Atmosphere on Thursday

It will be bouncing.

I have been out all day and I am just home and catching up with all that has been going on.
I sincerely hope you are right, and think you will be.
Time for the Copland to stand up like the good old days and lead us all into battle.
Get Ibrox rocking again.
Lets do it.

For those unclear on what they are able to sing, the following guidance from fourlads, approved by the club, is all you need to know - thats if you are genuinely unclear:

People asking for clarity & guidance from the club about songs

Stop using the word 19th Century Terrorist in it’s entirety

Any add ons that has ‘%^*& the pope or IRA’

‘No pope of Rome’
‘50p Flute song’
‘The Billy Boys’

Like it or not - that’s the clarity

A considerable number of people attending Ibrox won’t be on here or twitter though. Releasing a list through a proxy isn’t helping matters, quite honestly.

The club are happy to talk in halves and riddles, most of us can make a pretty good guess at what they’re getting at, but then we are likely not to be the people the statement is aimed at.

It might require in this instance an unequivocal statement of dont sing X and Y, directly aimed at those who don’t quite get it.

Just to be clear on one point. %^*& the IRA bad, praise the IRA fine?

What a sick, fucked up world.

Correct.

For some inexplicable reason they think once we stop referencing such things, we’ll be able to challenge them elsewhere from a moral high ground.

That gave me a chuckle, such idealistic naivety.

For what it’s worth, I’m not sure who has said you can’t sing about the IRA or when they said that. It’s news to me.

Sorry but I feel this is a premeditated attack on us, St J game was weeks ago, and games have passed before and after with similar chants bit no punishment raised. The week before a crucial European qualifier, and an Old Firm where we go into it level with them is too coincidental in my book.

UEFA published all the punishments for QR1 and QR2 today not just ours.

Correct.

For some inexplicable reason they think once we stop referencing such things, we’ll be able to challenge them elsewhere from a moral high ground.

That gave me a chuckle, such idealistic naivety.

For what it’s worth, I’m not sure who has said you can’t sing about the IRA or when they said that. It’s news to me.

Well you can certainly sing about the IRA murdering people just so long as you are not objecting apparently.

A considerable number of people attending Ibrox won’t be on here or twitter though. Releasing a list through a proxy isn’t helping matters, quite honestly.

The club are happy to talk in halves and riddles, most of us can make a pretty good guess at what they’re getting at, but then we are likely not to be the people the statement is aimed at.

It might require in this instance an unequivocal statement of dont sing X and Y, directly aimed at those who don’t quite get it.

This, a thousand times.

I dont get all this it will be a morgue or silent without the UBs.

The UBs are great at creating an atmosphere dont get me wrong but when Ibrox is rocking on big European nights the noise doesn't really start in BF1 the rest of the stadium takes over. Hoping same happens Thursday.

I have been out all day and I am just home and catching up with all that has been going on.
I sincerely hope you are right, and think you will be.
Time for the Copland to stand up like the good old days and lead us all into battle.
Get Ibrox rocking again.
Lets do it.

Used to be the go to area, had the biggest waiting list for folk to get in. As bony m should to say, rangers man, rangers man, who wants to be a rangers man.. Too many in my opinion got comfy. Glad im EE now. Put you copland bears to shame.

Prove me wrong on thurs ;)

Atmosphere will be pish. Will be a couple songs at start of game and maybe after we score but rest of it will be a library

Ibrox bouncing - win - get chucked out

Ibrox silent - probably don't win - get knocked out.

F-ed either way.

The crowd was always going to be nervous - even more so now.

Possibly about 1800 Legia fans there too.

Legia will outsing us for most of the game so that should help with the atmosphere.

Derry's Walls sung properly is even louder than TBB so hopefully a few good rousing renditions of that. Very apt given the circumstances.

Every single person should be on their feet the whole game and make the place rock. Sadly i don't think this will be the case but we will see!

If we are saying that fans will be silent because we don’t have enough songs to sing that aren’t about the pope, the IRA, UVF, or 19th Century Terrorists - then I worry about us as a support.

If the club come out with "don't sing X and Y" then the atmosphere will be electric because the rest of the songs will be sung with gusto. If they don't, fans will be in disagreement about what is ok and the atmosphere will be as flat as a pancake because nobody will want to sing the wrong thing.
Bang on

First of all, i do not agree with the UEFA decision, i realize its a bit controversialbut for me its a crazy PC world we know live in as far as i am concerned.
WRT the atmosphere, it should be absolutely rocking at Ibrox next week.
PS i have been asked why i have joined the forum recently, well the answer is 2 fold, i'm of Polish heritage, and i also grew up supporting my local team Oldham Athletic where a very special goalkeeper started out, i followed is progress all through his career, im sure you all know who i am referring to ! :)

I expect he wants to be treated the same as everyone else.

