Aston Villa keeper assaulted at full time pitch invasion

Problem with that is rival fans could abuse it
This is the fear.
Catch the individual and punish them personally. Totally unfair to punish the club that they may, or may not, support. Wide open to abuse by a nutter fanatic or even someone paid to do it.

This is getting ridiculous
I know the pitch invasion at the last home match is something of a tradition in England but there’s not been this aspect of it in the past, players being assaulted.

For all that the EPL is packaged up and sold as being all shiny, there’s a nasty element in English football that is becoming increasingly bold.

That’s where the financial penalty would hopefully dissuade people from being stupid enough
Again mate, we all know they'd crowdfund 10 grand in minutes to get us into bother.

I'm sure it was Phantom on twitter a few seasons back who got them donating to some "resolution 12" investigation, they'd committed a good few thousand before he revealed it was him. And that's before we get started on their foreign newspaper adverts.

The chance to come to Ibrox and make us lose points, knowing it's "all expenses paid" and you'd never have to buy your own drink again. They'd be queuing up to be that person.

Again mate, we all know they'd crowdfund 10 grand in minutes to get us into bother.

I'm sure it was Phantom on twitter a few seasons back who got them donating to some "resolution 12" investigation, they'd committed a good few thousand before he revealed it was him. And that's before we get started on their foreign newspaper adverts.

The chance to come to Ibrox and make us lose points, knowing it's "all expenses paid" and you'd never have to buy your own drink again. They'd be queuing up to be that person.
What happened to the bold phantom?

Time for the Calvary. Have a Clydesdale thundering towards you with some c_unt brandishing a three foot baton will make these arseholes think twice.

Getting a bit out of hand now this carry on. That’s what a good 3 incidents in the last week alone with this, billy sharp and the viera one.

Add that to the nonsense over the season with folk running on the pitch trying to get players tops, especially when it’s adults is embarrassing.

Always wonder how enforceable a stadium ban actually is for these people unless they are made to sign in i.e at a local police station then surely they can procure tickets through others and attend? Correct me if I’m wrong here.

I think the only real deterrent is custodial sentences or financial penalties. Clubs are just going to end up constantly facing fines from the SFA, FA, UEFA etc.

These pitch invasions are the most cringeworthy fad that's happening these days. From individuals to full blown stands coming on to the pitch is a disgrace. Get a fence up or decent security and get this stamped out. If this was any other industry folk getting punched at work they'd strike

I know the pitch invasion at the last home match is something of a tradition in England but there’s not been this aspect of it in the past, players being assaulted.

For all that the EPL is packaged up and sold as being all shiny, there’s a nasty element in English football that is becoming increasingly bold.
Been happening for years just not normally picked up by the media. I was at a Huddersfield-MK Dons match 10 years ago. Play-off semi, Huddersfield went through, fans came on the pitch & guy punched Alan Smith ex-Leeds who was playing for MK.

You’re always gonna get a situation where the away teams players get grief off the home teams fans - 99.9% of fans know where the line is drawn but you get people like the guy who hit Billy Sharp and today’s moron who just don’t have a clue

The pitch invasions are totally ridiculous. Someone is going to be seriously hurt especially if someone has the chance to crack a hated player. Imagine a last game of the season in Scotland and iwe play the like of Aberdeen or hibs away and they run on and have free reign on Morelos. They wouldn’t think twice

The pitch invasions are totally ridiculous. Someone is going to be seriously hurt especially if someone has the chance to crack a hated player. Imagine a last game of the season in Scotland and iwe play the like of Aberdeen or hibs away and they run on and have free reign on Morelos. They wouldn’t think twice

This 100% all it takes is some wee coked up idiot to ruin a players career

When it's folk coming onto the pitch like that and players being assaulted the home club needs to be absolutely hammered. Not with cash, means nothing to these clubs, but harsh points deductions, stand closures etc. The guy who assaulted the goalie, if caught, should be doing jail time and banned forever (might be difficult to do but time the authorities figured it out).

I heard Mark Pugatch (ITV pundit) on R4 this morning saying that there needs to be consequences for these pitch invasions.

His solution, as applied to the Everton vs Crystal Palace match, is that if a points deduction applied for an incursion, then maybe the Toffees fans might not have invaded the pitch to celebrate not being relegated.

Who knows if that's a viable solution, but there has to be something done.

