Aston Villa bid for James Justin

MSF

Aston Villa have just bid £7.5m for Luton Town full back James Justin.

Who? 21 year old full back, played around 40 games in L2 (2016-2018) then played the full season in L1 this year.

We know Premiership/Championship prices can be crazy. But League 1 is piss poor standard, SPFL Prem standard.

Yet WBA think £4m is acceptable for Tavernier. :D

I'd still be telling teams to do one at that price.

Hardest player to replace in our team, our captain, best full back in Scotland, most improved, most consistent and best attacking outlet in our league.

Think Sunday was a short insight into how much we’d miss him if he left.

Our right hand side had no balance to it nor threat with Flanagan there, not to mention he has improved defensively since he arrived.

People are going to be surprised by how much we get for tav I think

Could be 8/9 million
If this James Justin fella is going for 7.5 million then we should be demanding 12 million for tav, regardless of the league he’s playing in.

Having said that league 2 standard is probably SPL standard minus is and Celtic

I honestly can’t understand how Tav doesn’t get more interest from other clubs. For me he’s been our best value for money ( ok close with Morelos).

Some of the prices down south just now, I think we could hold out for high teens, but I hope we don’t sell him at all. I think he’s vital for the league title.

I'd still be telling teams to do one at that price.

Hardest player to replace in our team, our captain, best full back in Scotland, most improved, most consistent and best attacking outlet in our league.
Just to add my tuppence worth, I don’t think he’d be out of place at any bar the top six, EPL teams.
Maybe a short adjustment of course but, fairly quickly, I think I’d be proven right.
In the meantime, I’d be exceptionally happy if he’s still our right back next season.

If this James Justin fella is going for 7.5 million then we should be demanding 12 million for tav, regardless of the league he’s playing in.

Pish mate ,
I honestly can’t understand how Tav doesn’t get more interest from other clubs. For me he’s been our best value for money ( ok close with Morelos).

Some of the prices down south just now, I think we could hold out for high teens, but I hope we don’t sell him at all. I think he’s vital for the league title.

Couldn’t agree more .

Bournemouth paid a similar whack on Tyrone Mings who has took a few years to find his feet, helluva outlay on ifs buts and maybes...ooh to have that luxury in the transfer market!
Watched a few Wigan games towards the end of the season (on telly!) Anyone know the script on the young Centre midfielder Reece James...Docherty level rawness but what an engine, dig and flashes of brilliance?
Would imagine any promoted teams will eye him up like Bobby Reid who stood out last term

Bournemouth paid a similar whack on Tyrone Mings who has took a few years to find his feet, helluva outlay on ifs buts and maybes...ooh to have that luxury in the transfer market!
Watched a few Wigan games towards the end of the season (on telly!) Anyone know the script on the young Centre midfielder Reece James...Docherty level rawness but what an engine, dig and flashes of brilliance?
Would imagine any promoted teams will eye him up like Bobby Reid who stood out last term
He is actually a right back, think he has filled in at CM for Wigan - seen him play there against Norwich.

On loan from Chelsea and their fans really want him involved in the first team next season. Played in their USA friendly last week.

He is fantastic, I suggested him to replace Tav (if he left) before but his stock is probably too high now.

He is actually a right back, think he has filled in at CM for Wigan - seen him play there against Norwich.

On loan from Chelsea and their fans really want him involved in the first team next season. Played in their USA friendly last week.

He is fantastic, I suggested him to replace Tav (if he left) before but his stock is probably too high now.
Mate if he's a full back then that explains his decision makings at times, great shout to replace Tav! Almost identical really but younger, can't see it unless Lampard goes back, Sarri barely started Odoi and Cheek

I touted him for us on a couple of threads recently including the Declan John one today.

Played left back last season but can also play right back or further forward.

I thought he would have cost around £2.5m.

Clearly not. :rolleyes:

It’s not. League 2 is absolute kick and rush dross. Seriously.

Killie are a better football side all league 2 sides, never mind us.

League 1 I can accept as similar to most SPL diddy clubs.

They were in League One mate. They had been relegated from the Championship in May.
Yeah we did. Waghorn and Tavernier were with Wigan after they got relegated to League 1. They couldn't afford their wages any more so had to offload them.
Thats like saying if you signed Kenny Miller tomorrow its from the Championship.

Or if you signed Billy McKay its from the Premiership.

Pish.

Just to add my tuppence worth, I don’t think he’d be out of place at any bar the top six, EPL teams.
Maybe a short adjustment of course but, fairly quickly, I think I’d be proven right.
In the meantime, I’d be exceptionally happy if he’s still our right back next season.

As it stands he would walk into the Utd team.

Who? 21 year old full back, played around 40 games in L2 (2016-2018) then played the full season in L1 this year.

We know Premiership/Championship prices can be crazy. But League 1 is piss poor standard, SPFL Prem standard.

After being down at Shrewsbury v Walsall to watch Doc a couple of weeks ago, I'd say it's about Dundee Utd v St Mirren standard.

You're lucky if teams string 3 passes together and Greg was head and shoulders above anyone else on the park.

The market has gone mad mate.

It’s not. League 2 is absolute kick and rush dross. Seriously.

Killie are a better football side all league 2 sides, never mind us.

League 1 I can accept as similar to most SPL diddy clubs.

Watched Tranmere play Forest Green in the play offs the other week, had a moment where I thought I could get a game at that level and I'm 64. Without doubt the Spl top six would be top end League 1 bottom half Championship.

Us and them top end Championship bottom half EPL

Precisely, £12m for Tav and not a penny less.

I actually think he's our most valuable asset mate.

Will be far harder to replace than Fredo.
Agreed bud. Very few defenders out there offer what he does in terms of pace, creativity, deadball delivery, reliability from penalties, general fitness, consistency. As you say, how do you replace that? Certainly the best fullback in Scotland since Numan.

The difference between the 2 is age. Justin is 21, Tav is 27. With Tav there's no real resale price but with Justin there could be

However 4 million for Tav is taking the piss. 10 million gets you a seat at the table

Agreed bud. Very few defenders out there offer what he does in terms of pace, creativity, deadball delivery, reliability from penalties, general fitness, consistency. As you say, how do you replace that? Certainly the best fullback in Scotland since Numan.
Ther's been a lot of chat prior to this season about Tav not being captain material and struggling defensively,but he's improved immeasurably this season I'd suggest on both counts while still attaining his fantastic attacking threat,
As MSB said,we would really struggle badly to replace what he brings to the team so I really hope we don't sell unless it's Dumbele type figures(which won't happen for a RB playing in Scotland anyway).

Back