Ashley sells Newcastle

Or perhaps he's running out of cash to fund some of these bizarre acquisitions.

The king of the failing high street doesn't sound like a winning long term plan.

Fingers crossed.

Seems more and more like some kind of venture capitalist scheme. Hoover it all up on its death-bed and try and cash in on the scraps...?

Provan has a hard on for the guy, I'd love him to get involved with the Scum and enjoy the reaction.

Provan or his ghost writer is just a placement area for good news stories about the fat boy. Being a cynic I wonder how season ticket sales are going at St. James.

I think so mate, relief for their fans if nothing else as we more than anyone know their battle.
Dodgy as %^*& though! Man City owners cousin? Let's see what Uefa are made of

He's sold the SD HQ for £120 million to KWAA Logix Sportivo or the Malaysian Provy fund and will lease back the premises for 15 year's and his cash in the Goals complexes is out to plums after they Fcked up the tax return. provie checks anyone.

I dont think this will go through. The fat lady's front bottom has previous with this sort of thing has he not? Feel sorry for the fans going to be fucked over again

Do
Football's a joke...£350m for mediocrity. They'll still win feck all.....the sun has melted these Arabs brains....cannae wait for the bubble tae burst down there.

Do you know how much money these people have? Wont win anything. He will want to do everything in his power to get one over his cousin. The money he will put into Newcastle will make Man City look like Sunderland.

This spiv bastard can choke on his fuukin dosh that would be a lovely outcome. Now that's what I'd love to see happen.

The cuunt.

If this falls through, then even the most uninformed geordies will at last get what this f*cker is about.

No one will buy the club if there are contracts for kits and advertising still attached to the sale, which has been a problem in the past.

I hope for the Newcastle fans sake it does go through.

Starting to sound more and more like a planted story now, from which end is unsure but all the original reports came from people on Ashley's payroll.

Of course it was. It always was.

I spoke to a few I know down here morning after it leaked, they normally hear snippets but had heard zero about it but the warning signs were the journos releasing the info.

People thought it might be a goer as the day went on but when I spoke to someone this morning they just said it stinks of Ashley and Bishop, same journos just a slightly different story, instead of walking away from the deal this will turn out to "they didn't have the funds" then expect to see Brazil, Whyte, Downie, The Sun and others all lead with how Ashley has Newcastle's best interests at heart and they should be thankful, it will probably culminate in Benitez walking out.

Thing is, anyone buying Newcastle will need to have a bottomless pit of money, as most income streams are knowingly tied up, the one's nobody knows about might just be even worse, Im not sure if it has went through but a large tranche of land behind SJP was due to be sold off killing off any Stadium expansion or fan area.

Starting to sound more and more like a planted story now, from which end is unsure but all the original reports came from people on Ashley's payroll.

Are sky on his payroll.

Or are they stupid enough to go on a story they haven't checked.

I spoke to a few I know down here morning after it leaked, they normally hear snippets but had heard zero about it but the warning signs were the journos releasing the info.

People thought it might be a goer as the day went on but when I spoke to someone this morning they just said it stinks of Ashley and Bishop, same journos just a slightly different story, instead of walking away from the deal this will turn out to "they didn't have the funds" then expect to see Brazil, Whyte, Downie, The Sun and others all lead with how Ashley has Newcastle's best interests at heart and they should be thankful, it will probably culminate in Benitez walking out.

Thing is, anyone buying Newcastle will need to have a bottomless pit of money, as most income streams are knowingly tied up, the one's nobody knows about might just be even worse, Im not sure if it has went through but a large tranche of land behind SJP was due to be sold off killing off any Stadium expansion or fan area.

Knowingly to us up here, but to the majority of Geordies I'm not quite sure. I get the impression that if he sells up a lot of NFC fans will think that will be the end of the nightmare when really it's just the beginning!

Knowingly to us up here, but to the majority of Geordies I'm not quite sure. I get the impression that if he sells up a lot of NFC fans will think that will be the end of the nightmare when really it's just the beginning!

The majority realise, although like us there are some who just don't and refuse to see it.

As I have said before in this thread, a fans rep was explicitly told, pretty much laughed in the face of by one of Ashley's right hand men who told them that Attendances didn't matter, TV money covered it.

Its a positive for Ashley as he has distracted the fans once more.

They really are the biggest suckers in world football.

Again, nothing much they can do.

If Newcastle were in the SPL then boycotting would get rid within 6 months, but they have revenue coming in rendering the fans actions useless.

Sure most could do more, but I have been on numerous protests with NUFC fans against him, a couple got nasty too, but outwith that what can they do?

Ashley has the upper hand simply because of the revenue streams available outwith the fans.

Genuine question but why should they not be allow into football?

2 reasons:

1) they oversee autocratic political systems with appalling human rights records
2) as you can see with Man city, they bring politics and political influence into football, enabling all manner of dodgy goings on. The sham sponsorships, etc. The entire modus operandi is disgraceful and breaks every rule going.

2 reasons:

1) they oversee autocratic political systems with appalling human rights records
2) as you can see with Man city, they bring politics and political influence into football, enabling all manner of dodgy goings on. The sham sponsorships, etc. The entire modus operandi is disgraceful and breaks every rule going.

I don't necessarily agree with either point.

You will be lucky to find any millionaire, never mind billionaire who doesn't have some dodgy dealings.

My issue with it is the lack of scrutiny on money being passed around, there has to be a cap on Transfer fees and Signing on fees, a cap on sponsorship.

