At what point was Morelos’ stock at its highest?

Gazrfc

Just thinking all sorts because there’s f all else to do,

At what point of the season I.e After what particular game do you think Buffalos value was at it peak?

for me it was after the feyenoord away game after his 2 belters of heeders! was in the dam for that game and place went mental!

Probably January mate. Top scorer Europa and carving up the SPFL. Still expect decent cash for him when he goes though.

Still got to be worth £15 million minimum. Weight, temperament and private issues have fųcked him but still hoping for £20 million.

Sad but true. Hope it's wrong
Think we all hope that mate but with the way things are right now worldwide I honestly don’t see Alfie playing for us again, he will be away in the summer and can’t imagine there will be much if any football played before then.

If the transfer window was open right after Feyenoord away we could have got £25m for him easily.

Between that game and January he had 2 silly sending offs and a missed penalty in the LC final that knocked his confidence a bit. That being said, he still scored a few goals in December and we could still have fetched a similar fee in the January window.

Probably in our minds. In modern football, if clubs want a player they generally get them. Particularly one from scotland.

I think scouts see things in his game that posed a big risk. Hence the lack of concrete bids.

The 90th minute against the beggars, after the sending off it has totally spiralled down the way. This lay off may give him space to reset his mindset and his best is yet to come.

Thought his goal at home to Porto would have had him in alot of scopes, on top of the goals he had already scored in the campaign.

A split second before he got stupidly sent off at the Piggery. I'm not rewriting history and this is said with the benefit of hindsight (we all would have rebelled if he'd been sold in January) but imho there's absolutely no way back for him. We've trusted him but his attitude has cost us a meaningful crack at the league two years in a row. Unforgivable.

A split second before he got stupidly sent off at the Piggery. I'm not rewriting history and this is said with the benefit of hindsight (we all would have rebelled if he'd been sold in January) but imho there's absolutely no way back for him. We've trusted him but his attitude has cost us a meaningful crack at the league two years in a row. Unforgivable.
With you all the way Copperhead. He can't be trusted and is a huffy we kunt.

That late October through to the end of November period.

scored in 4 European games in a row with both feet and his head

two goals in the semi final against hearts

scored pretty much every league game he played (Defoe started a few in that period as we were resting Alfie for Europe)

First reply as usual nails it. Only went one way after that game the next day.
I’ll disagree. In spite of the red versus the papas on the 29th, he played well. We had the break and came back with him suspended. Right up to his first game back his stock was high. All this “first post nails it” pish doesn’t work here.

I’ll disagree. In spite of the red versus the papas on the 29th, he played well. We had the break and came back with him suspended. Right up to his first game back his stock was high. All this “first post nails it” pish doesn’t work here.
All about opinions mate, you seem to be the only one on the thread with that opinion, a lot are even saying before that game. Yes you could argue up until 90+5 mins against the mentally challengeds but anything after that is nonsense. Even at Motherwell away a few weeks before he was showing signs of his old ways.

All players market value will drop significantly.

I can see no one moving in the summer tbh

Probably the morning of the LCF. He tried hard that day but hit an awful penalty and lost the head afterwards to the extent he should have been taken off.

The elephant in the room is that for all his stock was high with us it never really was with anyone else.

I think we will find that clubs transfer budgets will be slashed due to the economic damage of the a Pandemic. Form aside (which has been shocking recently), I don’t think the previous valuations apply now, which is depressing in itself.

it’s a big IF but if we could get 8 figures, I would take what we can get for him and use the money to rebuild.

November/December 2019 - without question. He appeared to have gotten over the petulance and was putting everything into his football. Morelos was amazing for Rangers in the first half of the season.
Scoring goals in the Europa League was getting positive attention outside of Glasgow.

Even now, I shake my head at him not just taking the shot at goal in the last minute at the Piggery. A goal was there to be had. I know he had just been elbowed off the ball a few minutes earlier but I wish he had just shrugged that off and looked for revenge through a goal.

Hindsight in current form Jan would have been a good time to sell him from a ££ point of view but we would have been apoplectic if that had happened. Short term i can see transfer fees taking a hit and movement off players slow down. Can we afford to spend another £7-£10m without cashing in on some assets? i'm not sure, will we get pre coronavirus market value? probably not.

No one is really sure what will happen I can't see huge movement from many teams this summer in general players as well will want stability

Back