Aston Villa vs Leicester this Weekend

CooperBlu11

Rodgers vs Gerrard.

Remember the last time those two met ...

Dvlyxz2WoAAmFDn.jpg

It's funny.

I was pissed about the way Gerrard left, given the week we were all going through and his comments in his last interview, only for it to feel like he slipped away under darkness.

Now, given how much better the team is looking under a different manager? I don't really care about him anymore. Don't care if Villa win or lose. Pretty clear the team had adopted his own attitude and were just going through the motions, which is an indictment on him

Cheers for 55 and everything.

For all I was pissed when he left, and probably more so the way he did it, I’m quite confident that Gerrard will do on down there.

I would actually like to see him beat Leicester to be honest, although there is a part of me that hopes he gets absolutely leathered too, just because of the way he shafted us when he really didn’t need to leave when he did.

I suspect he will get a result against them, and show up Brenda again.

It's funny.

I was pissed about the way Gerrard left, given the week we were all going through and his comments in his last interview, only for it to feel like he slipped away under darkness.

Now, given how much better the team is looking under a different manager? I don't really care about him anymore. Don't care if Villa win or lose. Pretty clear the team had adopted his own attitude and were just going through the motions, which is an indictment on him

He's done us a favour,I like to think part of his reasoning was he knew things had went stale and didn't know how to change it

After 55 we were never for sacking him, so with him going it's given us a fresh start

It's probably worked out much better for us than if he had said he was leaving at the end of the season.

Hopefully their defeat to City was the start of the new manager bounce ending. Come on Leicester and whoever they’re playing for the rest of the season.

It's funny.

You think we're playing any better? I honestly don't think so. I'm happy we've won the three games, but I don't really think Gio's made his mark yet.

I find it absolutely absurd that some of us would want Leicester, managed by Brendan Rodgers, to win this one.

Yes, we all felt a bit let down by the manner in which Gerrard left, but chosing to support one of them is just weird in my head.

Because everyone knew what Brenda was and he never made himself out to be anything else and I guess it is more wanting the sneak out the back door lot to lose than anything else. The way you can compare them both now and the way in which they left speaks volumes about the real man that Gerrard is.

The EPL beyond the top 4 is a joke. Put together two or three wins and you’ll shoot up the table. 6 points seperate ten teams. 9 points, 13 teams. It’s not because it’s high drama or so competitive it’s basically because out with the top 4 and bottom 3/4 everyone else bog standard average. Mid table mediocrity in the epl is from 5th to 17th. Fair enough there’s huge prize money difference but Gerrards gone from a club that demands every throw in is won to one that’ll accept finishing 4th from bottom.

I find it absolutely absurd that some of us would want Leicester, managed by Brendan Rodgers, to win this one.

Yes, we all felt a bit let down by the manner in which Gerrard left, but chosing to support one of them is just weird in my head.
I find it weird that there is a weekly thread creaming themselves about a guy who f ucked off quarter way through the season for a no mark club who have won nothing for 25years.

It's funny.

Feel the same now.

Gerrard will win this

He had Rodgers number when he was here and I think he will continue that down south. (Edit: This is wrong, I thought he was manager for 1.5 years under Gerrard)

Gerrard is the better manager of the two, IMO. Rodgers just has experience on his side

Either way not arsed. Focus is on today and Rangers.

Last edited:
Probably the only game I'd like to see Villa win. Can't stick that fake tan wearing fan dan.

Because everyone knew what Brenda was and he never made himself out to be anything else and I guess it is more wanting the sneak out the back door lot to lose than anything else. The way you can compare them both now and the way in which they left speaks volumes about the real man that Gerrard is.

He absolutely did. He bigged himself up as Mr. Celtic, there for the ten, wanted to be a club legend etc. and then fcked off the first chance he got :))

Found it odd on SSN yesterday that the narrative was Gerrard was a new manager coming up against an old pro - 4 years into management is plenty experience

My thinking on this.
If Gerrard does well down there it could make folk in England think that maybe Scottish football isn't as bad as they thought. It can only help increase the value of our managers and players.

