Atmosphere Today?

El Buffalo

What was the atmosphere like today folks? Missed the game unfortunately. Was gutted when I found out today's match would be armed forces day, usually a better vibe within the stadium on these occasions.

Rangers won, our armed forces were there, we had pipe bands playing Rangers songs

Everyone had a good time, surely

The lack of europop woaaahhh round the stadium meant that on at least 5 occasions players were alerted to 'man on' by fans taking part in the game and helping the team

But that kind of thing isnt what happens in the Westfalenstadion auf Deutsch, apparently

It was pretty quiet. Rule Brittania and one song for Fredo and that was it.

I thought the game was very flat in the first half which killed the initial atmosphere.

It's always pretty poor though tbh

Roxi and Boris were revealed and it was a magical moment.
It certainly was.....for a long while I actually thought that Roxi might have descended into a life of drink, drugs and debauchery and Boris might have been kidnapped and used as a sexual plaything in some catholic paedo ring.
Thankfully that wasn't the case and there they were....large as life (and I'm delighted to say that Boris is now bigger than his Da!)
I have to admit to having a little tear in my eye!

only seemed like any atmosphere at half time when the armed forces band were out

The first half was absolutely abysmal on the park from both teams. One of the worst halves of football I have ever seen at Ibrox.

That just doesn't help generate much energy from the stands.

The first half was absolutely abysmal on the park from both teams. One of the worst halves of football I have ever seen at Ibrox.

Seriously?
I know it wasn't vintage, edge of your seat stuff but it was certainly a big improvement from some of the dross I've had to sit through over the years.

I thought it was dire. Sat with 2 old fellas either side of me. No emotions from either of them when we scored. A kinda jack and victor moment.

Seriously?
I know it wasn't vintage, edge of your seat stuff but it was certainly a big improvement from some of the dross I've had to sit through over the years.

Seriously.
Barely 4 passes strung together. Wayward balls all over the place, poor control, minimal attacking, players looking half-arsed.

I agree that matches in the lower tier were turgid at times but looking solely at the football content of the 1st 45mins and keeping in mind the supposed standard, for me it really was up(sic) there

I genuinely can't see where all this "place like a morgue" stuff is coming from.
Ok it wasn't up there with a huge European night or an OF game but I didn't think it was too bad.
In fact, there were actually a good few thousand still around at the final whistle....and that doesn't happen too often!

It was fairly muted especially for armed forces day albeit a slim down version due to the shit media coverage we got previously.

Atmosphere (European & bheast games aside) has been a depressing issue we've failed to address for decades now.

Seriously.
Barely 4 passes strung together. Wayward balls all over the place, poor control, minimal attacking, players looking half-arsed.

I agree that matches in the lower tier were turgid at times but looking solely at the football content of the 1st 45mins and keeping in mind the supposed standard, for me it really was up(sic) there
You weren't the moanin' faced auld duffer that was sitting behind me in MFN were you?
:rolleyes:
Apparently not one of our players are fit to wear the jersey....every misplaced pass was met with loud derision....every nice piece of play was met with stony silence.
If you have a large handful of miserable bassas like that turning up at Ibrox to "support" their team, it's no wonder the atmosphere isn't everything it should be!

You weren't the moanin' faced auld duffer that was sitting behind me in MFN were you?
:rolleyes:
Apparently not one of our players are fit to wear the jersey....every misplaced pass was met with loud derision....every nice piece of play was met with stony silence.
If you have a large handful of miserable bassas like that turning up at Ibrox to "support" their team, it's no wonder the atmosphere isn't everything it should be!

:D Not guilty.

Anyway don't be taking the piss out of moaning faced auld duffers. They've been our core customer base for well over 100 years now :D

:D Not guilty.

Anyway don't be taking the piss out of moaning faced auld duffers. They've been our core customer base for well over 100 years now :D
Going by our usernames I'm guessing we're of the same vintage and have grown up watching some fantastic Rangers teams over the decades so I can accept that some of what we're seeing these days just doesn't live up to these standards but as far as I'm concerned, this is an entirely new squad trying to gel in a very short space of time into a team that we can really be proud of.
Maybe a bit more patience and a bit more support when things aren't quite going the way we'd all want wouldn't go amiss!

You have to be at the wind-up or drunk. Which is it?

You have to be at the wind-up or drunk. Which is it?
Or maybe one of those guys that, when they get to a certain age, they think they have to automatically turn into Victor Meldrew!
My next door neighbour is a lovely old gent in his 80's but after I return home from every game he comes across, chaps my door and asks "whit did you make of that bliddy rubbish today"........regardless of what the score was!
:)
I've already said to my family, if I ever get to that state.....just do me in!
:)

It certainly was.....for a long while I actually thought that Roxi might have descended into a life of drink, drugs and debauchery and Boris might have been kidnapped and used as a sexual plaything in some catholic paedo ring.
Thankfully that wasn't the case and there they were....large as life (and I'm delighted to say that Boris is now bigger than his Da!)
I have to admit to having a little tear in my eye!
All's well that ends well,glad they're back together.:)

You've been lucky and picked your games well , ,if that was some of the worst you've seen at Ibrox.