I reckon he’d find the punishment a bit less hard to swallow if he believed these sorts of sanctions were applied without any agenda behind them.

If there were a concerted effort across the country and continent to eradicate any references to religion, politics, paramilitaries in chanting, then he might hold his hands up and say “yep, it’s time we moved on as a support”.

What happened to Rangers today isn’t any of those things.
Mate that is the post of this thread we are not being dealt equally we are being victimised

If it’s across the board then fine

Next Sunday they will sing there IRA songs and we will respond that’s the way it is

However if they didn’t I suspect we would not sing those songs

But it’s got to be two way

VICTIMISATION

Genuinely raging though, the one time I buy a ticket in the Broomloan cause everywhere else is pish for atmosphere and the Union Bears get banned. Trust my luck.
And perhaps us in BF2 can try and take what the Union Bears gave but I can't see it happening.

Let's face it. Outside of any goals the atmosphere on Thursday is going to be absolutely fucking awful and there is not much to deny it. Doesn't matter what people say here, everyone's going to play the safe game by not singing anything.
That was FARE's goal, they bastards have got us by the noose.

Spoke to a couple of polish lads at work they tell me the legia fans will make a hell of a noise at Ibrox let's make sure we out sing them.

What kind of atmosphere will we creates?
Assuming the UB do not attend; will the rest of Ibrox stand up and support the team.
The team need us on Thursday; we need to step up.
I don't see the problem, we need to just belt out the Blue Sea of Ibrox,Follow,Follow (without the add ons) Four lads,Derrys walls,ect..I'm sure these song can generate atmosphere

I think it will be quite an angry atmosphere, so it should be loud. Just hope it’s not a defiant one.

I actually hope/think what is going on may galvanise the support in general and a defiant atmosphere in terms of noise will be created.

We underestimate ourselves as a support.

People said fans would drift away when we were in the lower leagues yet we set world attendance records.

We’re at our best in the face of adversity.

They’re hoping this will slowly kill us.

It’s up to us to show them it will only have the opposite effect.

If the club come out with "don't sing X and Y" then the atmosphere will be electric because the rest of the songs will be sung with gusto. If they don't, fans will be in disagreement about what is ok and the atmosphere will be as flat as a pancake because nobody will want to sing the wrong thing.
Any sane person knows what is acceptable to sing.

This. It's not hard to come out with that but clearly as it's been seen time and time again the club's administration are out of touch with the fans. As for the Union Bears, I can guarantee they'll be shunned by the club for this when what should be happening is positive discussions on how to create an enhancing atmosphere that doesn't involve sectarianism, because without the Union Bears the atmosphere at Ibrox is dead.

Club will say it’s easy. Anything to do with rangers go ahead. Anything else no

I worry that people will be scared to sing anything for fear of it effecting the club. this Could effect thursdays atmosphere.

I don't see the problem, we need to just belt out the Blue Sea of Ibrox,Follow,Follow (without the add ons) Four lads,Derrys walls,ect..I'm sure these song can generate atmosphere
I think for this game we should stay clear of follow follow as the temptation to sing the adapted version will be too much for many.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories - for the most part I'd prefer to leave paranoia, victimhood & crackpottery to those in the twilight zone of the east end at the back of the asda car park

But supporting the Gers really does test your resolve for discounting conspiracies at times

Our offence was for something we did against St.Joe's - we've since played 2 games against the Danes without a peep from Uefa

Meanwhile we finish a 1st leg tie against a club with a recognised intimiitading ground after a goaless draw & bang they impose, - not a fine - something they've regularly done for worse demeanours & proper racism - but instead they close a portion of our ground

Well apologies for sounding paranoid - but that all sounds very fishy to me

I think for this game we should stay clear of follow follow as the temptation to sing the adapted version will be too much for many.
It's a shame really as I have been singing this song since a child and that was not yesterday,can't remember when the add ons were added but it has ruined a great Rangers song

If the rest of the ground can’t create an atmosphere on Thursday of all days without the help of the UB, they’re as well taking up a new sport.

Will be interesting. I really hope there is a great atmosphere, but not sure where it’s going to come from.

Not sure what the excuse will be this time though if it’s not a great atmosphere.

I actually hope/think what is going on may galvanise the support in general and a defiant atmosphere in terms of noise will be created.

I never sing or shout at the football but if I was there Thursday I’d definitely be making an effort to change that behaviour.

Back