I've not forgiven him for leaving but i hope he does well.

I'll always thank Gerrard for winning 55 and that's the way I'd like to remember him, the sly way he left us at an important part of the season did anger me at that time now I'm over it, I can see the team has improved under Gio and will only get better in the future, something I don't think we would have done with Gerrard still in charge we were stagnant and honestly think we would have lost the title this season. Hope he goes on and has a great career, thanks for the memories but we are far bigger than him or Villa.

I hope Villa get pumped. Maybe one day I'll forgive him but in my own head, he's as bad as Naismith for me.

Remember admin it's only my opinion, so don't ban me for 3 days like the last time.
I totally agree. I hope Leicester humiliate Villa..

Wow, Pravda missed a trick not getting you on their books, mate

They played each other once winning one each...
That's not true is it? Gerrard was here for 3 full seasons, Lennon was in charge for 1.5 was he not (well, just under 1.5 If you count BJK but the season was over pretty much)? Leaving the other 1.5 Rodgers?

And the only game I can remember us being bad and deserving to lose was the first one - which was purely down to Gerrard setting us up to defend and he took stick for that and never done it again

That's not true is it? Gerrard was here for 3 full seasons, Lennon was in charge for 1.5 was he not (well, just under 1.5 If you count BJK but the season was over pretty much)? Leaving the other 1.5 Rodgers?

And the only game I can remember us being bad and deserving to lose was the first one - which was purely down to Gerrard setting us up to defend and he took stick for that and never done it again
SG arrived in June 18, Rodgers bolted in Feb 19.

SG arrived in June 18, Rodgers bolted in Feb 19.
So lennon was in charge for 2.5 seasons almost? Jesus

I genuinely didn't think it was that long. I thought it was just the half season he took over then the season we won 55.

I'm blaming the covid season. It's fucked my timelines :p

If gio is successful, he will go elsewhere as well, we just have to enjoy these top guys managing us while they are here, we are a massive club but we are in a shitty tinpot league. I don't blame Gerrard in the slightest, his focus had shifted this season no doubt about it but he did what we craved,,, win the title !!

It’s genuinely creepy how much of a focus Gerrard is for some people still.

We’ve won the first 3 under GVB and I don’t know what more it will take before some people stop talking about SG losing his first game, SG being nominated for MOTM, SG taking on Rodgers…

I couldn't care less about this game. I have no particular emotions about either side or their managers.

I hope Villa lose every game they play and I don’t care who it is against. Won’t be losing any sleep over it through.

People saying it’s better that SG has left the building should perhaps wait a few months. The biggest part of his success was the back-room team and all the little details that went into our peparations. It will take several months, minimum, before we see a regression (if any) in that respect - and new manages typically arrive with a temporary boost in performance from the squad.

The bottom line is that under GVB and his team we simply don’t know if we have better setup, or a lesser setup than to what we had. It’s far too early to call that result. My money would be against it being better as I always felt Gerrard was in many ways carried by the team surrounding him - but that the respect he carried from being Stevie Gerrard was an important factor in his success. Combined with his back-room team we simply looked better coached and prepared than the tims. We will see if we still see that at the end of the season.

I’m over Gerrard leaving us in the manner that he did. Took a while :))

So as a former Rangers manager who brought us success, I wish him all the best and hope Villa thrash Leicester.
I’m not over it yet but I’ll get there.

Regardless, it’s an ex Rangers manager vs one of theirs. Easy decision in all honesty, UTV.

It's funny.

That's almost the stage I'm at. Still pretty angry about how it panned out. The worst is that he said the same things to Villa that he said to us which is probably naive on my part but still cuts into some of the memories for me.

The turnaround has been much better than anyone could have expected so far and I think long term we are looking much, much better for the switch. Right now I'm grudgingly accepting that it would be good for Rangers if Gerrard is a success at Villa.

Back