Ashley sells Newcastle

It would be great to see Ashley stop sucking the life out of that club. The guys is a disease. I hope the buyer sees this through.

Hasn’t he agreed to sell them a few times now?

Yes. And as soon as a potential buyer does their due diligence they find out that the club is tied up in knots with sponsorship deals, loans and a multitude of other contracts that do nothing more than hoover money out of the club for very little in return and ensure Ashley’s other companies keep a controlling interest.

He won’t sell. In order to buy the club on a way that removes the fat c*nt and all his companies and loans completely from Newcastle would require an eye watering amount of money.

Could be interesting few years ahead if they splash the cash like city and the PSG guys takeover at Leeds. Will Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal have the minerals to match them?

Story is currently filed in the 'Gossip' column of the BBC website and doesn't feature as a news item.

If I was a Geordie I'd be waiting for official confirmation (i.e. a signed contract of sale).

There will be last minute , 'unforeseen complications' , which will result in the so called deal being called off. That's what usually happens when he's selling Newcastle to a potential new owner. He enjoys ripping the pish out of the Geordies as mush as he does out of us.

there's also a report that he is about to sell Sports Direct's warehousing operations. Don't know what that will mean for us

there's also a report that he is about to sell Sports Direct's warehousing operations. Don't know what that will mean for us

Maybe he might actually see some common sense and stop getting in our way just for the sake it, the cash means nothing to him, where as we can really turn it around if I’d all in our own hands.

Surely if he’s buying Desmond’s shares he will have to cut any ties with us?

:rolleyes:

Sky Sports running with this now

Might well be a goer, Downie is on Ashley’s payroll though so I am still sceptical.

Mood has changed across the day down here though, I think through optimism but the more that comes out the more it seems it is a goer.

I hope it’s a clean break from fatty for the Toon.

They were thick to let it go this long,

They couldn’t do anything about it.

His right hand man once said to a fans rep that even if they boycotted by 40k a game TV money covered it, basically telling the fans they didn’t need them so pointless boycotting.

Iv been to plenty protests with them, brought a few up for the SOS ones too and similar to us there were fans non plussed and some who tried to do something, we were lucky we could have an effect.

Daily Mail headline:
"Mike Ashley’s Sports Direct warehouse is tipped to be sold to a Malaysian pension fund for £120m"

gathering in a cash mountain?

The local tv news and papers down here are running with this now saying a deal is close.Will believe it when the papers are signed and not before.Fat Man has a history of bigging up a deal at ST renewal time.

Daily Mail headline:
"Mike Ashley’s Sports Direct warehouse is tipped to be sold to a Malaysian pension fund for £120m"

gathering in a cash mountain?

Or perhaps he's running out of cash to fund some of these bizarre acquisitions.

The king of the failing high street doesn't sound like a winning long term plan.

Fingers crossed.

Starting to see some things come out making people doubt it all again.....Turns out this guy isn't related to City's owners, also no proof of funds has been seen yet..............................

Back