Atletico Madrid bottling it?

Great manager
Who’s he going to next?
Spurs?
Currently must be one of the longest serving managers around, doing an unbelievable job! I don't see Kloop leaving Liverpool anytime soon but if he did he's one they'd look at

Quite possibly not mate! But I don't think they'll be looking at Gerrard, yet, if Kloop did move on
I agree mate, I think they’ll be someone in before the gaffer. The again, can see Klopp sticking it out for a few years.

Simeone is on £50m per year, Liverpool are know as being relatively frugal so I really can’t see them paying anything close to that.

Fantastic result tonight for Atletico. Massive game next weekend against Real. If they can win that game they have a great chance of winning the league.

Very fortunate tonight. Villarreal dominated large spells and somehow just couldn’t score which also bust me for a coupon (BTTS)

I reckon Madrid will win it but they’re a horrible side to watch.

All of their talent yet set up so defensively to grind out wins. If I was a fan I’d be expecting more in terms of performance. They’ve played this way for years under Simeone, defensively and hope to nick a goal or 2 and defend.

I agree mate, I think they’ll be someone in before the gaffer. The again, can see Klopp sticking it out for a few years.

Simeone is on £50m per year, Liverpool are know as being relatively frugal so I really can’t see them paying anything close to that.
Does that make him the most expensive on the planet?

I've watched a lot of their recent games and they've been pretty poor. They've had to rely a lot of the time on late goals. Opposition has control of the ball for most of the game. Their tactic seems to be to play Suarez on the shoulder of the last defender and punt it long to him. Their expected goals count is usually lower than the opposition's. They often get out of jail in La Liga but they were absolutely dire against Chelsea mid-week: it was hard to put into words just how bad they were.

Still, I'm absolutely desperate to see them win the league. Anything that offers up an alternative to the Madrid/Barca duopoly has my backing.

I've watched a lot of their recent games and they've been pretty poor. They've had to rely a lot of the time on late goals. Opposition has control of the ball for most of the game. Their tactic seems to be to play Suarez on the shoulder of the last defender and punt it long to him. Their expected goals count is usually lower than the opposition's. They often get out of jail in La Liga but they were absolutely dire against Chelsea mid-week: it was hard to put into words just how bad they were.

Still, I'm absolutely desperate to see them win the league. Anything that offers up an alternative to the Madrid/Barca duopoly has my backing.

A big loss has been injuries / suspensions to their two full backs mate. Trippier at right back and Carrasco at left wing back have been excellent, but not only that it’s meant moving Llorente to right back which takes him out of the midfield. He’s by some distance their best attacking midfielder, not sure why a club the size of Athletico don’t have a replacement right back mind you.
The old Athletic game of getting the first goal and seeing it out has mostly went out of the window recently, losing the first goal regularly and having to chase games, which is alien to them.
Hope they hold on though, even if it’s just to break the monotony of Barca / Real.

Atletico not Athletico! Pet hate!

Simeone is only on that much because of the Chinese Stadium deal really. He wouldn’t expect that elsewhere and took a 70% pay cut during the start of corona I think, he’s not heavily motivated by money I think.

Simeone is only on that much because of the Chinese Stadium deal really. He wouldn’t expect that elsewhere and took a 70% pay cut during the start of corona I think, he’s not heavily motivated by money I think.
I think when Conte goes he will end up at Inter. Certainly been putting himself in for that job, I really hope he doesn’t though!.

I think when Conte goes he will end up at Inter. Certainly been putting himself in for that job, I really hope he doesn’t though!.
Simone has came a long way since I saw him from the away end at this match as River Plate Boss, Falcao was playing for him in this and was a key for him at Atletico.

Cost about £3 to get in, bloody brilliant.

No chance Liverpool would be after Simeone, I really like him and he's a winner but they are are brutal to watch. Wouldn't be tolerated.
Yup, the reason I don’t think any top English sides would take him - bar maybe Chelsea.

I think it’ll be an Italian side he goes to next.

Madrid Derby this weekend. Atletico win and they are 9 clear of Real with a game in hand.

For a defensive team they are the second highest scorers in La Liga.
Hopefully that's their bad spell out the way and they go on and win the league.

Bit like folk calling Milan, AC.

Interesting background on Borussia Dortmund name and colours. Suspect a few may have a soft spot for them after reading this.

My Spanish boss is an Atletico fan & also a Tim so I’m hoping they do bottle it so I can rub it in his face. When Gerrard was appointed he was laughing & saying he wouldn’t last until Christmas so he has been rather quiet as of late

Personally can't see Real beating them...hopeless atm, probably even worse than Barca.

Would be interesting if Real did beat Atletico though because then the pressure would really be on.

If Barca somehow managed to win it, it'd probably be up there with Messi's greatest achievements considering how dire their squad is.

Personally can't see Real beating them...hopeless atm, probably even worse than Barca.

Would be interesting if Real did beat Atletico though because then the pressure would really be on.

If Barca somehow managed to win it, it'd probably be up there with Messi's greatest achievements considering how dire their squad is.
Other than the Chelsea match I haven't seen of the La Liga 3 this year. Were Real lucky v Atalanta?

Other than the Chelsea match I haven't seen of the La Liga 3 this year. Were Real lucky v Atalanta?
Atalanta were the better team in the first half, even with 10 men but as you would expect as the game went on Madrid became dominant.

IMO the red card was pretty harsh, if it stayed 11v11 then Madrid weren’t winning.

I think Atalanta will knock them out.

Worth noting that Real had a lot of players missing for the Atalanta game as well...

Ramos
Benzema
Carvajal
Hazard
Marcelo
Militao
Valverde
Rodrygo
Odriozola

All first team players, a lot of them starters.

After a 1-1 draw in the Madrid derby currently 1-0 down at home to Bilbao. Will be within just 3 points of Barca if it remains the same.

Absolutely battered Getafe. On another day would've scored 3 or 4. Incidentally, that's the 20th consecutive match between the two that Getafe haven't scored. Quite a stat.

Last edited:
Away in Seville twice and Bilbao in April before a massive game at Camp Nou early May. El Clasico in three weeks also.

Going to be a good run in.

Back