Atmosphere on Thursday

IndianaRanger

What kind of atmosphere will we creates?
Assuming the UB do not attend; will the rest of Ibrox stand up and support the team.
The team need us on Thursday; we need to step up.

It will be a better atmosphere than it would have been if this unfair and unjust act hadn't taken place.

Don’t get me wrong I like the ub’s but we did create massive atmospheres on big European nights before we had singing sections
Mate I’ve seen this posted a thousand times. UB’s need to cut out the sh1t aye. But most of those “european nights” you speak about contained the songs which led us here in the first place. Then the UB’s get slaughtered for their “new age pish” chants. So where do we go from here? Take the atnosphere away and hope the fans who moan about any songs that get sung start making up their own?

In a way the fans should use this punishment by UEFA to create an amazing atmosphere but we need to be clever here

We all know we are being victimised and demised for the 19th Century Terrorist word so we need to cut these songs out

If the UB's aren't there it will be pish unfortunately. Like it or not the Ibrox atmosphere is pretty much dependant on them.

If the club come out with "don't sing X and Y" then the atmosphere will be electric because the rest of the songs will be sung with gusto. If they don't, fans will be in disagreement about what is ok and the atmosphere will be as flat as a pancake because nobody will want to sing the wrong thing.

Mate I’ve seen this posted a thousand times. UB’s need to cut out the sh1t aye. But most of those “european nights” you speak about contained the songs which led us here in the first place. Then the UB’s get slaughtered for their “new age pish” chants. So where do we go from here? Take the atnosphere away and hope the fans who moan about any songs that get sung start making up their own?
It’s only two songs we have to drop on European nights.we dropped the billy boys for a good few years so it can be done.

Almost certainly over reacting but after 50 years of follow follow a huge amount of my appetite for it all went away today.
Not because of a few words, but because of the relentless persecution of our club.
I no longer feel this is a fight we can win.
I have never been a bigot or racist of any sort but it’s becoming an offence to support my club. Really really down with it al

Don’t get me wrong I like the ub’s but we did create massive atmospheres on big European nights before we had singing sections

Used to.

These days people pretty much wait for the UB to start anything, if they are not there then there won't be anywhere near the atmosphere it should be.

Almost certainly over reacting but after 50 years of follow follow a huge amount of my appetite for it all went away today.
Not because of a few words, but because of the relentless persecution of our club.
I have never been a bigot or racist of any sort but it’s becoming an offence to support my club. Really really down with it al
That’s what they want.Dont give in to them -Follow,Follow.

If the club come out with "don't sing X and Y" then the atmosphere will be electric because the rest of the songs will be sung with gusto. If they don't, fans will be in disagreement about what is ok and the atmosphere will be as flat as a pancake because nobody will want to sing the wrong thing.

This. It's not hard to come out with that but clearly as it's been seen time and time again the club's administration are out of touch with the fans. As for the Union Bears, I can guarantee they'll be shunned by the club for this when what should be happening is positive discussions on how to create an enhancing atmosphere that doesn't involve sectarianism, because without the Union Bears the atmosphere at Ibrox is dead.

This x 100

The club need to be proactive this week.

The UB improve the atmosphere tenfold particularly at quieter games.

We've never had an issue with atmosphere on big European nights with or without them, particularly such crucial ones as Thursday.

The UB help keep a bit of singing throughout the wee games, they dont really make a differenece in big games where everyone is allready up for it, people need to get a grip

There won’t be a definitive official list of what we can/can’t sing, since authorities seem to be terrified to actually define beyond doubt what is and isn’t acceptable.

Folk will play it safe, and sing nothing that could even remotely be considered offensive.

Result, atmosphere will be hesitant and pish. I predict more divisions in the stands akin to what we’ve seen on here tonight.

Just like the first few games after the PSV game.

FARE’s mission = complete.

Sorry but I feel this is a premeditated attack on us, St J game was weeks ago, and games have passed before and after with similar chants bit no punishment raised. The week before a crucial European qualifier, and an Old Firm where we go into it level with them is too coincidental in my book.

Sorry but I feel this is a premeditated attack on us, St J game was weeks ago, and games have passed before and after with similar chants bit no punishment raised. The week before a crucial European qualifier, and an Old Firm where we go into it level with them is too coincidental in my book.
So it's also a pre meditated attack on all the other European clubs that recieved their punishment today?

What fight do you want to win?
To be allowed to sing FTP?

It's a malicious attack on Rangers, what other Club has been attacked the way we have. When you look at attacks on players and officials elsewhere, grenades thrown on pitches...not wee bits of paper that we got fined for, Greek Chairman approaching a referee with a gun round his waist! Dirty Oil money clubs, dirty murdering Arab laundered money, Christ there was clubs funded by Gaddafi and they gave not one shit! Fans stabbed, fans murdered by opposition fans...nah bad songs that's what we're going after this month.
Papal child abuse covering up cabal! No more and no less.
We 100% need to keep our noses clean! And then openly call out these rabid vermin at every turn...I'd be grassing everyone at every turn, every game, every incident, every flag, every song.
It's a very dangerous weapon we must reverse and start to use in our favour...once our noses are clean of course

There will be a bit of a siege mentality so place will be bouncing.

Some form of banner aimed at they FARE bastards wouldn’t go a miss either.

For those unclear on what they are able to sing, the following guidance from fourlads, approved by the club, is all you need to know - thats if you are genuinely unclear:

People asking for clarity & guidance from the club about songs

Stop using the word 19th Century Terrorist in it’s entirety

Any add ons that has ‘%^*& the pope or IRA’

‘No pope of Rome’
‘50p Flute song’
‘The Billy Boys’

Like it or not - that’s the clarity

For those unclear on what they are able to sing, the following guidance from fourlads, approved by the club, is all you need to know - thats if you are genuinely unclear:

People asking for clarity & guidance from the club about songs

Stop using the word 19th Century Terrorist in it’s entirety

Any add ons that has ‘%^*& the pope or IRA’

‘No pope of Rome’
‘50p Flute song’
‘The Billy Boys’

Like it or not - that’s the clarity

Just to be clear on one point. %^*& the IRA bad, praise the IRA fine?

What a sick, fucked up world.

What fight do you want to win?
To be allowed to sing FTP?

I expect he wants to be treated the same as everyone else.

I reckon he’d find the punishment a bit less hard to swallow if he believed these sorts of sanctions were applied without any agenda behind them.

If there were a concerted effort across the country and continent to eradicate any references to religion, politics, paramilitaries in chanting, then he might hold his hands up and say “yep, it’s time we moved on as a support”.

What happened to Rangers today isn’t any of those things.

Back