Aston Villa keeper assaulted at full time pitch invasion

Probably going to take a fatality before anything serious gets done about these pitch invasions

What a mental few weeks down South. They bump their gums often enough about how it’s the biggest and best football place in the world. Maybe they should be as vocal about the arsehole element that is still rife down there also.

Use CCTV and ban each and every arsehole on the pitch. That is how you stop this.

there was a huge pitch invasion when Milan won the title today but then they all bolted off to get ready for the trophy presentation.

I would say that if the fans run onto the pitch then the club forfeits that game, harsh for the club and the supporters who behave themselves, but it needs stopped now. Plus bans and hefty fines for the offenders if identified.

If the FA had dealt with this appropriately in previous weeks this wouldn’t have happened. Moving forward it should be points deducted for anyone entering the field of play and expulsion from the competition for any assaults taking place on players. It’s only a matter of time before someone goes too far and seriously injures a player

With facial recognition technology clubs could identify everyone who runs onto the pitch and give them a 1 year stadium ban.

What is it with all these English football pitch invasions lately? Morons the lot of them.

Reminded of the spoon burners at our last cup final with Wes and Waldo. Nothing to see here I'm sure.

Probably just sheer exuberance, right Rod?

Behind closed doors for next 5 PL games and keep doing it for every club when this happens, it’s ridiculous and could get out of hand very quickly.

Need to be seeing stadium closures for this type of action now as it’s becoming ridiculous.

Forrest full stadium closure for 2 or 3 games
Everton for a couple games
City for a couple of games.

The behaviour we are seeing is becoming ridiculous and it’s no longer “the minority”.

Folk are doing it for “likes”. Let’s see how well liked they are when they have locked upwards of 30k out of matches. Will also heavily hit clubs in the pocket.

It'll be back to fences before we know it. As I've always said how are a few police and stewards going to stop hundreds of fans getting onto the pitch. As we all know it's an offence to enter the pitch so use the TV pics to identify everyone on the pitch and then fine them and ban them. I'm sure some trainee police officers could spend time reviewing footage.

This trend needs stopping now. The only way is drastic action. I'd say any pitch invasion and your team's deducted 10 points. If it's a cup game, you're out. Players and managers shouldn't need to put up with that crap.

How long is it before we see fences being erected to stop this because that's the way it's heading all it takes is someone with a knife to stab a player or someone with a bottle to smash it over a player and the league will be in serious bother

It’s a strange phenomenon a pitch invasion, there will be loads of seemingly sensible people get caught up in the moment and suddenly they just follow those in front and just pile on like lemmings, it’s mental really.

Needs stronger sanctions and fast or it'll just get worse. You just need to look at French football since the fans were allowed back, its almost like the ultra groups are competing to see who can cause most disruption
Dundee United were on the pitch celebrating finishing 4th the other week ffs

It’s true though, club should get punished but the individuals should get a hefty punishment too
I'm surprised any Rangers fan would be in favour of clubs being punished when we share a city with those freaks.

I am bursting with pride that all Bears stayed off the park at Hampden. We celebrated in style and showed that we know how to behave.
Hats off to the UB’s for staying behind the barriers even when the players came across to them. The UB’s acted with class.
Thank you from Old Codger Loyal.

Needs to be zero tolerance and points deductions/thrown out of cup competitions next season. Not for one off indivduals running on, but definitely for mass pitch invasions

I'm surprised any Rangers fan would be in favour of clubs being punished when we share a city with those freaks.
That’s where the financial penalty would hopefully dissuade people from being stupid enough

Keep reducing crowd numbers after every incident until common sense prevails. Reduced revenue for the club, also might encourage fans to "self police"

Back