As we head into another season - let's recall where we were five years ago

Shiver up the spine stuff.

From that to the Europa League knockouts in 5 years. I appreciate we haven't (frustratingly) won a trophy yet but if everyone takes a step back and ignores all the noise about 10IAR etc we have made remarkable progress. There will be more bumps along the road but we'll get there.

No idea who that is between Somers (ugly cant) and Llambia (sneaky cant). But guessing he's another complete cant.

That puts things into perspective really. We are a long way from our lowest point but we are not quite back to where we belong. Hopefully soon enough.

Off the park tremendous, on the park need to toughen up we can play good football that’s what makes us frustrating to watch.

Just seeing all those scum faces again made me furious! Time will never heal my hatred towards those bastards who tried to kill us off. :mad::mad::mad:

Luke12:48

‘But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked’

From that to the Europa League knockouts in 5 years. I appreciate we haven't (frustratingly) won a trophy yet but if everyone takes a step back and ignores all the noise about 10IAR etc we have made remarkable progress. There will be more bumps along the road but we'll get there.

Amen

The day we went into admin will still to this day haunt me..... as for the rest of the journey up the leagues..... let’s leave that for another day

Spine-chilling reading that

We really were regally shafted by some of the dregs of humanity back then

Tough as that reminder was - it certainly gives me more appreciation of where we've come so far & increases the determination to get back to where we've always belonged

Let's get 55 done Rangers
Let's lay to rest this corrupt, illegal & spiteful attack these tossers made on us

55 will be the greatest triumph in our trophy laden history. It is coming.

I agree.

I hope there is a DVD in the making that appropriately covers the journey back to the top. There is an epic story to be told.

Sadly I guess the true story of why we went through what we did will never be known, also how those who wormed their way into our club got control.

When I set foot in Ibrox again it will be one of the happiest days of my life.

Not fussed. Do we keep doing this on year 6, 7, 8 etc. Being where we were then eventually has to end for being where we are now

Well, you were fussed enough to call to an end to this particular topic.

It's perfectly natural to mark anniversaries - for instance the General Meeting when the good guys won. I imagine we'll be marking that day for years to come.

It's also natural when you randomly come across newspaper clippings, graphics or anecdotes to fire them up whenever you fancy.

Well, you were fussed enough to call to an end to this particular topic.

It's perfectly natural to mark anniversaries - for instance the General Meeting when the good guys won. I imagine we'll be marking that day for years to come.

It's also natural when you randomly come across newspaper clippings, graphics or anecdotes to fire them up whenever you fancy.
You or others post as you please, its called opinion. You know as well as me the "aye but mind where we were" comments come out after any defeat as well as the mentalists. It's a fair question to ask do we do this again if we suffer another barren year?

You or others post as you please, its called opinion. You know as well as me the "aye but mind where we were" comments come out after any defeat as well as the mentalists. It's a fair question to ask do we do this again if we suffer another barren year?

It’s not coming out after a defeat. It’s coming before we have kicked a ball in anger.

Any progress or regress may quite sensibly be measured against such an important period in our history.

I would argue that an improvement in play, results and standard of squad are quite sensible measures of progress - rather than a vainglorious squandering of resources trying to to Immediately win a trophy but ultimately undermining the long term financial health of the club.

It’s not coming out after a defeat. It’s coming before we have kicked a ball in anger.

Any progress or regress may quite sensibly be measured against such an important period in our history.

I would argue that an improvement in play, results and standard of squad are quite sensible measures of progress - rather than a vainglorious squandering of resources trying to to Immediately win a trophy but ultimately undermining the long term financial health of the club.
Not sure I said I wanted a spending spree or ever have, we need to be remodeling as we are and sticking with that strategy. My point remains, when do we stop? We won't agree on our stances on this one.

I loved those posters!:D

It was a long hard battle but the momentum that built up from King & the 3 bears buying the shares in very late December to the EGM in early March on social media was great to see.

It honestly felt like our club had been kidnapped for 4 years and we were finally getting it back.

