Ashley Cole the pundit

Glasgow Rangers (Sco)

Obviously not the brain of Britain......but I actually think he’s a really good pundit.

His defensive analysis is excellent and explains things in a way normal football people understand (no low block sh!te)

His wee past experiences stories are pretty interesting too

Not as polished as a Gary Neville but he’s good imo

He’s really good at punditry, very Neville, Carragher like with the detail and ability to relate to situations he’s been in.

Lampard, Rooney and a few others think he will a brilliant coach/manager soon.

Summed the crap defence tonight up perfectly.
Should be invited to training by Lampard to go through its

Unreal player, talks a lot of sense, and I have been told he is actually an exceptionally nice guy (unlike the media portratal).

Big fan.

Came through at the end of one of the best defensive setups there has been in Britain when he was at arsenal, I’d imagine that the grounding he got there set him up well.

Obviously not the brain of Britain......but I actually think he’s a really good pundit.

His defensive analysis is excellent and explains things in a way normal football people understand (no low block sh!te)

His wee past experiences stories are pretty interesting too

Not as polished as a Gary Neville but he’s good imo

He had a bit of a nob type reputation as a player but we met him in a bar on holiday once and he was a lovely guy. Very down to earth.

his punditry is coming on leaps and bounds since he first appeared on Sky, the one gripe from me today was that he said Richarlison had a tap in for his goal

One of the few players to pocket Ronaldo. I cant remember what year it was but it was England vs Portugal in either a quarter or semi-final, and he barely have him a kick. For years he was the best left-back in Europe for me.

In fairness England produce some cracking full-backs. Alexander-Arnold will be a great and Wan-Bissaka will get there once he improves his forward play.

I like Ashley Cole, ever since he left arsenal and joined a proper club so I like listening to him :D

One of the few players to pocket Ronaldo. I cant remember what year it was but it was England vs Portugal in either a quarter or semi-final, and he barely have him a kick. For years he was the best left-back in Europe for me.

In fairness England produce some cracking full-backs. Alexander-Arnold will be a great and Wan-Bissaka will get there once he improves his forward play.

It was Euro 2004 in Portugal (that Greece won). Portugal put England out on penalties.

Was cool to dislike him for a while, really showed how media propaganda can work in English Football. You could say losing him was the start of Arsenals long term downfall.

Last edited:
Ronaldo has said a few times he was the hardest player he faced, a match at Old Trafford probably the best example of it.

Last edited:
thats all well and good but i bet he doesnt know the first thing about biomechanics or insight to question how rangers can afford to put they wee yellow blocks in the pishers

I liked him as well. What a left back he was, best in the world for years. He gave some of the best wingers absolutely nothing.

Saved his greatest performance for the biggest stage of all in the final v Bayern. Nullified Muller in the first half then Robben, who was a machine at the time, in the second half. Probably the only full back who had any chance of coping with Robben cutting inside all the time.

They need more expert ex-players and less colour commentators, we are watching football, not WWE wrestling.

I heard a player quoted on the radio (might have been Sterling) asking why does Ashley Cole not get a shot at coaching/managing. I immediately scoffed as he never once struck me as one to make the natural step to that profession. Happy to be proved wrong though as some ex-players seem to think he can make the step up.

He was a wonderful player, as complete a modern day fullback as you will find. Had the lot.

Was cool to dislike him for a while, really showed how media propaganda can work in English Football. You could say losing him was the start of Arsenals long term downfall.

Cool to dislike him ?

Or justified ?

People can reform, change. Absolutely. We’ve all done things 10-15 years ago that we wouldn’t do now.

But he was a fanny. It wasn’t an “in vogue trend” to dislike him, it was because he was a lady's front bottom.

Cool to dislike him ?

Or justified ?

People can reform, change. Absolutely. We’ve all done things 10-15 years ago that we wouldn’t do now.

But he was a fanny. It wasn’t an “in vogue trend” to dislike him, it was because he was a lady's front bottom.

Was through my eyes, you also think Hamburg are the third biggest Club by some distance in Germany. I’m happy with my opinion on both topics!

Was through my eyes, you also think Hamburg are the third biggest Club by some distance in Germany. I’m happy with my opinion on both topics!

Wow, I can’t remember how many weeks it’s been since I said that. Thank you for remembering though!

Unreal player, talks a lot of sense, and I have been told he is actually an exceptionally nice guy (unlike the media portratal).

Big fan.
Had a few chats with him in the barber shop when he was at Derby last season, top bloke and not at all like the media portray him.

Back