Atmosphere Today?

There are still a lot of nerves about the place and you could feel the tension before we got the opening goal and then it was building again until we got the second goal and everyone relaxed

Atmosphere (European & bheast games aside) has been a depressing issue we've failed to address for decades now.

I'd include most bheast games and a large enough percentage of our home European games as depressing as well mate.

Our atmosphere is nothing short of embarrassing and considering a lot of our players have played in truly passionate country's before I cringe when I think of their impression of our home support.

Especially when they are fed bullshit from fans and media about our derby being the most passionate in the world etc when in actual fact it's tame as %^*&. If we go behind or lose then our support of the team practically goes out the window and we'll sit in silence while the bheasts mock our club, players and fans.

We've all witnessed it.

People making the usual excuses and some even saying it's better quiet because the players can hear us shouting at them are living in a dreamland and holding us back.

It really is grim.

Our Mexican players in particular must have a chuckle to themselves when pepole here go on about the "passion" in Scottish football.

The "atmosphere" at Ibrox is beyond dire. Standing section in a must !!

I'd include most bheast games and a large enough percentage of our home European games as depressing as well mate.

Our atmosphere is nothing short of embarrassing and considering a lot of our players have played in truly passionate country's before I cringe when I think of their impression of our home support.

Especially when they are fed bullshit from fans and media about our derby being the most passionate in the world etc when in actual fact it's tame as %^*&. If we go behind or lose then our support of the team practically goes out the window and we'll sit in silence while the bheasts mock our club, players and fans.

We've all witnessed it.

People making the usual excuses and some even saying it's better quiet because the players can hear us shouting at them are living in a dreamland and holding us back.

It really is grim.
I agree with your points to a certain extent. It has to be said though, we've had little to shout about in games against the bheasts of late. Ibrox will erupt if we can get the upper hand next week.

Guy in front of us in SJR4 is an utter joke. Actually shaking with rage at our players "ya shower of shite" was his best yesterday because Wes played it out short to Bruno from a by kick. Didn't even stand up when Pena scored either.

He better not be at the poets game.

I reckon that behaviour should result in a ban.
I agree with your points to a certain extent. It has to be said though, we've had little to shout about in games against the bheasts of late. Ibrox will erupt if we can get the upper hand next week.

It truly shouldn't be like that though mate.

We shouldn't just roll over and get our bellies tickled by anybody let alone they cunts just because the team aren't performing.

The positivity/negativity in the stands has an effect on the game.

It could be argued that if we didn't put our tails between our legs whenever we go behind that the team would respond and who knows the recent results against the tramps may have been different.

Even though I don't know any of our players personally I feel 100% confident in saying they must absolutely hate the tension, pressure, groaning and sometimes abuse that we as supporters pass on to them.

Put simply. Rangers playing in front of a truly supportive crowd will maximise our chances of being victorious. Playing in front of a silent, inpatient, groaning crowd will minimise our chances.

Why do we insist on minimising our teams chances?

I reckon that behaviour should result in a ban.

It truly shouldn't be like that though mate.

We shouldn't just roll over and get our bellies tickled by anybody let alone they cunts just because the team aren't performing.

The positivity/negativity in the stands has an effect on the game.

It could be argued that if we didn't put our tails between our legs whenever we go behind that the team would respond and who knows the recent results against the tramps may have been different.

Even though I don't know any of our players personally I feel 100% confident in saying they must absolutely hate the tension, pressure, groaning and sometimes abuse that we as supporters pass on to them.

Put simply. Rangers playing in front of a truly supportive crowd will maximise our chances of being victorious. Playing in front of a silent, inpatient, groaning crowd will minimise our chances.

Why do we insist on minimising our teams chances?
You're right and it's slowly got worse as the years have went by. It's as if folk have actually given up on creating an atmosphere apart from the UB. We've all seen the odd guy trying to belt out a song only to be smirked or tutted at. I was at the piggery the twice last season and our support were lost. We used to give it laldy for 90 mins but we allowed the poets to lord it over us on and off the park. I don't know if fear of being arrested has had an effect on our support but it certainly can't help. A standing area is a must, like minded guys all standing together. There are too many of the support dotted around the stadium away from the guys they came on the bus etc with. Our bus is rocking coming to and leaving the games but you wouldn't know the same boys were at the game. I yearn for the days the enclosure used to taunt the Copland and vice versa.

100% in support of a large safe standing section to improve the atmosphere. Until that happens we're going to have to accept that excluding old firm games, the odd game against HIV's or the sheep and euro nights the atmosphere will be "ok" at best.

This isn't a problem exclusive to Rangers, all big teams (outwith Germany, granted) have this issue.

100% in support of a large safe standing section to improve the atmosphere. Until that happens we're going to have to accept that excluding old firm games, the odd game against HIV's or the sheep and euro nights the atmosphere will be "ok" at best.

This isn't a problem exclusive to Rangers, all big teams (outwith Germany, granted) have this issue.

There is plenty of teams throughout Europe big and small who manage it.

Quite frankly, as much as I'm in favour of a standing section I think until our whole mentality changes then it will just be the same old.

It's all good listing the excuses as to why our support is the way it is we need to start searching for the solutions.

Initiative needs to be taken, by RSC's, UB's,
The SLO and even the club itself or things are just going to drag on as they are IMO.

There is plenty of teams throughout Europe big and small who manage it.

Quite frankly, as much as I'm in favour of a standing section I think until our whole mentality changes then it will just be the same old.

It's all good listing the excuses as to why our support is the way it is we need to start searching for the solutions.

Initiative needs to be taken, by RSC's, UB's,
The SLO and even the club itself or things are just going to drag on as they are IMO.
I thought atmosphere was good

As always, a bit of a blast at the beginning just before kick off - when everyone is standing.

Then everyone apart from BF1 sits down and utter silence descends upon the stadium until a goal is scored.

As a high priority the club need to introduce a standing section in the Copland Front. Failure to do this will result in continued years of a miserable matchday experience and dire atmosphere. Bring the fun and enjoyment back to attending games at Ibrox!!

Thank fook for away games !

Guy beside me moans non stop for 90 minutes.

Now I think about it, I don't think I've ever heard him say anything positive in all the time he's been beside me.

If we go behind he sits checking his phone saying "that's my coupon bust. Arseholes ".

Never interested in singing or backing the team, he sniggers and mocks us if we sing or stand up.

Must be quite a few of them around the stadium if this thread is anything to go by.

Back