Aston villa sold a record number of season tickets

millar2318

And sold how many? 30,000, beating their previous best of 27,000 in 2008

I mean my god, some folk down south think villa and other clubs of their ilk are bigger than rangers.

Imagine how long the season ticket list would be if we ever played in the epl - I think we'd need the megabrox built pronto!

A lot of these clubs don't offer as many season tickets tho cos they will make more money off of tourists buying individual tickets, its a slightly skewed figure in that sense. Liverpool and Chelsea only sell 25k

I mean my god, some folk down south think villa and other clubs of their ilk are bigger than rangers.

Imagine how long the season ticket list would be if we ever played in the epl - I think we'd need the megabrox built pronto!
I gave you the like for “MEGABROX”. I’d love to see that!
Villa are a big club compared to Bournemouth, Southampton or Burnley, but none of those clubs or many above them, inspire the passion and desire more than Rangers. We are unique, and whilst everyone lumps us in with them, they are born of a desire to topple us, we are born of a desire to be the best and set the standards in football for fair play and play the game in the best of sporting traditions. Our quest for victory is done with honesty!

30,000 season ticket holders isn't to be sniffed at tbh, although obviously nowhere near us. What are the prices at Villa Park like?

I read on another thread about how big a club we are and how can it be explained.

How many Aston Villa bars are there in:

Las Americas, Los Cristianos, Magaluf, Albufeira, Lanzarote, Marmaris, Dubai, Toronto, Las Vegas, Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, Baku, Blackpool, Benidorm plus the dozens of destinations that I’ve missed (not including all over Scotland and Northern Ireland)

Last edited:
Dont mind the villa.

Proper fitba club unlike some of the other ‘new money’ english epl clubs.

I read on another thread about how big a club we are and how can it be explained.

How many Aston Villa bars are there in:

Las Americas, Los Cristianos, Magaluf, Albufeira, Lanzarote, Marmaris, Dubai, Toronto, Las Vegas, Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, Baku, Blackpool plus the dozens of destinations that I’ve missed (not including all over Scotland and Northern Ireland)
You missed the best one Benidorm.:)):cool:

A lot of these clubs don't offer as many season tickets tho cos they will make more money off of tourists buying individual tickets, its a slightly skewed figure in that sense. Liverpool and Chelsea only sell 25k
Eh? Quite obviously it isn’t capped.
They’ve just beaten their record by 3,000.

When our U19's played a pre season friendly v a lower league side years ago, I took my kids along for their first Rangers experience. As it was local ish to B/ham there were a few Villa ST holders there and they couldn't believe how many Bears were there or where we had all come from as one end of the ground was full up with all the RSC banners.
*Adopts B/ham accent
Bloody 'ell mite they've come from all over. Oondreds of 'em.

I’m sure it said on the radio they have 7,000 on a waiting list, so they’ve obviously held some back, plus need space for away fans. Good luck to them, but they’re no Glasgow Rangers.

Doesn't their ground only hold about 40k? Which means they probably cant sell much more than 30k anyway.

Good going. Don't think I've ever seen anyone try to claim they're a bigger club than us?

If I were a local fan I’d wouldn’t be too happy at the amount of tickets left for tourists. Why not just fill the stadium with local fans and create an atmosphere

Stop with this big nonsense and others calling opposition Diddy clubs. We are not in the EPL so get little world wide exposure.

When our U19's played a pre season friendly v a lower league side years ago, I took my kids along for their first Rangers experience. As it was local ish to B/ham there were a few Villa ST holders there and they couldn't believe how many Bears were there or where we had all come from as one end of the ground was full up with all the RSC banners.
*Adopts B/ham accent
Bloody 'ell mite they've come from all over. Oondreds of 'em.
Thanks for making me read the rest of the thread in a B/ham accent.

If where in the EPL playing Arsena, Liverpool, Man U, Man City, Chelsea, Tottenham. We would need a 60k all seater stadium and most would be ST sales.

Hi all, Villa fan here from Ireland. I recently saw this thread when searching online for season ticket info for Villa for next season. Just to update you all: season tickets are currently capped at 30,000 and the waiting list/membership is currently capped at 28,000 - if any of you are looking for tickets, you're gonna have to get behind me in the queue. Good luck for the rest of your season.

Hi all, Villa fan here from Ireland. I recently saw this thread when searching online for season ticket info for Villa for next season. Just to update you all: season tickets are currently capped at 30,000 and the waiting list/membership is currently capped at 28,000 - if any of you are looking for tickets, you're gonna have to get behind me in the queue. Good luck for the rest of your season.
Really? Dont want to doubt you too much but you've always had crowds in the 30s when the place held 40+. Ive been on the holte end and have a couple of good friends who are villa fans but you've always struck me as a bit of a funny club, Birmingham's the second city in England but you get nowhere near the attention of Liverpool/ Manchester -even Newcastle. Hope you stay up but youre nowhere near the size of Rangers.

Really? Dont want to doubt you too much but you've always had crowds in the 30s when the place held 40+. Ive been on the holte end and have a couple of good friends who are villa fans but you've always struck me as a bit of a funny club, Birmingham's the second city in England but you get nowhere near the attention of Liverpool/ Manchester -even Newcastle. Hope you stay up but youre nowhere near the size of Rangers.

Where did he say they were? What an odd thing to say.

If I were a local fan I’d wouldn’t be too happy at the amount of tickets left for tourists. Why not just fill the stadium with local fans and create an atmosphere
Villa park holds just short of 43,000, and they average 41,000, so even taking in to account segregation, there should be some tickets available.

I’m sure there was talk of them expanding their capacity recently, they’re the biggest club there but for the size of the city it’s surprising Birmingham doesn’t have a more illustrious football history - and I know Villa won the European Cup.

IMO we have too many ST's at Ibrox. The % is too high and this has a knock on effect as to why our atmosphere is so shite.

I know we have to sell as many as possible up front because of our finances, but ideally we'd have more areas of the ground not restricted to ST areas, where people and groups could gather to help freshen up the currently awful atmosphere.

The ST culture makes for a very sterile environment and had clearly taken its toll over the years.

Reactions: SSR
30k is decent for them.
Realistically what are they going to achieve? We sell season tickets on the basis we will genuinely challenge for trophies. Aston Villa sell tickets on the premise they might get the odd good result and a safe mid table finish. I genuinely dont see what there is enough of to be excited about that you would committ to every home game.

IMO we have too many ST's at Ibrox. The % is too high and this has a knock on effect as to why our atmosphere is so shite.

I know we have to sell as many as possible up front because of our finances, but ideally we'd have more areas of the ground not restricted to ST areas, where people and groups could gather to help freshen up the currently awful atmosphere.

The ST culture makes for a very sterile environment and had clearly taken its toll over the years.

I agree that the % is too high, but if anything it shows that really we simply need to invest in a larger stadium. With those kind of numbers we really want to have a 70k total capacity. I've no idea how we could afford it, but the demand is there to fill it and in any case I think the stadium is in need of a real upgrade to bring us into the 21st century.

Back