Atromitos

I don't know how people can compare teams of the past and present? Would teams in Europe fear the likes of Malmo, Hamburg etc? Notts Forest, Villa etc?

When we played Pana we had Emerson, Nerlinger etc... ?

Confuses the life outta me.

The Greeks have, and have had for years , a certain style of counter attacking football .

It’s not pleasant on the eye but they all tend to be extremely well organised , tactically sound , with quick players ready to punish a mistake . Also experts at spoiling a game with niggly fouls , gamesmanship and suchlike . Throw in a boiling hot hostile atmosphere, fireworks , bone dry pitch at the away leg and it’s never an easy fixture .

They won a European championships with this style with a team of grafters and solid pros .

I don’t see why people don’t understand the reasons for them being difficult opponents to us over the years .

I want the easiest opponent.

If that's the Greeks then I'll take them. They did seem to take a battering over in Poland yet didn't concede so who knows!

Is playing the 2nd leg away better or worse? Personally don't really mind as long as you get a positive result in your first game.

Personally I prefer being at home 2nd.

But my main thinking was the 2nd leg is 3 days before the Old Firm game at Ibrox. It would be good if we had a home game and the mentally challengeds had to travel.

Legia although not great look a much better side than the Atromitos. Greeks like to sit in and play a bit of hoofball. We are more than capable of beating either of them.

Atromitos also appear to be wearing the Brazil away top from 2002 WC. Didn't even know Nike still made that style?

Personally I prefer being at home 2nd.

But my main thinking was the 2nd leg is 3 days before the Old Firm game at Ibrox. It would be good if we had a home game and the mentally challengeds had to travel.

Worse just because it would mean having the mentally challengeds the Sunday after.

I had forgot we were playing them after the 2nd leg. Yeah that makes sense I suppose, but as long as it's not another Ufa like performance and we go down to 9 men and have to cling on for dear life we'd be good enough imo.

Stadium is quite small and fans are well away from the touchlines.

Not the intimidating atmosphere you usually associate with Greek football.

Still prefer going to Warsaw though.

Nottingham Forest went over and pumped Atromitos 3-0 in pre-season. Nothing to fear.

Back