The problem is, these companies are covered by law, they are businesses and have the law onside when it comes to this.

IMO it isn't so much about the owners as the governing bodies.

I don't necessarily agree with either point.

You will be lucky to find any millionaire, never mind billionaire who doesn't have some dodgy dealings.

My issue with it is the lack of scrutiny on money being passed around, there has to be a cap on Transfer fees and Signing on fees, a cap on sponsorship.

The problem is, these companies are covered by law, they are businesses and have the law onside when it comes to this.

IMO it isn't so much about the owners as the governing bodies.
It clearly is about the owners when they are so flagrantly breaking the rules. Lets see if the governing bodies grow a set of balls. I won’t hold my breath.

It clearly is about the owners when they are so flagrantly breaking the rules. Lets see if the governing bodies grow a set of balls. I won’t hold my breath.

But are they breaking the rules?

And when clubs are they are being punished, see Chelsea with the transfer ban for example.

Being able to get around the rules isn't breaking them, indeed the people in charge wouldn't be doing their jobs if they didn't try and find a way to circumvent the rules.

The EPL is a rich guys pissing contest, that is basically what it is now, and no amount of pussy footing around is going to change it.

Football clubs are businesses, and as long as they are not breaking business and corporate law they are never going to get sanctions which deter rule bending.

And when clubs are they are being punished, see Chelsea with the transfer ban for example.

Being able to get around the rules isn't breaking them, indeed the people in charge wouldn't be doing their jobs if they didn't try and find a way to circumvent the rules.

The EPL is a rich guys pissing contest, that is basically what it is now, and no amount of pussy footing around is going to change it.

Football clubs are businesses, and as long as they are not breaking business and corporate law they are never going to get sanctions which deter rule bending.

The real beef here is that the clubs who created this obscene money sport have been beaten at their own game and so now they have to run crying to EUFA about FFP.
Utterly laughable.

The last time Man City and PSG broke the FFP rules, UEFA broke their own rules and processes, under threats of legal action that would have tied them up for possibly years, from the clubs mentioned and Michele Platini and Gianni Infantino negotiated hushed meaningless fines with both, rather than banning them from the CL, which is what should have happened.

It’s abundant clear they have broken about every rule going and city are currently under investigation by the FA, Premier League, UEFA and FIFA. Once their apparent guilt is proven, they should be stripped of honours and banned from competition. That’s the only way to stop it.

The last time Man City and PSG broke the FFP rules, UEFA broke their own rules and processes, under threats of legal action that would have tied them up for possibly years, from the clubs mentioned and Michele Platini and Gianni Infantino negotiated hushed meaningless fines with both, rather than banning them from the CL, which is what should have happened.

It’s abundant clear they have broken about every rule going and city are currently under investigation by the FA, Premier League, UEFA and FIFA. Once their apparent guilt is proven, they should be stripped of honours and banned from competition. That’s the only way to stop it.

EUFA must also have broken their own rules in 2014 when Liverpool were in breach of FFP but then decided to just let them off with it.
Well done on your Phil 3 names impression though. Almost word for word. Uncanny.

That again isn't the club/owners/directors problem though, it is the governing bodies issue in that the rules are no robust enough that a club can threaten legal action and get reduced fine/suspended fine.

Most clubs, including Liverpool , Man Utd even ourselves, circumvent rules, not necessarily breaking them, but getting round them, every business in the world does.

Stripping them of honours? Banning a club from playing football?

Not for me.

That again isn't the club/owners/directors problem though, it is the governing bodies issue in that the rules are no robust enough that a club can threaten legal action and get reduced fine/suspended fine.

Most clubs, including Liverpool , Man Utd even ourselves, circumvent rules, not necessarily breaking them, but getting round them, every business in the world does.

Stripping them of honours? Banning a club from playing football?

Not for me.
Your argument really doesn’t make any sense. If the owners break the rules to the extent that city have, they shouldn’t be allowed to be involved in football and nor should their clubs.

How any Rangers fan can defend sides cheating in this manner after Marseille and saying they shouldn’t be stripped of honours and kicked out is truly mind-boggling.

No matter how much you try and skirt around the issue, the owners of clubs like PSG and man city are the problem. Without their braking of the rules, there is nothing for the authorities to address. It’s that simple. Presumably you don’t think criminals are the problem, it’s society for being weak, judging by your attempted equivalent stance?

I’m not going to waste any more breath on it.

Your argument really doesn’t make any sense. If the owners break the rules to the extent that city have, they shouldn’t be allowed to be involved in football and nor should their clubs.

How any Rangers fan can defend sides cheating in this manner after Marseille and saying they shouldn’t be stripped of honours and kicked out is truly mind-boggling.

No matter how much you try and skirt around the issue, the owners of clubs like PSG and man city are the problem. Without their braking of the rules, there is nothing for the authorities to address. It’s that simple. Presumably you don’t think criminals are the problem, it’s society for being weak, judging by your attempted equivalent stance?

I’m not going to waste any more breath on it.

Big jump from match fixing, paying off referees to overspending.

They have broken rules on spending, equating it to match fixing, going on about criminals and such like makes you sound like a jilted ex or jealous onlooker.

Tell me, what other clubs in England in the last 10 years have been out with financial fair play?

How many clubs in Europe?

The whole financial fair play is set up in a way it can be circumvented, the clubs circumvent it.

Wanting clubs banned from playing football for overspending, what utter nonsense.

Back