Spine-chilling reading that

We really were regally shafted by some of the dregs of humanity back then

Tough as that reminder was - it certainly gives me more appreciation of where we've come so far & increases the determination to get back to where we've always belonged

Let's get 55 done Rangers
Let's lay to rest this corrupt, illegal & spiteful attack these tossers made on us

I would love to see that dirty sneaky wee mentally challenged shite Reid get his comeuppance , vile wee rheptile

Agree absolutely, if you don't remember all of your history (Good and Bad) you cannot move forward and truly enjoy the good times.

I loved those posters!:D

It was a long hard battle but the momentum that built up from King & the 3 bears buying the shares in very late December to the EGM in early March on social media was great to see.

It honestly felt like our club had been kidnapped for 4 years and we were finally getting it back.
Absolutely. Great post.

It does us no harm now and then to be reminded of what has happened.
Although as Rangers we will always demand success, I expected it to be the best part of 10 years before we would return to the summit of Scottish football.
The journey continues and I have to say I never expected to have a legend like Steven Gerrard as our manager at any point on that journey.

I can't remember these posters! These must've been when the love in stopped, the majority stopped haranguing the minority who weren't taken in and woke up to what was happening.

Not sure I said I wanted a spending spree or ever have, we need to be remodeling as we are and sticking with that strategy. My point remains, when do we stop? We won't agree on our stances on this one.

When do we stop remembering those that gave the ultimate sacrifice?
When do we stop remembering our Founders?
When do we stop remembering William Wilton and Bill Struth?
When do we stop remembering our treble teams?
When do we stop remembering our domestic trophy successes?
When do we stop remembering the 1972 ECWC success
When do we stop remembering all our players and Managers?
When do we stop remembering our 66
When do we stop remembering the Board
and fans that used their shares to get Our Club Back

The Twelfth of Never, that's when. And that's a long long time

I’m torn on it.

Do we continue to hark back to this, even thought it’s completely in the past?

Or do we accept that, in any other country, the idea that we should be winning the league even though we’re 7/8 years behind our rivals in terms of squad development and currently operating a wage bill around half of theirs is absolute insanity?

I’m absolutely one of his biggest critics on here - tactically more than anything else and I won’t apologise for that - but Gerrard has clearly improved us and I’m not sure what sacking him would achieve when we’re clearly improving.

Our club was 'shamed' back then...it still goes on now even after the spivs have been ousted. The blackening of the name of Rangers FC is an ongoing thing in Scotland, very popular with the separatists in 2020 Scotland, where does it end? Only until we remove those in power, how do we do that? Don't vote for the rancid SNP party who are messing with the minds of the general public.

Seen a thing on BBC Scotland News today, something about 'campers' leaving rubbish on Scotland's beauty spots, beer cans, garbage, scattered all over the place, a total mess left by those who camped there and guess what? Hanging from a tree among all the garbage was a Union Flag, aye, the message sent out was so obvious - taint all things Unionist, Rangers even, it was 'put' there among the scrap by those who are hated in our country, or so they set out to portray, today's news eh?
I hate these bastards who are in control my country, so fucking hate them, they are vermin, nasty sleekit rats with no shame when it comes to protecting child abusers of the catholic cult.

Don't know if I'll live long enough to see it, but the day these bastards fall will be a day for celebration.

Off the field we genuinely don't have a lot to complain about. Yes finances are still a worry and that will remain for quite some time. But the level of trust the bears have with the board regarding all off field matters is probably the best it's been in 20 years when David Murray hadn't quite f*cked us yet.

On the field is another matter. Yes they got the Caixinha appointment terribly wrong (understatement) and the wasted 6 months of Murty/McInness/Murty is still a negative but I would think they would have expected more success out of Gerrard given the backing, at least domestically anyway. In Europe, he's exceeded expectations.

We should never forget how far down we had been dragged by evil forces. To come onto this forum every day talking about on-field matters was all I could dream of in those dark days, I wondered if we would ever get there.

The dream has shifted now to dominating the game again....but it takes hard work, time and a bit of luck to go our way. We can't just expect it....we need to earn it. We are coming, we are coming.

From this
Manger.jpg

To this
9103009.jpg

That just gives me the absolute fear. In our quest for #55, it should never be forgotten what we went through. I’m hoping that when we all finally get back to Inbox there will be a new found passion to back our team to the hilt and bring the success we all so badly want.

Back