Aston Villa plan £10m swoop for Ryan Kent

Mental, we are basically increasing the value of these players but getting not much in return.

One good season at Rangers will see your transfer value go from £100,000 to £10,000,000

F8ck modern football
Unless you’re actually a Rangers player, it would seem.

Never liked Villa for some reason. Hopefully we can get Kent because he’s enjoying his football here but obviously money is what it’s about. Will definitely affect our chances of winning the league. Kent’s skill and his pivotal role in our new formation is crucial.

I still believe he’ll be here next season.

It will be interesting to see how Kent’s career develops. As good as he was at times, his final ball and shooting could be questionable.

For me he is a top championship player but don’t see him in the top league.

Could see him back at Ibrox in the future.

Thoughts?
I agree, would be great fornus but dont see him cutting it down south. He is our equivelant of roberts or sinclair

Just won the treble and best thing you can do with your time is celebrate by coming in here ?
It's been a while since one of the tramps outed themselves in such a fashion.
The fact that it's come now when they are front and back page news for the paedo ring says much.
The common garden mutant mentally challenged is entirely at ease with children being raped in the name of winning a trophy.
An absolute disease on humanity.

I think it's pretty clear Ojo is his replacement.
Just to confirm any doubts.
uuP93ug.jpg

Be sorry to see Ryan go especially at this stage of his career, I felt another run in Europe and a full season with us would have made him a more accomplished player and given him what he needs rather than a move to Villa or similar team, I'm sure he would be better off with us and enjoy this experience better with us.

Surely a clause can be agreed before loan is set in place for us to receive a % of the sell on fee for developing their players. Even 5% of £10m makes it worthwhile for us.

I did see that, but I can't help feeling that Ojo will be a replacement. I don't see us signing both, two players on loan from Liverpool for practically the same position (I say loan in Kents case because if it's £10m+ it's unlikely we'll be buying him).
We’ll get him on another loan, I think we should try and sign him at the end of next season with a year off of his contract. When you look at the right wing we don’t have as much quality as Ojo and he can also play on both wings.

If Kent had scored more goals and had more assists I'd be more bothered. His pace caused a few teams problems and I'm sure he will get better. But £10 million? Nah.

Surely a clause can be agreed before loan is set in place for us to receive a % of the sell on fee for developing their players. Even 5% of £10m makes it worthwhile for us.

That’s just the nature of the Loan system. We get a shot of future prospects that would be outwith our spending power & if successful, Liverpool get a player who is now sellable.

What can be done about it though?

That's us our the bidding war for him though. Lucky for us he didn't do so well last time down England, so if he flops again we could get him back in January on loan

10m for Kent is ridiculous. He's a good player but 10m is taking the piss. If Kent is worth 10m then Morelos is worth about 50m.

I would like to see us negotiate these deals semi long term in mind. Either try negotiate an agreed price for end of loan deal or insert an option for extending loan another season.

Even if agreed price is on high side, then it at least gives you the option of assessing the player over the season and deciding whether they are worth it.

For players that parent club would rather not sell at all, then option if 3nd year loan would be a decent compromise. Clearly if player had done enough to warrant us wanting loan to continue it is of benefit to all parties assuming the player is happy to continue development at club.

Nah Kent is irreplaceable, they people you just mentioned are gonna be no where near Kent’s level (apart from ojo obviously)

No player in Scotland is irreplacable.

I wouldn't have been averse to another loan deal for Kent, but the idea of spending the majority of our budget on him would seem foolish.

For me, he doesn't perform consistently in the area that really matters,the attacking third. His goal return is not that of a £10m player.

I would like to see us negotiate these deals semi long term in mind. Either try negotiate an agreed price for end of loan deal or insert an option for extending loan another season.

These are all good ideas but the reality will be that the better the prospect , the more likely it would be that the lending club would baulk at it and it would , if we insisted , jeapordise the original loan.
We would end up only getting the Balls and Hyndlands.

Mental, we are basically increasing the value of these players but getting not much in return.

One good season at Rangers will see your transfer value go from £100,000 to £10,000,000

F8ck modern football
That’s rubbish,we are getting a LOAN of a player to help our team.

Hi pal, we understand that the abuse you endured as a child at the hands of your priest was bad and I just want you to know we're all your friends here and we can help you x
And there club.
There club is vile and corrupt.

Can’t see it happening if Villa win tomorrow. He’s had a good season with us but he’s not ready for EPL at this stage

F8ck modern football

If we get a couple of top class loans that help us deliver 55 that will be our return. These are guys we'd have no chance of getting otherwise so we should enjoy them while they're here.

Hopefully Ojo can be that player next season.

Loved Kent and would be delighted if we somehow managed to secure him for another season, however he’s not irreplaceable and we did actually win the games quite comfortably that he was banned for post scum game.

F8ck modern football

Not much in return? We had Kent, YPotY winner and PotY nominee in our squad for the season and we only had to pay his wages.

I do agree that it's frustrating that we're only a stepping stone for some players and to teams like Liverpool we're just a platform to increase players' values.

We aren't signing ojo and Kent this summer. Ojo clearly the alternative. Liverpool will get £10m+ for Kent. Not worth it in my opinion as much as I'd have liked him back

If we are loaning young English talents regular now then we are going to have to get used to these sort of events unfolding.

Kent's had a good season with his best performances coming against the tims who can't cope with him. For £10 million though I'd be expecting a lot more goals and assists throughout the season against the rest of the league. Would be delighted with another years loan or permanent transfer for £3 - £4 million.

Let’s see what happens, it is a very easy story for the press to come out with.

While Ojo seems to be a talented player and might even be more of a goal threat I really think after getting a full season behind him Kent would run riot next season with us. He also gives us work rate and fits into our system when we press

It’s the market we are in now. If Liverpool want to give us a top prospect each year to use us as a shop window then why not. We are never going to be able to buy them anyway.

Plus if they do go for big bucks to someone else then they have obviously don’t the business for us

Don’t fill the team with them. One or two at a time is plenty

That’s is absolutely spot if we can get a reputation for improving players and we can get 2 or 3 top quality loan players who are close to breaking into top EPL teams not just Liverpool who then contribute significantly every season for us at a low cost with no outlay then this is the way for us to go forward

That’s just the nature of the Loan system. We get a shot of future prospects that would be outwith our spending power & if successful, Liverpool get a player who is now sellable.

Yeah, although, we should be able to put some clause in there. If we are making these clubs like Liverpool richer by substantial sums like £10m etc, we should be getting a small % of that. Why not play our own youth than rather making someone else £10m.

Good luck to him but he would be way out of his depth in the EPL that’s for sure. A decent enough player but way to inconsistent.

All things being equal Kent should come to Rangers. Better bigger club where his career would develop much more. It's not the end of the world.
Given Tavs goals and assists compared to Kent, what does that make Tav and indeed Morelos worth?

Back