Asked by Bury fans to put this on

With respect, you don't know the full facts. The Go Fund Page at £6000 is poor granted, however, it needs to be taken into context, as it was too vague and nobody really knew what it was for, e.g. buy Dale out, pay for Administration, etc.

In the meantime, we have also raised 1000s and 1000s of pounds to pay unpaid staff.

In addition, we also have a 'Buy our Bury' pledge scheme, which has pledges totalling £250,000.

Further, all we're asking, is for our psychopath of a chairman to sell our club, that he paid a pound for, hardly paid any bills since and is known to have taken money out, including claiming a fabricated £3,600,000 director's loan.

Anyway, you're obviously into the survival of the fittest, so enjoy Kilmarnock & Co going bust over the coming years and being left with a 6 team Scottish League (Rangers, Celtic, Hibernian, Hearts, Aberdeen and a merged Dundee team).

No need to reply, because we will never, ever agree...people (grown men) are in tears down here.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/empathy

And you enjoy your Saturdays at the Mill Gate - still at least the parking is free!

Heard lots of this on SSN/TalkSPORT etc and I am of the mind that there are too many small, non-entity clubs in the UK and that some need to got the way of Airdrie/Clydebank in England to make them sit up and realise that the economy they are playing in is a false bubble. Perhaps if Bury/Bolton/Coventry go bust then the games administrators will sit up and take note. I’m not sure what these lower league clubs bring to the professional game - probably similar to our lower division clubs. Not going to win a cup and not going to produce superstars. Perhaps reforming as a semi pro/junior team mightn’t be the worst think for clubs such as this.
I bear no ills towards Bury specifically, I just don’t understand the desire to have them ‘saved’ - move on and see what the future holds.
And before anyone wrongly draws a comparison to our plight of several years ago - think of the stature between both clubs.

Regardless of the stature of both clubs, i still find it astonishing that someone who is a Rangers fan can have this attitude. We were ran into the ground by successive owners, we are still fighting years old legal battles as a result, almost watched our club die and even after it was saved almost watched us have our history stripped from us, among many other terrible things over the course of the last 8 years. Its something i dont wish on any group of fans other than the tims, the sheepshaggers, dundee united and the spoonburners.

Regardless of the stature of both clubs, i still find it astonishing that someone who is a Rangers fan can have this attitude. We were ran into the ground by successive owners, we are still fighting years old legal battles as a result, almost watched our club die and even after it was saved almost watched us have our history stripped from us, among many other terrible things over the course of the last 8 years. Its something i dont wish on any group of fans other than the tims, the sheepshaggers, dundee united and the spoonburners.

We stepped up, as the biggest sporting institution in our country, and saved ourselves through wealthy fans and our average Joes. We are too big to die. Natural selection means that smaller clubs aren’t. Just because there are 96 or so clubs in England’s top tiers doesn’t mean that there always should be.

We stepped up, as the biggest sporting institution in our country, and saved ourselves through wealthy fans and our average Joes. We are too big to die. Natural selection means that smaller clubs aren’t. Just because there are 96 or so clubs in England’s top tiers doesn’t mean that there always should be.

Id rather not see any clubs die off because then thousands of people lose the club they support. Something which was hours away from happening to everyone on here.

Id rather not see any clubs die off because then thousands of people lose the club they support. Something which was hours away from happening to everyone on here.

It’s like the High St bud - there’s no room for BHS/Woolworths/HMV - but bigger stores will prosper. It’s just the way of life and a cull of lower league clubs in these countries is inevitable.
And we weren’t hours away from extinction at all - that’s a little dramatic

Agree. Poor attitude.

The Bury fans club is in their hearts just like ours is.

Tragedy.

Blackpool were run into the ground by Oyston, almost went to the wall, he stole millions from them.

Bury fans came to Bloomfield Road with a banner, "Oyston In - Fuck your club".

They also gloated at the plight of Leeds, not gloating now, are they?

Blackpool were run into the ground by Oyston, almost went to the wall, he stole millions from them.

Bury fans came to Bloomfield Road with a banner, "Oyston In - Fuck your club".

They also gloated at the plight of Leeds, not gloating now, are they?
The banner was at Gigg Lane and I, along with the vast majority of Bury fans were embarrassed. We've all got our numbnuts though haven't we? Plus, and whilst I'm not excusing it, we have history with Blackpool, following their rioting at our ground in the '80s; people stabbed and all sorts, including me and my wife being attacked. I know it's a long time ago but as I say, there's history and it's carried on (wrongly) to this day:

The following month, 3,000 Blackpool fans went to a match at Bury. Again, what seemed like another carefully planned attack took place. “An orgy of violence, theft and destruction,” reported the Blackpool Evening Gazette. After Bury had scored a goal, Blackpool fans at one side stand started to wreck the stand, which received extensive damage whilst another group of Blackpool (Rammy Arms Crew) fans behind one goal also started to riot. All to chants of “Smash it up, smash it up, smash it up.” Pieces of the Stand were thrown onto the pitch and yet another referee had to take the players off the pitch. A brick wall was demolished and pushed onto parked cars as the Police held the Blackpool fans in the ground after the match. 64 Blackpool fans were arrested and 5 Police Officers hurt. Yet another Disciplinary Inquiry was instigated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Muckers

I even know some Blackpool fans who have said, they don't blame us for the banner!!!

