Aston Villa vs Leicester this Weekend

Think Villa will do them and good luck to him.

SG leaving and in the manner was not right BUT we are better off for it.

I think it was time for him to leave as we looked in doubt of moving forward this season and we could have finished this season in a worse place handing the advantage back to them.

I’ve said this previously in a post - he left, we got a manager we can and are proud off and actually can see us finishing very strong, so all in all for me, thanks for what you gave us SG and I wish you all the best.

If he hadn’t left at that moment we might not have got Gio - think about that!!!

We move on in a very good place that’s what we need to remember!

It's funny.

I was pissed about the way Gerrard left, given the week we were all going through and his comments in his last interview, only for it to feel like he slipped away under darkness.

Now, given how much better the team is looking under a different manager? I don't really care about him anymore. Don't care if Villa win or lose. Pretty clear the team had adopted his own attitude and were just going through the motions, which is an indictment on him

Cheers for 55 and everything.

Was boring my missus with this last night as well. The annoyance, disappointment and bitterness of seeing those reports come through that he was off soon disappeared as soon as we all seen Gio in his manager's suit guiding the team to 3 win out of 3 - it is fascinating how your allegiance to someone else can switch so quickly once you see them in Rangers attire.

Jamie Carragher had a clip of Gerrard's interview with him, to be shown tomorrow on Sky Sports, on his Instagram and my first thought was 'Oh, aye, remember he was Rangers manger' B-D

People saying it’s better that SG has left the building should perhaps wait a few months. The biggest part of his success was the back-room team and all the little details that went into our peparations. It will take several months, minimum, before we see a regression (if any) in that respect - and new manages typically arrive with a temporary boost in performance from the squad.

The bottom line is that under GVB and his team we simply don’t know if we have better setup, or a lesser setup than to what we had. It’s far too early to call that result. My money would be against it being better as I always felt Gerrard was in many ways carried by the team surrounding him - but that the respect he carried from being Stevie Gerrard was an important factor in his success. Combined with his back-room team we simply looked better coached and prepared than the tims. We will see if we still see that at the end of the season.
Gerrard looks very much like someone who has a 5-10 year plan, and that we had outlived the early part of it. For some reason I'm not sure he is making his own decisions, I can see him and a group of advisors trying to plot his every move to his ultimate goal.

We found out Stevie G's true colours in little over a week, he'll end up a managerial maverick, chasing a dream that will never materialise. Living down South I've been asked on numerous occasions now, what do you think regrading Gerrard leaving Rangers. My reply is constant, will always be thankful to him for bringing us 55 and stopping their fantasy 10iar, but as far as he as a person is concerned, have no time what so ever for him now.

Hope Leicester find their form today, Vardy for a hat trick and Villa to get pumped.

I'm not bitter btw.;):)

Like most on here I suppose, I was slightly pissed at the timing of Gerrard's departure from Ibrox. But looking at the Villa v Man City game the other night - that provided some excellent football played by top class players in front of a full house - you can hardly blame SG for bailing out. His decision is all the more understandable when you consider how dire the SPL is, a league in which a game was just played between Hibs and Rangers - two of its top sides - in front of a sparsely attended Easter Road, that provided little by way of skill or entertainment.

Some people want a ex scum manager to beat a ex Rangers manager who stopped them getting ten in a row and left us in a great place??

Aye ok then.

It's funny.

I was pissed about the way Gerrard left, given the week we were all going through and his comments in his last interview, only for it to feel like he slipped away under darkness.

Now, given how much better the team is looking under a different manager? I don't really care about him anymore. Don't care if Villa win or lose. Pretty clear the team had adopted his own attitude and were just going through the motions, which is an indictment on him

Cheers for 55 and everything.
Excellent post mate, exactly how I feel. Was gutted at the time but I am more confident in us winning the league with our new management team.
Cheers for 55

Gerrard done a great job for us on and off the field. I’m not particularly bothered about his career from now but I will certainly cheer him against an ex-yahoo.

Gerrard will win this

He had Rodgers number when he was here and I think he will continue that down south.

