Official Ticketer
Fernando Torres
Sergio Aguero
Diego Forlan
Radamel Falcao
Diego Costa
Antoine Griezmann

All in the last 15 years.

We all think of Atletico as a dour, well organised, low scoring team but has any other club had so many top class goalscorers in recent history?
They must have made a fortune in transfer fees!

Fernando Torres
Sergio Aguero
Diego Forlan
Radamel Falcao
Diego Costa
Antoine Griezmann

We all think of Atletico as a dour, well organised, low scoring team but has any other club had so many top class goalscorers in recent history?
What order would you put them in?

Based purely on their time in Madrid.

If we’re talking exclusively what they whilst at Atletico then Forlan and Falcao are the top 2 for me, even though prime Villa and Aguero are better.

Torres first time must be close to the top. He was fantastic when he came into their team.

Torres first time must be close to the top. He was fantastic when he came into their team.

Torres was superb for them too but Falcao and Forlan a notch above and lead them to European silverware too!

Torres gave his best years to Liverpool where he was arguably the best centre forward in the world for a period of time.

Fernando Torres
Sergio Aguero
Diego Forlan
Radamel Falcao
Diego Costa
Antoine Griezmann

Met Aguero and Forlan at the airport after the Emirates tournament. :)

Nobody’s mentioned their most expensive player ( and striker ) ever. To be fair he’s nowhere near the level of the rest of them yet. shows you how ridiculous transfer fees are now , 126 million euros for João Félix from Benfica.

Falcao amazing at Atletico.

Futre a star back in the day.

Think people forget just how good he was there. All Atletico had to do was get him the ball near the box and it felt like he’d smash the net. Didn’t matter if it was an awkward angle, left foot, right foot or in the air, he’d find a half yard of space and get the ball in the net.

Last edited:
Think people forget just how good he was there. All Atletico had to do was get him the ball near the box and it felt like he’d smash the net. Didn’t matter if it was an awkward angle, left foot, foot or in the air, he’d find a half yard of space and get the ball in the net.

Amazing what he could do when he got it, was great at Porto as well - header in the Europa League Final was a corker for them.

Think people forget just how good he was there. All Atletico had to do was get him the ball near the box and it felt like he’d smash the net. Didn’t matter if it was an awkward angle, left foot, foot or in the air, he’d find a half yard of space and get the ball in the net.
His hat trick in the super final against Chelsea was one of beauty. Top top striker at Atletico

Falcao was the best of the bunch at Atletico, by a good margin.

70 goals in 91 games, he was unstoppable. Two footed, unbelievable in the air, brilliant movement.. He had everything.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink too.

Atletico have always had good players through out their team: Godin, Gimenez, Saul, Simeone, Koke, Molina, Santi, Solazabal, Solari, Baraja, Maxi Rodriguez, Valeron, Juninho, Luis Pereira, Gabi, Pantic, Benbarek, Luis Aragines, Futre...

I enjoy the current side, have done ever since Diego Simeone was in charge.

I loved David Villa at Valencia, top striker.

They are the ultimate shithouse team but I like the way they go about upsetting the more established sides. Klopp and Liverpool were seething last night, big ask but I'd like to see them finish off the tie in a few weeks.

Going back a bit further they also had Christian Vieri - although only for one season - and he scored 24 goals in 24 games

I think we’ll see our Alfie sign for them next season
Not sure if he will or not

But Atletico madrid is IMO the best move for him and his career

A top, near world class team, with a manager like Diego Simeone, in a country he speaks the language with room to move up to one of the elite of the world.

Back