Attacking corners

Jose Calypso

Official Ticketer
The amount of corners we get needs to be capitalised on. We’re always getting loads of corners without causing major problems with them.

Not disagreeing op, but to me, today showed that our corner taking is very very poor. I lost count of how many were comfortable takes for the keeper!

Poor front post corners, overhit ones not even in the box and high floated ones easy for the goalie. All wasted chances to score.
When the players are in the box waiting for the corner they are usually stood with a defender, why dont they stand on the edge of the 18 yard line and attack the cross ball ? If they do this there is a better chance to judge the flight of the ball and get a knockdown or a tap in off the goalie.

Our two big guys can't jump or head the ball very well sometimes we have 15 corners and never look dangerous. When Katic was playing he gave us a better option.

Can you show your workings?

How many corners do we typically get vs how many end up with us scoring?

Has this then been compared to our previous seasons?

Has it been compared with other teams in our league?

How does it compare with other teams in a variety of leagues?

Can you show your workings?

How many corners do we typically get vs how many end up with us scoring?

Has this then been compared to our previous seasons?

Has it been compared with other teams in our league?

How does it compare with other teams in a variety of leagues?

I don’t care about other teams or other leagues.

I want us to capitalise and make more of the amount of corners we get.

Probably wildly and badly paraphrasing Soccernomics but I'm pretty sure you're about as likely to concede from a corner as you are to score from one.

We seem to concede from more corners than we score from corners.

Back