AS LIVE: 1996 Scottish Cup Final Rangers v Hearts tonight at 7pm on You Tube

AS LIVE: 1996 Scottish Cup Final Rangers v Hearts tonight at 7pm on The Rangers Archives You Tube channel

One of our best Cup Final displays, where a player who scored a hat-trick was not even man of the match

Includes post match celebrations, analysis and interviews with Walter, Godrup, Gazza, Durie and Gough.

Hope you can join us.

I'll be watching mate.

The matches are a godsend just now.

Cheers.

A really good day - I only got a ticket the night before whilst at my mate's 21st.

God was really on fire that day.

Favourite domestic non old firm game ever.

Knew ( know ) a lot of Hearts fans who were uber confident.

Saw my Dad pished which was a rarity , and him drumming it into me that it wouldn't always be like this - and that i was lucky as a kid and to take it in.

Dallas completely shat out of sending off Paul Ritchie for the most blatant last man challenge you’re likely to see on Gascoigne

Had Laudrup as first goalscorer at 8/1 that day. Paid for the night out but me and my mate were already suffering pre-game.

He was one of these guys who could actually play snooker and we were in a club on Vicky Road on the way up to Hampden & it’s the only time I ever beat him. Cool story and all that.

Last edited:
Most complete performance by any Rangers player ever. Laudrup was unplayable that day. FFS even I could have scored if I'd played instead of Duke Box.

Favourite domestic non old firm game ever.

Knew ( know ) a lot of Hearts fans who were uber confident.

Saw my Dad pished which was a rarity , and him drumming it into me that it wouldn't always be like this - and that i was lucky as a kid and to take it in.
We had a Hearts bus that used to stop in at our pub on the way through to Glasgow and sometimes onbtheir way back.
They appeared as usual on the day, we had two buses on that day so pub was rammed and a good time was had by all pre match. It was set for them to come back win lose or draw. We've never seen them since

They were decent lads too.

Laudrup was on a different level that day, it was awe inspiring watching the great man strut his stuff.

Ferguson, Gascoigne, McCall.

What a central midfield 3 that was.

Great ability and no 2nd prizes getting taken.

The opening goal is outstanding. Durie's pass to Laudrup was inch perfect. He made a similar pass to Brian against Scum FC in the semi-finals too.

Can’t wait for this. We watched semi final last weekend. So 3pm on Saturday is the 1996 Scottish Cup Final in our house.

Bunting is going up on fri night and Saturday will be an early start with flags out, tops on, tunes on and a few beers before ko.

My daughters are too young to have seen us win a cup, so I reckon they might be in for great day on Sat

Remember managing to get in the west stand with my south stand ticket so I could be with my mates.
As I got to top of the stairs I remember looking back and seeing many others getting in west stand....with no tickets thanks to climbing the walls.

Loved watching that last night, Brian Laudrup was simply unplayable. Imagine scoring a hat trick in a cup final and not getting MOTM

Back