Aston Villa keeper assaulted at full time pitch invasion

This is the fear.
Catch the individual and punish them personally. Totally unfair to punish the club that they may, or may not, support. Wide open to abuse by a nutter fanatic or even someone paid to do it.
Agreed, remember sh1tey Sean handcuffing his mentally challenged arse to our goalposts?

Just shows you how stupid humans are. These things were barely seen before and if they happened it was all full of joy. Then suddenly this season it’s happening far more, one player gets assaulted then some other dickheads can’t be outdone so they must do the same probably for likes and retweets.

Wouldn't actually call it an assault but thats where we are these days and we have all seen the absolute hypocrisy and double standards in play up here
Young guys kept up in the house watching the Met kneeling forgivingly to BLM protestors or middle class yobs rolling statues into the sea or doing as they please well why should they give a toss how they enjoy their moment
Doesn't make it right to run onto the pitch but calling out for jail sentences for young guys doing young guys things jeezo

It was the dads putting their kids on the goalposts and taking pics which was senseless...If the children had fallen 8 feet anything could have happened to them.

How long is it before we see fences being erected to stop this because that's the way it's heading all it takes is someone with a knife to stab a player or someone with a bottle to smash it over a player and the league will be in serious bother
No chance of fences being erected.

Docking points and or awarding cups to the opposition would be one way this will be stopped.

Not sure I know what the answer is, but fences penning us all into death traps is NOT the answer

Wouldn't actually call it an assault but thats where we are these days and we have all seen the absolute hypocrisy and double standards in play up here
Young guys kept up in the house watching the Met kneeling forgivingly to BLM protestors or middle class yobs rolling statues into the sea or doing as they please well why should they give a toss how they enjoy their moment
Doesn't make it right to run onto the pitch but calling out for jail sentences for young guys doing young guys things jeezo
Well done for somehow making it about BLM. haha Mental.

Well done for somehow making it about BLM. haha Mental.
Aye maybe I could have used the example of peados getting suspended sentences while some want young guys jailed for running onto a pitch
But we all know who gets time in the pokey

Haha

Entering the pitch should carry a conviction by the authorities and a lifetime ban by the club in question.

If it's a child there with a parent, the parent faces the conviction and ban along with their child.

Amazing how fast justice can be dished out when on national TV. Not that I'm against swift justice but because its football it seems to be quicker.
As for punishing clubs....not so sure. A few scum fans buy tickets for our game and run on pitch and we get punished...not for me.
Clubs need to do more however regards bans and removing STs etc
That already happened to us in a European game. Remember that nutter that chained himself to a post. Some sort of Palestine protest.

There was quite a bit of chaos after the game but the goalkeeper wasn't really
attacked as such. One guy seemed to clatter into him in all the excitement, that was the one you see him holding his head. However shortly after that another guy deliberately comes over and puts his hand on his head in a mocking gesture. There were other incidents with fans colliding into stewards but the most idiotic scenes were those on top of the goalposts with family members taking photographs.

Last edited:
I cant see an assault at all. There was a guy that went past the GK with his phone in the air facing the opposite direction. I think he bumped into him. Villa have viewed footage and are basically saying they are not sure if it was intentional or not and are making no complaint.
Prima donna, running away covering his head as if someone just tried to snipe him. Embarrassing. Just brush it off, Gerrard’s reaction was embarrassing as well.

Slippery slope. What if the away team is down 2-0 late and decides to invade the pitch?
It is only the team of the fans who invade that should be punished. I originally thought dock points, but awarding a 3-0 victory would be better and would cover cup games.

Only way it will stop in my opinion. If fans know the consequences

Prima donna, running away covering his head as if someone just tried to snipe him. Embarrassing. Just brush it off, Gerrard’s reaction was embarrassing as well.
I was genuinely surprised at Gerrard. He seemed more pissed off because Liverpool lost the title race. Was a bit embarrassing on his part.

Patrick Viera had right idea, gave wee clown a slap.. Albeit it could have led to him being seriously hurt least he had balls.

Is it really though? I can't recall it being like this in the past; where virtually every ground has been having an invasion of the pitch.
It’s been going on for a long time down south, last game of the season and fans come on to the pitch. Regular scene where a team has escaped relegation, or clinched promotion or a play-off place in particular - maybe more prevalent outside of the EPL though.

This theme of players being goaded or attacked by opposition fans is new though. That’s never been a feature before.

Jesus Christ what a ridiculous post.
Turning this into a BLM related issue.
Give yourself a shake.
Football supporters entering the field of play and assaulting the opponents is lowest of the low behaviour.
It has to be cut right out and dealt with to break this trend immediately.

Must have been hard to type that with your sovereign rings weighing you down

Back