Atalanta

Sasa’s Shin Guards

Without doubt along with us the most improved / surprising team in Europe this season. Their district has been decimated by Covid but their performances in the Chanpions League this season have exceeded the bookies and no doubt their own expectations. Just goes to show with a well drilled team all fighting for the same thing that you don’t need to spend €100 million on players year in year out. I accept they’re not going to do anything like this season’s achievements year in year out but It gives clubs like ours hope.

So disappointed for them, an astonishing season, but that's calcio.

They may wear black and blue, but they ain't Inter (or the Rangers :)))

Only caught the backend of their game this evening due to our game but even watching only a short time I was gutted for them losing.

Then I remembered we had another convincing victory tonight and got over it.

They have some superb players one that stands out is Alejandro Gomez he’s exactly what we miss sometimes ( out our range he plays for Argentina )

Also , Love this story about them. A really good club.

They overachieved and can be proud of themselves. Probably there only crack at it as can see them losing players and other teams getting better.

Still dont think PSG are any great shakes and would be surprised if they got past Atletico in next round.

When the CL draw was done, I thought Atalanta were the best shout for a shock, given PSG's fragility at times.

Considering their budgets, they've done an amazing job getting to the Quarter Finals as well as being competitive with exciting football in Serie A.

PSG very reliant on Mbappe being fit. I can see Atletico beating them.

Bergamo has only 125,000 population. Atalanta did so well.

A wage bill around £25m less than Celtic’s and roughly around what we pay - it’s depressing to read that when you see the football they play.

One of the few modern situations where a coach has genuinely improved every one of his (very small) squad and fits his several formations around the players available.

The guy is a genius.

Without doubt along with us the most improved / surprising team in Europe this season. Their district has been decimated by Covid but their performances in the Chanpions League this season have exceeded the bookies and no doubt their own expectations. Just goes to show with a well drilled team all fighting for the same thing that you don’t need to spend €100 million on players year in year out. I accept they’re not going to do anything like this season’s achievements year in year out but It gives clubs like ours hope.

Thought they’ve been terrific for past couple of seasons Their best since promotion.

Don’t think they’ve exceeded expectations by the bookies really, were 2nd favs to qualify from their group behind City who whacked them 5-1 and were clear favs home and away v Valencia. Last night they were even under 5/2 to win in 90.

They outscored every side in Serie A in 18/19 as well.

Last edited:
Don’t think they’ve exceeded expectations by the bookies really, were 2nd favs to qualify from their group behind City who whacked them 5-1 and were clear favs home and away v Valencia. Last night they were even under 5/2 to win in 90.

They outscored every side in Serie A in 18/19 as well.

You don’t think they exceeded expectations?

I was gutted for them last night. Good team to watch and just ran out of steam at the end of that game.

I wanted them to make it extra time for a breather and a chance to regroup.

I was gutted for them last night. Good team to watch and just ran out of steam at the end of that game.

I wanted them to make it extra time for a breather and a chance to regroup.
Watched the end of their game last night. The guy up front looked done and another 30 minutes would probably ended in the same result or worse. They have been a breath of fresh air this season and I hope they can carry on this form for the coming season

You don’t think they exceeded expectations?

No, had to finish top 2 in Group to qualify - ahead of Dynamo Zagreb and Shakhtar and then knockout an average Valencia side. Went in to PSG full of confidence. Did well but not a huge surprise - bookies prices reflected them pretty accurately all season I would say.

Back