That's an absolute nonsense.

We went in one nil up and should have scored another three.

To say it's one of the worst you've ever seen is nuts, even you must know you're at it :D

The usual - not very good.

We scored our 2nd goal at an important stage. The atmosphere would have been worse otherwise.

Thistle x2 now - bring it on.

Maybe if our active supporters weren't stuck in a daft wee corner it wouldn't be so bad
Maybe if they sung songs the rest of the stadium knew or want to sing it wouldn't be so bad.

Most of the game was taken up with their 2 rhythmic 'Ultra' songs, Daddy's Uniform and No.1 Platoon.

You aren't going to engage 45000 others to join in with that.

Maybe if they sung songs the rest of the stadium knew or want to sing it wouldn't be so bad.

Most of the game was taken up with their 2 rhythmic 'Ultra' songs, Daddy's Uniform and No.1 Platoon.

You aren't going to engage 45000 others to join in with that.

When did daddy's uniform and No 1 platoon become "ultra" songs

The usual - not very good.

We scored our 2nd goal at an important stage. The atmosphere would have been worse otherwise.

Thistle x2 now - bring it on.

Watch the highlights back

Listen to the entire stadium roar 'turrnnn' at Daniel Candeias seeing three players waiting for a through ball or cross.

The fans helped Daniel set up the second goal. Daniel was going towards the dugout then down the wing otherwise.

Thats a bigger contribution than jumping up and down with a monotonous irrelevant woaaahhh for 90 minutes.

What was the atmosphere like today folks? Missed the game unfortunately. Was gutted when I found out today's match would be armed forces day, usually a better vibe within the stadium on these occasions.
It was like a sponsored silence mate

Except for the boys in BF1-2 it was shite ..again.

The proper Rangers end is a embarrassment atmosphere wise.

When did daddy's uniform and No 1 platoon become "ultra" songs
There was a buzz around the ground for the whole game. We started the game well and should have gone in more than 1 up. The armed forces and pipeband provided good 1/2 time entertainment. Dundee had a go at the start of the 2nd half and the game became more competitive, we had a resounding 4-1 win, Pena looked good when he came on, we have a goalscorer in Morelos and I look forward to another good performance and victory on Friday against Thistle.

There was a buzz around the ground for the whole game. We started the game well and should have gone in more than 1 up. The armed forces and pipeband provided good 1/2 time entertainment. Dundee had a go at the start of the 2nd half and the game became more competitive, we had a resounding 4-1 win, Pena looked good when he came on, we have a goalscorer in Morelos and I look forward to another good performance and victory on Friday against Thistle.
Aye but the atmosphere was rank fucking rotten

Have been for 15 odd years now. When ST became popular I'd hazard a guess that the average age of bears in the Copland would be about 30, it's probably about 50 now.

Not really a fan of the drums and loudspeaker stuff, but was in BF1 for the first time yesterday (season ticket from my local RSC) and enjoyed being able to stand up through the whole game rather than sitting down. Thought the atmosphere was pretty good after we scored the second goal.

You repeat this on every thread, I sit in GR1 and can't make out numerous songs the lads sing, they are not as loud as you make out. See plenty of jumping and movement but not noise.
Their location is not helping.

There seems to be this fantasy idea that when Ibrox was terraced,bar centenary stand and main stand there was this fantastic atmosphere every game. Not true. But for big European games and v scum it was dire.
As an aside, well done Union bears.

You repeat this on every thread, I sit in GR1 and can't make out numerous songs the lads sing, they are not as loud as you make out. See plenty of jumping and movement but not noise.
Their location is not helping.
It's 100% down to there location mate I stand in BF2 and they never stop.

Guy in front of us in SJR4 is an utter joke. Actually shaking with rage at our players "ya shower of shite" was his best yesterday because Wes played it out short to Bruno from a by kick. Didn't even stand up when Pena scored either.

He better not be at the poets game.

Until we have safe standing & do it properly in the full Copland Front (The Rangers End ) for all Rangers fans who want to get behind the team &that includes the UB. & BO the atmosphere will remain as it is, chronic unless it's a big European night or against the bheasts. That's the reality.

So is safe standing going to make it a great atmosphere at Ibrox?

How will that work? Will those who sit out with this area all of sudden start singing because there's people Standing?

Is the whole of the broomie jumping everyweek beacuse the union bears are there? No it's not bf1-2 is but the rest isn't

Back