Atletico v Real Spanish Supercopa Final

BobbyShearer

Official Ticketer
Dont know if anyone is watching this currently(not on UK TV but easily findable)

Played in Saudi Arabia(modern football is pish and all that)

0-0 and looking very much like heading to, I assume, ET.

Anyway, worth searching for highlights or the like later to see Valverde of Madrid’s attempted header which is possibly the worst I’ve seen since I attempted one at primary school and burst my face rather than the net.

Only a matter of time before the Charity Shield in England goes this way, maybe played in America or Asia.
It all about the money.

With the last El Clasico ending 0-0 the draw (excuse the pun) of Spanish football has fallen off a cliff for me in recent years.

Only watched the extra time.
Quite a cynical old school professional foul at the end by the Madrid player,took one for the team.

What Michael Beale says about Morelos and his time in Brazil runs true with South American philosophy and mentality regards the Simeone pat on the back.
No lost footage if that was Gerrard in our backwards xenophobic divisive nationalistic black hole

What Michael Beale says about Morelos and his time in Brazil runs true with South American philosophy and mentality regards the Simeone pat on the back.
No lost footage if that was Gerrard in our backwards xenophobic divisive nationalistic black hole
What was said mate? I’ve also not seen the tackle

Every one of us would want our player to do the same. However the rules should be changed and clear and deliberate denial of a goal scoring opportunity should be a red card and penalty anywhere on the pitch.

Pa - imagine Alfie does this to them with us 1-0 up in the last minute of the next OF game.

Every one of us would want our player to do the same. However the rules should be changed and clear and deliberate denial of a goal scoring opportunity should be a red card and penalty anywhere on the pitch.

Pa - imagine Alfie does this to them with us 1-0 up in the last minute of the next OF game.
Not sure I agree with the idea of giving a penalty anywhere on the pitch. If a player wants to take one of the team then that's fair enough. He missed the next couple of games which is the rules for the offence. You are right, you'd be fucking livid if it happened as you described but at the same time immensely proud of any of our players that done it for us - we can't have everything all ways.

The best bit of shithousery I can remember was when Suarez deliberately handballed it in the box against Ghana in the 2010 World Cup. The keeper saved the penalty and Suarez was a hero.

A total nonsense suggestion imo.

Not sure I agree with the idea of giving a penalty anywhere on the pitch. If a player wants to take one of the team then that's fair enough. He missed the next couple of games which is the rules for the offence. You are right, you'd be fucking livid if it happened as you described but at the same time immensely proud of any of our players that done it for us - we can't have everything all ways.

We were screaming for Ejaria to do the same thing in the 1-0 game after UFA last season.

The reason we want players to do it is at times we’ve more chance of seeing games out with 10 men than mounting a comeback with 11.

If the defender knows he’s conceding a penalty even outside the box it forces another decision. He tries to defend or pressures a shot.

I’d be happy for a rule change on it.

so a player is brought down on the half way line and a penalty given because the ref deemed it a goal scoring opportunity

while I’d be fuming if it happens to us, that’s a nonsense suggestion imo

so a player is brought down on the half way line and a penalty given because the ref deemed it a goal scoring opportunity

while I’d be fuming if it happens to us, that’s a nonsense suggestion imo
If a player is clean through on goal then its a much more fitting punishment than a free kick from the half way line.

Considering some of the nonsense penalties you get nowadays, especially with VAR then the 18 yard Box has become a nonsense.

Difficult to manage though and throws up loads of consistency issues.

Exactly the type of scandalous taking one for the team assault I have spoken about before on here.
Potentially career ending thuggery. Time it was outlawed and offenders hammered.
Eh?
Potential career ending thuggery?
It was a trip ffs
He hardly went in trying to cripple him

Eh?
Potential career ending thuggery?
It was a trip ffs
He hardly went in trying to cripple him
Rubbish. Watch it again. Too many players see an opportunity to go for a total wipeout.
Just a matter of time till a players career is ruined and another one ends up in court.

Rubbish. Watch it again. Too many players see an opportunity to go for a total wipeout.
Just a matter of time till a players career is ruined and another one ends up in court.
There is some proper awful fouls committed sometimes in games but this was not one of them,cynical tackle to keep Madrid in the game yes but it wasn't a shocker by any stretch of the imagination.

It is the sort of challenge I would be quite happy for one of our players to have committed if it was in the last minute in our game against them before new year and their French forward was running through on goal that gave away a free kick instead of a likely equaliser.

Same thing happened in the last minute of normal time in the recent Club World Cup Final between Liverpool and Flamengo when Mane was taken down a foot outside the area when through on goal. It’s not nice, but .......

Back