On the flipside I can barely contemplate dropping points against the northern scum and losing the final to the mentally challengeds.
I know mate its either going to be complete euphoria or complete heartbreak but thats what football is about and you have to be in the final to have a chance of euphoria

We should be winning tomorrows game comfortably but it doesn't matter how poor Aberdeen are its never easy up there for us.

Bring it on! This is the stuff we live for. I just hope the players have the same excitement and determination as those they represent!

We are the people, and weeks like this is why!
No Surrender Rangers.

Que the Mr Struth speech

I lost the heed with the mrs n daughter this Morning

Mrs texted an hour ago asking if i was alright as i seemed on edge this morning......

Woke up 4am thinking about tomorrows game and how important it is to get 3 points going into Sunday & slowly wound myself up......

Nervous and if im honest a bit emotional at whats at stake. I'll celebrate every goal we score like it's the last we'll score during the next 3 games.

The Rangers Roller-coaster is in town.
Don’t blame yourself mate, blame your birthright. It’s a glorious thing to be a Bear.

These are the games you have to win of you want to achieve anything, it is as simple as that.

It’s going to be a massive test of character for our team.. There’s no denying their ability but the majority of them will not have faced the kinda pressure they’re going to feel this week.
Our gaffer has,so I’m confident he will make sure the players can handle it.

Yes it is and if anything it will show us if this team has the bottle to final come through what are 3 pressure matches.
Tomorrow night we’ll see an Aberdeen team playing like their lives depended on it, we have to be ready for that first and foremost.

I know mate its either going to be complete euphoria or complete heartbreak but thats what football is about and you have to be in the final to have a chance of euphoria

We should be winning tomorrows game comfortably but it doesn't matter how poor Aberdeen are its never easy up there for us.

Im a total pessimist when playing that mob, I duno if its an built in coping mechanism to expect the worst and then Im not as gutted if we do lose, especially over the last few years...thats what I tell myself anyway but it doesnt work haha.

Always tough up there, I cant really begin to properly think about sunday until we get this game out the way first.

I know all 3 games are vital for our season but tomorrow in massive in terms of the league obviously but also it will make sunday even more diffiuclt/desperate if we drop points.

2 wins in next 2 games and I would bite your hand off, even if it meant going out against YB.

Win tomorrow first and foremost, as we know this is their cup final, they’d rather beat us than win anything.
Sunday, no one knows what’ll happen. We need to turn up this time though, it’s really a watershed moment for us, beat them & we could see them capitulate while it’s the culmination of almost 8 years of anguish and hard work for for us, lose and they’ll strut about as if they own us again.
then next week, hate games when you only really need a draw. But for the fact they’re the only side to beat us this year in Europe I want us to avenge that travesty

Does it not show that the SPFL are not being helpful to both sides of the old firm. Play tomorrow so teams will be tired or injured for a showpiece event on Sunday. If Sunday goes to extra time and penalties then again we are risking tiredness and injuries for next Thursday. They will take the plaudits when Scotland has more places in the Champ league but are not exactly helping either team.
Saying that my priorities for next three games are, Sunday then Thursday and tomorrow night is lowest. I'm glad we have a large squad as we are going to need it.

My main nerves are for the Aberdeen game just now. I think we'll be comfortable enough to win it, but sure that they will be happy if they get scudded 5-0 but injure Kent/McGregor or get Alfredo a red and suspension.

If we get through that without loosing any players, then it'll be a few days of battle fever.

Let’s remember where we’ve come from. Three losses won’t end our journey any more that three wins would complete it.

Obviously three successes would be a massive boost and it could take time to sober up after that.

Not buying that.

Accepting three losses would be embarrassing.

We are back in a position to win. We need to capitalise on that.

We should not be losing to the sheep tomorrow.

Beat the sheep, lift the league cup and qualify for the last 32 of the Europa League. Holy shit what a feeling that would be.

Drop points tomorrow, lose the final and get papped oot of Europe and all of a sudden it's the stuff of nightmares and quite rightly would result in some meltdown on here.