Gerrard is the better manager of the two, IMO. Rodgers just has experience on his side

Either way not arsed. Focus is on today and Rangers.
He beat rodgers once and lost once. He didn't have his number at all.

Like most on here I suppose, I was slightly pissed at the timing of Gerrard's departure from Ibrox. But looking at the Villa v Man City game the other night - that provided some excellent football played by top class players in front of a full house - you can hardly blame SG for bailing out. His decision is all the more understandable when you consider how dire the SPL is, a league in which a game was just played between Hibs and Rangers - two of its top sides - in front of a sparsely attended Easter Road, that provided little by way of skill or entertainment.
At this stage I honestly wonder why you still watch Rangers.

Some people want a ex scum manager to beat a ex Rangers manager who stopped them getting ten in a row and left us in a great place??

Aye ok then.
No, I just want Leicester the football club to beat Steven Gerrard, just like I wanted the other clubs to beat him and his team. For me, it's got nothing to do with Rodgers.

Do think he'll stuff rodgers' Leicester side tomo though
Agree

Could be just cause Gerrard managed us and i'm looking at it with blue tinted glasses on but I genuinely would pick Gerrard over Rodgers if I was to pick a new manager. Gerrard and his backroom team is better than Rodgers IMO.

Put it this way, I don't think Rodgers would have won us 55 and rebuild us like Gerrard did. In fairness to him, on the flip side we might not have collapsed in January both years prior under Rodgers due to his experience.

It's nothing of the sort, mate, ffs. Folk are genuinely entitled to be still irked at a high profile, popular manager leaving us in the manner he did, amongst the lies and deceit.

Nah, you have to let it go I think. Move on. I don’t see what good it is to keep obsessing over Gerrard.

Nah, you have to let it go I think. Move on. I don’t see what good it is to keep obsessing over Gerrard.
Not obsessing, mate, I agree there, but eff all wrong with being still slightly let down. Some us still put a lot of faith in someone's word being their bond.

It's time to let it go.
Imagine going through the worst divorce ever and then you start dating a celebrity.
That's basically what happened with Gerrard.
He did us proud, but the endless threads on Villa are cringeworthy.

Rodgers vs Gerrard.

Remember the last time those two met ...

Dvlyxz2WoAAmFDn.jpg

The Rat-ico

Gerrard v Rodgers. The Battle Of the Deserters. Used to get the firing squad for that in WW1!

Villa are my English side, and I was there they won the Cl, but my loyalty to Rangers still hopes he loses, nah, I'll settle for a draw.

You think we're playing any better? I honestly don't think so. I'm happy we've won the three games, but I don't really think Gio's made his mark yet.
He’s steadied the ship.
We might not still be 4 points clear had Gerrard was still at Ibrox. Timing was bad, but would have been worse if he stayed longer.
Wish him every success in England

I find it absolutely absurd that some of us would want Leicester, managed by Brendan Rodgers, to win this one.

Yes, we all felt a bit let down by the manner in which Gerrard left, but chosing to support one of them is just weird in my head.
Is it ok for me to want Jock Wallaces old side to win?

Thankfully my fondness for Rangers people far exceeds what I feel for any tramp who has any connection to the filth in the east end.

It's Jock Wallace's old side.
So you want Rodgers to triumph over Gerrard? Is that right? Strange, and completely contradicts what you just said

So you want Rodgers to triumph over Gerrard? Is that right? Strange, and completely contradicts what you just said
I never said I wanted either of them to win.
Simply asked if it was ok to want Jocks old side to win.

Couldn't give a Shit about Villa pre Gerrard.
Still Couldn't give a Shit about Villa.
That goes for Leicester as well.

Couldn't give a Shit about Villa pre Gerrard.
Still Couldn't give a Shit about Villa.
That goes for Leicester as well.
It's funny people desperately trying to paint it as a Rangers v celtc thing when we're talking about two managers who treated both sides with utter contempt.

I want SG to do well, not because I particularly care for his career but because it reflects well on Scottish football and Rangers in particular, making it easier to persuade high-profile people to make the move from England in the future.

Hope SG does well for them, he will probably win the game against Leicester and I can see them finishing top half, they’ve got a good squad.

Back