Aston Villa plan £10m swoop for Ryan Kent

We aren't signing ojo and Kent this summer. Ojo clearly the alternative. Liverpool will get £10m+ for Kent. Not worth it in my opinion as much as I'd have liked him back
Good for us though if Kent does go for £10m.
He's come here, had a good season, won YPOTY and gone from unheard of to selling for 8 figures.

That's the kind of thing that'll encourage clubs to deal with us.

Good for us though if Kent does go for £10m.
He's come here, had a good season, won YPOTY and gone from unheard of to selling for 8 figures.

That's the kind of thing that'll encourage clubs to deal with us.
And if 1 good season with us makes you a 10 million player, we can start using that as bargaining chips for our own players aswell

Aston villa are interested in Tav aswell, if they're paying £10m for Kent after 1 good season with us, they have no right to lowball us with shit offers for Tav for example.

Yeah, although, we should be able to put some clause in there. If we are making these clubs like Liverpool richer by substantial sums like £10m etc, we should be getting a small % of that. Why not play our own youth than rather making someone else £10m.

Playing our own youths is obviously the long term plan (for any club really) but at the moment we are getting a shot of players who are close to being considered for the first team squad of a side that’s made the Champions League Final for the last two seasons.

I’m afraid when we get these players it’s on Liverpool’s terms, not ours. If we were to ask for a development fee they’d just tell us to feck off and send their player elsewhere.

Still hoping we can persuade them to loan him to us for another year, anyone shrugging off him not coming back should have a watch back at the last 3 games against Celtic.

They are absolutely shit scared of him and the fact they are means they put 3 men on him, opening up the space for the likes of Arfield.

He has a mentality that we’re not going to replace easily, and especially next season which is going to be massive and require players who won’t hide, and Kent never does.

Last edited:
I still think he will be with us for another year, what's £10m to Liverpool? not a lot really. Another year at us and Kent may well become a player that will go back to Liverpool to challenge for a first team slot and possibly £20m won't buy him then

If Kent doesn't come back then for me that should signal us to spend good money on his replacement preferably a similar type player but with the added quality of more end product.

I still think we will have an entire new front line next season though with more end product and firepower.

I know I’m in the minority but I just don’t see a £10million player in Kent.

I think Greg Stewart will score more and assist more goals for us this coming season.

I know I’m in the minority but I just don’t see a £10million player in Kent.

I think Greg Stewart will score more and assist more goals for us this coming season.

I think Greg Stewart will shut a few mouths on Follow Follow. He's different from Kent, but also a very gifted player.

Kent will be a big miss in the games against the poets he’s got the right personality to play them but for the price tags often mentioned in regards to him we can do better.

The decision Liverpool need to make is whether to take this supposed £10M offer from Villa or allow Ryan to come on loan to us for another season to see if he improves enough to become involved with the Liverpool first team the following season or not.

We just have to accept that if we are going to use the loan market from the top EPL clubs or even the Championship(Worral) then we just cannot compete in the fees or wages market.
It's where we are and are likely to be for the foreseeable future.Everyone at our club is for sale at the right price.

Mental, we are basically increasing the value of these players but getting not much in return.

One good season at Rangers will see your transfer value go from £100,000 to £10,000,000

F8ck modern football
That's the sickener for me as well,we are boosting the profits of other clubs. I think we should start signing permanents. What's he going to win there. Need a rethink of the loan situation.

Mental, we are basically increasing the value of these players but getting not much in return.

One good season at Rangers will see your transfer value go from £100,000 to £10,000,000

F8ck modern football

A very distorted view imho

We got a £5-10 million player on loan for nothing, probably even only paying a small portion of his wage if anything

What we will also get from it is more English clubs willing to loan us more players, to toughen them up and give them game time. We have proved with Kent that this can be a good deal for all parties

Back