Attack vs Hibs

DMac83

How do you see us lining up without Alfie? A little concerned at Defoe’s lack of game time.

Same team as today just swap Defoe for Morelos and get Jones back on the bench Defoe got a hat trick at Ibrox but this ones at Easter road and they are in decent form so won't be as easy

I would give Stewart a go through the middle. Defoe tends to struggle to get in the game when it’s tight away from home. Stewart has good hold up play and can win free kicks.

Just to spin a positive on it, at least no ref can pull this same crap and get Alfie suspended for the Old Firm now.

I think we'll be ok at Hibs. It's good to know we've a striker of Defoe's quality able to step in, and the way Stewart can play, he'd be good to bring on when hibs start to to tire.

We will miss him but defo will give them something different to think about as will Stewart if he plays. Gaffer needs to change it round a bit to accommodate defo.

Just to spin a positive on it, at least no ref can pull this same crap and get Alfie suspended for the Old Firm now.

I think we'll be ok at Hibs. It's good to know we've a striker of Defoe's quality able to step in, and the way Stewart can play, he'd be good to bring on when hibs start to to tire.
Remember we have the Kilmarnock game on Boxing Day.

Defoe has averaged a goal every 59mins he’s played. The best in the business.
Aribo and Kent will be up there with him. Too much for Hibs.

Tough place to go, in all honesty I fear for us. Even in his brief cameo appearances of late Defoe hasn’t really looked anywhere near as threatening. But if we can create chances we should really win because no one in the the country has a better track record of putting them away.

defoe has performed well in his 2 games v hibs (4 goals) hibs also wont be as defensive as motherwell , i would keep aribo in before stewart as you dont want to disrupt him when hes playing this well , same team + Defoe for me

Same team as today with Defoe in for Morelos. It's not ideal but it's not the end of the world, we need to be able to win without him.

It’s less about the personnel, it’s the fact we need to change our approach as Defoe is a totally different type of forward.

Porteous and Hanlon/McGregor will be firing into challenges. Balls into feet, intricate passes, get close to Defoe and pick them apart.

Five days to rest, recover then come out and empty the tank.

As long as the rest of the team play in a manner that plays to Defoe's strengths (as per April onwards last season), we'll be fine.

We're getting a mini-mid-season break by our standards (5 days), so would expect the same team, other than Defoe's inclusion.

Mid week off will do us good. Alfredo gets a week and a half to prepare for killie and the tims. Need 7 points out the next 3 games. 9 would be nice.

Defoe is clinical.

He’s already put 3 past Hibs this season, he’ll have no bother on Friday night.

Back