Don't recall us doing or saying anything at all about Leeds' situation, certainly not on our MB or when we played them at Elland Road in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy in 2007 (only time we've played them in years). Probably some Bury based Man Utd fans?

Last edited:
Hey Billy Blue...nearly a year on mate and we need you more than ever. Expulsion from the EFL, scum chairman still here, flooding in the Borough of Bury, Coronavirus from the bowels of hell, setting up a Phoenix Club...

But we want to be a true community club...the below demonstrates this ethos. We've spent 1000s of free 'spare' hours on it BUT it's only Rangers supporters who can make it a success.

Just to say though, I'm proud to support and encourage all 3 great causes. Whether that be for underprivileged kids in Glasgow, disabled supporters of Bury or bereaved families of military personnel killed in action or murdered on the streets of Great Britain...like our local lad Fusilier Lee Rigby.

DONATE HERE: For the Lee Rigby Memorial Virtual Friendly

Hey Billy Blue...nearly a year on mate and we need you more than ever. Expulsion from the EFL, scum chairman still here, flooding in the Borough of Bury, Coronavirus from the bowels of hell, setting up a Phoenix Club...

But we want to be a true community club...the below demonstrates this ethos. We've spent 1000s of free 'spare' hours on it BUT it's only Rangers supporters who can make it a success.

Just to say though, I'm proud to support and encourage all 3 great causes. Whether that be for underprivileged kids in Glasgow, disabled supporters of Bury or bereaved families of military personnel killed in action or murdered on the streets of Great Britain...like our local lad Fusilier Lee Rigby.

DONATE HERE: For the Lee Rigby Memorial Virtual Friendly

This looks brilliant
Bring on The Legends tomorrow

Heard lots of this on SSN/TalkSPORT etc and I am of the mind that there are too many small, non-entity clubs in the UK and that some need to got the way of Airdrie/Clydebank in England to make them sit up and realise that the economy they are playing in is a false bubble. Perhaps if Bury/Bolton/Coventry go bust then the games administrators will sit up and take note. I’m not sure what these lower league clubs bring to the professional game - probably similar to our lower division clubs. Not going to win a cup and not going to produce superstars. Perhaps reforming as a semi pro/junior team mightn’t be the worst think for clubs such as this.
I bear no ills towards Bury specifically, I just don’t understand the desire to have them ‘saved’ - move on and see what the future holds.
And before anyone wrongly draws a comparison to our plight of several years ago - think of the stature between both clubs.
Small clubs have a place in their local community,it is wrong to wish them to disappear.My only complaint is in Scotland they can have too much sway over the senior game and that needs to be addressed.
Your point about them not providing superstars is well wide of the mark,there are loads of examples.Jamey Vardy was playing for Halifax among others and our own Davy Cooper was at Clydebank.

Last edited:
Small clubs have a place in their local community,it is wrong to wish them to disappear.My only complaint is in Scotland they can have too much sway over the senior game and that needs to be addressed.
Your point about them not providing superstars is well wide of the mark,there are loads of examples.Jamey Vardy was playing for Halifax among others and our own Davy Cooper was at Clydebank.
THANK YOU Rangers FANS for your support
We had our club stolen by a chairman who doesnt even like football and didnt even know Bury FC was a football club when he bought us for £1 off the previous chairman who borrowed excessive money against our ground, Gigg Lane
Then we got dumped out of the English Football League
The pain is unbelievable, our community has been devastated, and this was before coronavirus.
Your support is amazing and uplifting

THANK YOU Rangers FANS for your support
We had our club stolen by a chairman who doesnt even like football and didnt even know Bury FC was a football club when he bought us for £1 off the previous chairman who borrowed excessive money against our ground, Gigg Lane
Then we got dumped out of the English Football League
The pain is unbelievable, our community has been devastated, and this was before coronavirus.
Your support is amazing and uplifting
Keep fighting mate,hopefully you will get your Club back.

Signed with pleasure and best of British on getting your club back, never give up and if you have to look at any clubs fans in the world for inspiration it’s US RANGERS FANS as we never gave up and if you fight hard enough you will achieve ... :cool:

Back