At the end of the day, we are only 2 points behind the them.

100% spot on.

People think they are super fans because they always back the team and see the positives without realism.

2 fucking points from 12 in 4 away games as Rangers is not acceptable. I really wish we would wake up and realise we are 6th in the SPL!
The “I’ll support them until the last kick” brigade really grind my gears. Head in the sand with no concept of what’s in front of them

Some fans made up stats similar to this last season, bemoaning that we were something like eighth after five games.
Of course, stats are only really okay when you look at what contributed to them.
Am I sugar coating this?
I don’t think so.
The facts remain.
This is a new bunch of players playing under a new manager for a new employer.
It takes time to get it right.
Are we really so desperate to paint it black that we’ll overlook events at Pittodrie?
Today was an abomination, no doubt about it but even after this absolutely dreadful start to the season, we remain only two points behind the team that most believe will be our main challengers.
We can talk of Hearts being top and so they’re the team we need to look at but, does anybody really believe they’ll maintain this excellent start?
Will you be betting on them?
People calling for "cool heads" and the like have got to be joking - surely we can all agree that today was absolutely horrific - a really deflating defeat. The type of performance that I really thought was behind us - where on earth did it come from?

Livi weren't even as physical as was predicted by many, including me & despite all the talk about them being a direct high ball team, they scored by cutting us open on the deck (even although we had 8 players in the box), were very comfortable throughout & never looked like losing.

Other than Kent (& McGregor for a couple of saves) it's hard to give anyone anywhere near pass marks today IMO, and that includes the management team. Where was Candeias playing? What was Morelos doing out on each wing? Why were Goldson & Worrall being outjumped by midgets? Why was Barasic looking like a rabbit caught in the headlights? Why was our build up so slow & laboured? Why were we no threat at all at corners?

The management team & the players have produced some great stuff up to now but today was hugely concerning - we really did need to win that game to keep the momentum going IMO.
If that was Murty in the dugout today this board would be full of insults like “zip-chewer”, U20s coach etc. it was a Murty performance

Away league form, AWAY league results, that is the horror stats.

We have been brilliant in Europe in qualifying for the group stages considering where we've been for the past seven odd years and to get a result in Spain to one of their best teams was an outstanding result.

We are in the semi final of the league cup and our league performances at Ibrox have been great.

Get it sorted out away from home in the league and we're there!

Is that a wee bit too simple?

Two points behind a team who FF were laughing at for being shite, a manager under pressure who had lost the dressing room...

Yet they are still 2 ahead of us and if they find any form and consistency, then they will leave us behind.

Time to get our own house in order before looking at any one else. We are 8 behind Hearts after 7 games and play them next in the league.

If that was Murty in the dugout today this board would be full of insults like “zip-chewer”, U20s coach etc. it was a Murty performance
It was.
Difference is that it was a regular performance under Murty.
If it becomes a regular performance under Gerrard, he’ll deserve Murty level criticism.

100% spot on.

People think they are super fans because they always back the team and see the positives without realism.

2 fucking points from 12 in 4 away games as Rangers is not acceptable. I really wish we would wake up and realise we are 6th in the SPL!
I wish people would realise it’s seven games into a thirty eight game programme.
I know it’s two from twelve but are we ready to bin the credible performance at the sheep just because we didn’t win?
Everything in the garden is far from rosy but throwing in the towel so soon is unacceptable.

Concentrate on ourselves. They are mince but our away results have been poor though not helped by cowardly refs at times.

The truth is if we can win this league cup our season has been a great success .

I set Gerrard a target of win 1 cup , finish second in the league , and get by 2 maybe 3 rounds in Europe .

Europe is already ticked and way exceeded expectations .

We are just two wins away from that crucial first real cup win in 7 years .

We cannot win the league and anyone who thought we could has hopefully after yesterday calmed down to reality.

Next season we win the league .

They are going to drop more points, Hearts will also, it's how we react now, that matters. As disappointing as the result was today, we are well in contention and hopefully lessons have be learnt and will be addressed.

Thursday can't come quick enough, let's see what our team is really made of.......

And just keep in mind, what might have been. We are in a far better place than that result today would suggest.

WATP.
For the 1st season in years, I'm genuinely more interested in our points than theirs. By that I mean I think we have the team and manager to win the league. We are underperforming away from home but it is in our own hands to win this league. This needs addressed as a point of urgency.
Yes, Steven Gerrard needs to stick as best he can with the same team and formation but he is the man to drive us on.
We are miles ahead of where we expected to be in the grand scheme of things.

If we lose to Hearts next week Gerrard is going to feel some serious pressure. 11 points behind is too far to come back from I’d fear and the knives would be out

You can see the knives are out already with all this talk of “unacceptable “.

Some might not understand the true meaning of it but others will and in any walk of life unacceptable means you have to go. Either immediately or with the next error made.

Take Europe out of the equation where it seems to me we have played some very average teams going by results against them v results in the league
We have 11 points from a possible 21
That’s far below any expectations we should have and far below acceptable.

Osijek sit 3rd in the Croatian league and Maribor are top and running away with the Slovenian league. Average perhaps in general standards but from where we've been, they're a step above what we're currently playing in Scotland. Theres a lot more league football still to be played and we're 1 game away from a cup final.

The problem about that is they are going through the worst period in .The last 2 years and once again we aren't capitalising on it. They will start picking up points going forward now.

Every game is a must win for us.

Osijek sit 3rd in the Croatian league and Maribor are top and running away with the Slovenian league. Average perhaps in general standards but from where we've been, they're a step above what we're currently playing in Scotland. Theres a lot more league football still to be played and we're 1 game away from a cup final.

You can only look upon it after recent results.
We performed really well (or so it seemed at the time) to get through the qualifiers

But now when you look at the overall picture it makes you wonder, I’m not for one minute suggesting Livingston are better than anyone we’ve faced. But it seems to me we raise our game in Europe and are incapable of it away from home in the league

We have 11 points from 7 games - 2 points from a possible 12 away points. We can’t beat Livingston. We can forget about the league.

Very sadly I 100% agree and the manager and his team need to answer questions. He is not above this just because he’s who he is. Must have the same level of scrutiny as Pedro and Warburton.

Fair enough point , but we should have more points ( about 4 at the very least more ) . And tbf we have had the harder start to the season

First four games of the season three away from home, I remember all those shouting about that very fact, about the computer was set up for them, how we had never met them so early in the season, and away from home into the bargain, we lost yesterday, shit happens, we regroup and play on Thursday again, we get the Livi. game out of our system, and move forward.

Our strongest available 11 must start in the league week in, week out.

If changes are to be made, make them in Europe. The league should be our priority.

Some bed wetters on here, there are only seven games gone! One bad defeat and we have gone from being a side capable of winning this league, to a team who might struggle to get second? :rolleyes:

Back