At what point do we call out referees

After a win by the sound of waht the gaffer was saying

Gerrard: "I don't think it was a red, it was a yellow - but the officials missed a blatant handball & I believe Morelos' goal should have stood. They're two incidents that need to be looked at. After a win, the time's right to say we need better officiating in those situations."

The time has passed.

The refs are running scared to give decisions that could be seen to be to our benefit due to the impending backlash if they should actually get one wrong, they err on the side off less critical caution.

The time has passed.

The refs are running scared to give decisions that could be seen to be to our benefit due to the impending backlash if they should actually get one wrong, they err on the side off less critical caution.
I wouldn't say Clancy was running scared last December

The crowd today probably reflects the fans feelings of being cheated. The club couldn't care less.

The crowd today reflects the reorganisation of a game at 24 hours notice. As for the club not caring, Michael Beale is serving a ban for calling out Clancy, Gerrard called out poor decisions today.

I couldn’t manage today but having just seen the highlights, it’s clear the officials were as bad as usual. The handball decision he is looking right at is an abject failure to apply the laws of the game, he definitely saw it. The Morelos offside is not even close and the coverage angles are inconclusive on Kamberi’s. Even if that was off, it should have been 2/3-0 and even had that volley gone in at the end it wouldn’t have mattered, shows the small margins.

Celtic on the other hand get away with a clear push in the lead up to their first goal.

Can anyone locate the thread on here that gave the statistics about the association that all the current officials came through ..
I'm sure it said that they had all came through the same one ..
I could do with a closer look at it , if anyone knows what I'm on about :))

We will just continue to take it right up the jacksy, move along nothing to see here, and at season ticket time ,a few sound bites .... Sleep , Eat, Repeat.

What does calling them out achieve? Will it change anything? No it won’t. Behind the scenes we need to address it but I would love someone to tell me what a statement would achieve.

A statement, in itself, would achieve nothing, but here is what the Club need to do, and it ain't difficult.

1. Call a Media Conference
2. Have a Rangers director warmly welcome the attendees, and promise them that this will be one of the most informative and participative ones they have ever attended. Have, in attendance, a retired referee, from another country, whose integrity can not be questioned, sitting at the top table.
3. Run a video of (say) 20 of the "honest mistakes" which have all been to our detriment.
4. Then re-run them, pausing at the end of each one, inviting any attendees to agree with the referee, and explain why.
5. The silence will be deafening.
6. Invite the guest ref's analysis.
7. Then total the points this has cost us this season.
8. Then make the most powerful, impassioned plea for them all to question just what sort of regime and competition is being run in Scotland, concluding that "for the future of the game, those responsible need to be removed, the cheating has to stop, and a level playing field introduced for the benefit of all clubs, and the reputation of our game internationally."

Not difficult, is it?

A statement, in itself, would achieve nothing, but here is what the Club need to do, and it ain't difficult.

1. Call a Media Conference
2. Have a Rangers director warmly welcome the attendees, and promise them that this will be one of the most informative and participative ones they have ever attended. Have, in attendance, a retired referee, from another country, whose integrity can not be questioned, sitting at the top table.
3. Run a video of (say) 20 of the "honest mistakes" which have all been to our detriment.
4. Then re-run them, pausing at the end of each one, inviting any attendees to agree with the referee, and explain why.
5. The silence will be deafening.
6. Invite the guest ref's analysis.
7. Then total the points this has cost us this season.
8. Then make the most powerful, impassioned plea for them all to question just what sort of regime and competition is being run in Scotland, concluding that "for the future of the game, those responsible need to be removed, the cheating has to stop, and a level playing field introduced for the benefit of all clubs, and the reputation of our game internationally."

Not difficult, is it?

This should have been done months ago . . . there was sufficient evidence then, but since Pittodrie at the start of December, it has been absolutely criminal.

As an aside, Willie Collum is not the worst. Okay, his Linesman got it wrong in the League Cup Final, but at least he gave us a penalty, and it ain't his fault that Fwather Forthter was having the game of his life that day. But since then, Cheatin' Beaton, Clancy, Madden, Robertson, Dallas, among others, have committed fraud.

Last edited:
I’ve said before that it’ll end in people not renewing season tickets. Perhaps then the club might grow a pair.

Back