Atletico Madrid

Looks to be a large turnover in players for them this summer.

I know simeone is usually a counter attack/defensive minded coach but it seems to me that he has a squad now that will be more attacking.

Anyone follow them closely at all able to give any insight ?

I’m surprised he’s been at Atleti so long.

Must be some kind of record for a Spanish team to stick with one coach for any longer than 3 years.

Well they have been signing as they have lost quite a few 1st 11 players from last season.
Griezmann, Juan Fran, Godin, Rodrigo, Lucas Hernandez plus other squad players.
Felipe Luis (LB) has not renewed.
So as l said Simeone has had to sign quality players (Joao Felix 126 million euros 19 years old which is a gamble imo)

Tbf Simeone managed to keep mostly the same squad for several years. Needs changed every now and then. Hope it pays off he seems a top coach.

I think they will struggle this season they have lost a few players .in la liga apart from the big 2 barca & real there was always a team who seemed to have a spell of doing well ie valencia , villareal, even deportivo la coruna won the league then after few yrs they seem to fall away and i think its atletico turn

I think they will struggle this season they have lost a few players .in la liga apart from the big 2 barca & real there was always a team who seemed to have a spell of doing well ie valencia , villareal, even deportivo la coruna won the league then after few yrs they seem to fall away and i think its atletico turn
I loved that depor team.

Always had a soft spot for them ever since they kicked the sh1t out of Celtic in the 1974 European Cup.

Back