2 scenarios that could make or break our season. Let's fkn go! :))

Win tomorrow first and foremost, as we know this is their cup final, they’d rather beat us than win anything.
Sunday, no one knows what’ll happen. We need to turn up this time though, it’s really a watershed moment for us, beat them & we could see them capitulate while it’s the culmination of almost 8 years of anguish and hard work for for us, lose and they’ll strut about as if they own us again.
then next week, hate games when you only really need a draw. But for the fact they’re the only side to beat us this year in Europe I want us to avenge that travesty

Never more evident than the opening day last season when their keeper ran the length of the pitch to celebrate an equaliser against 10 men

Beat the sheep, lift the league cup and qualify for the last 32 of the Europa League. Holy shit what a feeling that would be.

Drop points tomorrow, lose the final and get papped oot of Europe and all of a sudden it's the stuff of nightmares and quite rightly would result in some meltdown on here.

2 scenarios that could make or break our season. Let's fkn go! :))
There is no chance of us losing all 3 of those games mate thats one thing i am confident about, i know what you mean though it would be misery beyond belief.

Win them all though and its the stuff of dreams :)

This is what it's all about being a Rangers fan. Glad the younger fans are finally getting the big games they should've been experiencing, and us slightly older fans are back to what we were used to.Biggest run of games in years and I can't wait.
Spot on mate, this is what its all about, players/management might earn bigger money playing down south or abroad but nothing compares to what we have in the next 10 days

Whilst we should be going to Pittodrie and winning, everyone should remember that there is still a long way to go in the league no matter happens up there.

Immediately ending the filths run of trophies is my priority this week, and qualification for the last 32 is absolutely crucial to the club in financial terms and also because it's another signpost in our road to a full recovery.

Yes it is and if anything it will show us if this team has the bottle to final come through what are 3 pressure matches.
Tomorrow night we’ll see an Aberdeen team playing like their lives depended on it, we have to be ready for that first and foremost.

The big concern I have is that we need to play close to peak three games in 8 days mate.

That’s very hard for players to do. In fact I think the scum game at Ibrox after such a massive game v Legia had that as a factor.

That’s my concern.

It’s fantastic to have a week in December of significant matches in 3 competitions like this - THEY all feel it as well.

Massive 8 days.One game at a time though.Tomorrow night will be very tough.They b@stards would love nothing better than putting a spanner in our works.Get outta Pittodrie with 3 points by any means necessary then we can start worrying/building up to the cup final.

Let's take care of Aberdeen first, they'll be out for revenge,but if we match them in terms of battling them, I expect us to have too much for them,I'll take a clean sheet and 2-0 will do fine any more than that is a bonus.

This is what being a Rangers fan is all about.

Cup final against that lot.

Every league game a must win.

Sitting top of a very tough Europa league group.

Let's fu.cking have it!!

Squeaky bum time indeed.

This is what it’s all about though - 3 massive games in 8 days, all likely to be nerve shredding for different reasons. Simultaneously can’t wait and also nervous as hell.

Wouldn’t change it for anything.

This is what it's all about being a Rangers fan. Glad the younger fans are finally getting the big games they should've been experiencing, and us slightly older fans are back to what we were used to.Biggest run of games in years and I can't wait.
My son in law told me last week that he has only ever saw Rangers in one final. It's quite difficult to get your head round that.

Hopefully our players mind set is not the same as the fans.We get the luxury of looking at all the scenarios that can evolve in the 3 games at the one time.The management and players must treat each game in complete isolation.We need to play our strongest team available in each game and leave nothing on the pitch to get thewin.If we come up short at Aberdeen we dust ourselves down and go again on Sunday.If we lose on Sunday We roll the sleeves up next Thursday.We can't let one result affect the next game.This is the week we find out where we are in our progress .This is where the club belongs.

Squeaky bum time indeed.

This is what it’s all about though - 3 massive games in 8 days, all likely to be nerve shredding for different reasons. Simultaneously can’t wait and also nervous as hell.

Wouldn’t change it for anything.
As SG said at the AGM, I can't wait for these games (starting with Feyenoord) If he's buzzing rest assured he will have the players ready to go.

Back