Ashley sells land next to St James' Park, makes stadium extension unlikely

JayDee

"St James' Park is now unlikely to ever be extended after Newcastle owner Mike Ashley sold land next to the stadium for £9million.

Strawberry Place behind the Gallowgate End is the only feasible site to increase the capacity of 52,354.

But Ashley acquired the land from the club around nine years ago and it has now been revealed he has sold the site to Durham-based developers Helios Real Estate and Marrico...."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6701511/St-James-Park-unlikely-extended.html

I don't know much about St James', but there is one side they can't do anything because of listed buildings beside it. Something like Leszes Terrace.

I don't know much about St James', but there is one side they can't do anything because of listed buildings beside it. Something like Leszes Terrace.
Yes, the stand opposite the main stand backs onto protected housing. Not sure if he could have extended the shallow gate end as there is already a road that runs past the ground. Either way, he is a scumbag.

Oh , what a surprise and to think we still have some idiots in our support who would welcome the fat bastard back with open arms.

As others have said, a phuckin lowlife parasite.

Do we?
I don’t know any - not one who would welcome him

I was at the City game at St. James’s a few weeks back. Would be some stadium if they could extend it all the way round to match the two larger stands.

That said has that stale feeling about it where the lack of investment is starting to show. And has the biggest sports direct signs you can imagine.

Poor kunts

That amazes me - you hear the occasional caller on open-lines but I just assume they are beggars

Honestly mate, this fella is a pal of mine and I've tried to go through very slowly with him why the fat parasite should be nowhere near our great club and all I get from him is.
'Big man, we're the only club in the world that's knocked back a billionaire "
I mean , where do you even start with that shite and now we don't talk about the fat bastard because on more than one occasion I've threatened to punch my mates lights out because it's got that heated, and that wouldn't do anybody any good.
A poster on here , the Nodster , will know who I'm talking about, DT, the world's worst plumber.:D

NS.

Article in today’s Daily Mail.

“Mash's accounts shine a light on how Ashley's close family members benefit from his business dealings.
They confirm the termination of a controversial contract between Sport Direct and Barlin Delivery, a delivery firm owned by Ashley's brother, John.
The Sports Direct boss suffered an embarrassing defeat in 2017 when shareholders blocked a proposal to hand John an £11million back payment”

The man is a parasite out to line his own pockets and his family’s...

Oh , what a surprise and to think we still have some idiots in our support who would welcome the fat bastard back with open arms.

As others have said, a phuckin lowlife parasite.

Is this honestly still the case? I can’t understand how anyone could be so fucking stupid.

I was at the City game at St. James’s a few weeks back. Would be some stadium if they could extend it all the way round to match the two larger stands.

That said has that stale feeling about it where the lack of investment is starting to show. And has the biggest sports direct signs you can imagine.

Poor kunts

I was at the Cardiff game last month & the fans were exact same, soon as they found out my allegiances up here every one was asking how we managed to get rid. He was getting dogs abuse through whole game as it was his first one he attended in months. Can't see how they will though without someone coming in & offering megabucks. Man's an absolute parasite.

Helios Real Estate show as non trading.

Missus dad is a property developer down Newcastle way so will ask him what he knows, I know he says the land is prime and has been sought after for years although I always thought if it was to be developed it would be as a hotel not as student accommodation and office spaces.

T
The Civic centre top also needs to be visible from certain parts of the city, if the stadium was the same height all the way around that wouldn't be possible.

2zyjupc.jpg

Like a certain old school building in the East end?
It’s not the same mate. The owners of the properties on Leazes Terrace actually stopped the height of the stadium being more or less the same all the way around

True to form. Leaving a lasting legacy of booby traps and shite as he fucks off with the people’s money.

Absolute cünt of a man. I’ll truly celebrate when his clogged arteries finally explode

Back