Any fan coming onto the park should be banned for life . Jailed if he touches a player.

I wouldn't go for a points deduction as punishment but I'd be in favour of making the offending club play a couple of games behind closed doors. Wouldn't take long until the fans self police and stop any idiots getting on the pitch.

Ideally you'd only use points deduction as a last resort. You're first isolating individuals and punishing them severely. You're then looking at closed stands/stadiums. fines for clubs and that kind of thing.

You also have to look at how these events are policed.

I think it is too late for this season, but they should make it an automatic 3 points deduction if anymore than 10 people enter the pitch.

These invasions only happen when they win or escape relegation so the 3 points would either cause you to lose or be relegated.

This would end it! They would be crazy to invade them.

The league 100% should have taken the decision today to present them the trophy in their dressing room/ boardroom. Only way it will get through to the urchins on the pitch.

Anyone running onto the pitch or taking one of those signs begging for a players shirt should be sentenced to 5 years in prison. Even kids.

Little cunts.

Anyone running onto the pitch or taking one of those signs begging for a players shirt should be sentenced to 5 years in prison. Even kids.

Little cunts.

I’m sure a whilst back some kid got Andy Robertson’s shirt only for his dad to punt it on eBay

The last time I can remember that happening to us was a Paedo FC fan running on at the piggery to attack Ally Maxwell only to be met by and banjoed by Bomber

Nowadays that kind of action would be met with litigious action and, well Duncan Ferguson, say no more that that

The last time I can remember that happening to us was a Paedo FC fan running on at the piggery to attack Ally Maxwell only to be met by and banjoed by Bomber

Nowadays that kind of action would be met with litigious action and, well Duncan Ferguson, say no more that that

Not remember the Celtic fan running onto the park against PSG and trying to kick Mbappe?

Or the Celtic fan who ran onto the pitch against AC Milan and tried to hit Dida?

Hibs had just won the 2016 Scottish cup final and their fans first thought was to fight Rangers fans and assault Rangers players! The Scottish media's first thought was to blame the Rangers fans! :mad:

W.A.T.P.
That's not entirely true.
Their first and only thought was to assault Rangers staff.
The Rangers support going on to the pitch to even things up was something they clearly never thought through as evidenced by the amount of Hibs fans sparked out on the pitch when it became a fair fight.

Not remember the Celtic fan running onto the park against PSG and trying to kick Mbappe?

Or the Celtic fan who ran onto the pitch against AC Milan and tried to hit Dida?
I do remember we all know their scummy fans have previous I was thinking more of our own players. Then I came across the video of HIV fan running on and taking a swing at Tav in 2019

The self-importance of these fuckwits invading the pitch every week is staggering.
Players must be thinking get this fat beer breathed cunt out my face.

Plenty of grounds on the continent have moats round the pitch to keep fans off it. They don't look great, but would stop this happening in an instant.

Plenty of grounds on the continent have moats round the pitch to keep fans off it. They don't look great, but would stop this happening in an instant.

Would hate that to be honest I hate sitting behind the goals at hamdump feel miles away from the pitch total buzzkill for me.

Shades of the 2016 cup final?

I expect we’ll see photos of random City fans plastered all over the media tomorrow :rolleyes:

Scum. Remember Hibs fans and after cup final. All brushed under the carpet. At least these animals will get jailed by English police

I'm not saying it's right, and technically he was assaulted, but he made the most of it, or maybe he is just weak.

First guy seemed to pat him, the next guy did push him (and I know it's wrong and he shouldn't have pushed him), but he should be thankful as it seemed to wake him up and cure him from the initial pat that by the looks of the goalkeeper had him in severe pain. The 1 where he seemed to have sustained a life threatening hit to the face and led to him requiring multiple guy to protect him to get him of the park was caused by a guy running past cheering who accidentally hit him in the face.

Time for the Calvary. Have a Clydesdale thundering towards you with some c_unt brandishing a three foot baton will make these arseholes think twice.
images

He'd sort em out.

Last edited:
The Scottish press turned the dida incident around bad made him the bad guy for going down too easy.

Points reduction not the answer as previously stated that would encourage away fans to invade the pitch

Re fences erecting fences for something that probably only happens in the last game of the season. Definitely not condemning it.

Is it really though? I can't recall it being like this in the past; where virtually every ground has been having an invasion of the pitch.

Back