Atakayi

Kny

Official Ticketer
is he good enough for some game time this season? Is he ready?

Are any of the younger boys?

Surely Murty must be considering it.

He’s one that’s coming up to now or never time as far as being brought up.

We are very reluctant to ever pull the trigger on young talent.

I would say so yes ,

We would be as well shutting Auchenhowie for the amount of good it’s done us and poaching 18-20 year olds from other teams.

Given our financial situation, we have to develop young talent. I think for many years, the structure wasn't correct. Now it appears to be operating correctly.

Best case scenario, we'll get 2 maybe 3 players coming into the first team squad every season.

McCrorie and Barjonas that’s about it for the last 5 season’s .

If anyone was half good enough they would get a game as we are terrible.

Auchenhowie has been on the go for over 20 years we got good money for Hutton tell me anyone else ?

McCrorie and Barjonas that’s about it for the last 5 season’s .

If anyone was half good enough they would get a game as we are terrible.

Auchenhowie has been on the go for over 20 years we got good money for Hutton tell me anyone else ?
McKay? Macleod?

Mc

McKay came from Kille and we got 600,000 for
Macleod who’s been injured just about since he left us .

Most of the other teams in the SPL bring through decent kids and half of them have no training ground .
It's easier at clubs where there are fewer expectations and they can make mistakes.

Look at that young kid that Hearts have just brought through!

You know, the one that we let go for not being good enough.

It’s fraught with danger anyway blooding Youth.

Remember the hyping of what’s his face that Celtic stole from us and was then destined for greatness.

Can’t get a game for Hibs and his name escapes me.

Atakayi played in finnish top flight at age of 15 and done well by all accounts so why not give him a chance to see what he can do and maybe like mccrorie he can grab his chance .what has murty got to lose as the players he has are not cutting it so playing atakayi and possibly unearthing a jem is worth the risk in my opinion

Mc

McKay came from Kille and we got 600,000 for
Macleod who’s been injured just about since he left us .

Most of the other teams in the SPL bring through decent kids and half of them have no training ground .
He was 15 when he came, maybe even 14.

I am not sure where you are going with this, he came feom our youth academy to our first team - i never mentioned anything about where we got them from?

Reactions: Mez
He was 15 when he came, maybe even 14.

I am not sure where you are going with this, he came feom our youth academy to our first team - i never mentioned anything about where we got them from?

McKay was 16-17 when we got him so he has most of his coaching before we got him.

Do you think Auchenhowie has been a succes ?
It looks like a massive white elephant too me .

Atakayi played in finnish top flight at age of 15 and done well by all accounts so why not give him a chance to see what he can do and maybe like mccrorie he can grab his chance .what has murty got to lose as the players he has are not cutting it so playing atakayi and possibly unearthing a jem is worth the risk in my opinion

I actually thought he might have given him a run out yesterday, given the type of surface we were playing on.

McKay was 16-17 when we got him so he has most of his coaching before we got him.

Do you think Auchenhowie has been a succes ?
It looks like a massive white elephant too me .

How can a training ground be a white elephant?

It's bricks and mortar with some football pitches outside.

The youth development comes from investment and the right people, something that hopefully our director of football is going to sort out.

Reactions: Mez
I’ve spoke with a dad of a kid who played with youths
So he’s seen a lot of games
An he said mcrorie is performing at a higher standard for the top team than what he did for the youths
So you never know how they’d handle the step up
Some kick on some won’t
Defo deserve a chance

How can a training ground be a white elephant?

It's bricks and mortar with some football pitches outside.

The youth development comes from investment and the right people, something that hopefully our director of football is going to sort out.

It’s been a complete waste of money with no returns hasn’t helped the first team either.

I would say so yes ,

We would be as well shutting Auchenhowie for the amount of good it’s done us and poaching 18-20 year olds from other teams.

I had to laugh when I read about how great it was to get £500,000 for Billy Gilmour. The argument being we made a profit on him and that justifies our youth academy. What about all the others we make nothing on year after year after year. McCrorie could be the exception.

Given our financial situation, we have to develop young talent. I think for many years, the structure wasn't correct. Now it appears to be operating correctly.

Best case scenario, we'll get 2 maybe 3 players coming into the first team squad every season.

We've been hearing this for years. A "conveyor belt of talent". Ha ha ha.

I had to laugh when I read about how great it was to get £500,000 for Billy Gilmour. The argument being we made a profit on him and that justifies our youth academy. What about all the others we make nothing on year after year after year. McCrorie could be the exception.

Its a pamper facility for pampered players that need a hard boot up the arse i would have them back down at places like Gullane and make them train on public parks as its doing no good what so ever a waste of millions every year.

We are not getting the return for the money spent on the youth academy.

I don’t think the cost of running it and what we get in return is worth it.

We seem to produce mostly mediocre players. Maybe they are pampered too much and that’s why they don’t have the hunger that some other youngsters have from other clubs.

With the resources spent we should be producing at least a couple of players a year for the first team squad. It isn’t happening

He’s one that’s coming up to now or never time as far as being brought up.

We are very reluctant to ever pull the trigger on young talent.

Be we as a support expect anyone coming through to never make a mistake and be the finished article.

We suck at allowing the youngsters to bed in sadly.

Back