Attacking Players Finally Click Then Subs

Albertz_Was_King

Took an age for Aribo, Hagi and Kent to really click but they started cooking then the usual raft of substitutions come on. I just don’t understand it.

Davis and Arfield slow the game down. They play backwards and don’t really extend themselves when they come on.

Felt for Itten, surely it makes sense for him to get game time with the likes of Aribo, Hagi and Kent on the pitch at the same time?

Roofe and Itten deserved to come On and play with the regulars.

Last edited:
Took an age for Aribo, Hagi and Kent to really click but they started cooking then the usual raft of substitutions come on. I just don’t understand it.

Davis and Arfield slow the game down. They play backwards and don’t really extend themselves when they come on.

Felt for Itten, surely it makes sense for him to get game time with the likes of Aribo, Hagi and Kent on the pitch at the same time?

The game was over.

Keep them fresh for Sunday.

People would have moaned if he didnt make subs they would be like why is itten ,roofe not getting minutes ,we were 3.0 up perfect time to rest bodies and get game time for new lads

Right that's it, I'm going to start a thread about Ittens boots.

That's what we do after a good win against a team that would have held us into the second half if it wasnt for Borna.

A) Game time for other players to get them/keep them sharp when we have the chance.
B) We shåt the bed after New Year last season most likely due to burnout, we need to avoid that happening again.

So you really don't understand why he made the subs? Two of the players have just arrived and need settled and minutes. The other two also need minutes. All 4 will be required in the upcoming matches so it's a good idea to have everyone up to speed and not rusty of lacking game time. It's pretty simple, he's not made the subs for the sake of it.

Game was over, no need to risk injury and gives time for players short on match fitness to catch up. We need full squad fully fit.

From our point of view as fan we want 4,5,6 , but winning the league is all about game management and squad management

No we need to play our full squad to give everyone a stretch of the legs. We have loads of games and it was roasting tonight as well.

Players need minutes, what's hard to understand about it? Game was won and we have another game on Sunday to focus on

You would have a valid point if the game was even remotely competitive at the time, but it was a dead rubber as soon as the 3rd went in

We don’t need to burn ourselves out. Can be boring to watch but who cares when you’re 3 up. Points all that matters

I was the same as you but when you think of it it’s 3-0 games over and the new boys got minutes in their legs so job done

If we kept the front players on, you'd probably moan that the game was won and other players should have been given playing time.

It’s quite obvious really. Take off 4 definite starters for the next game to keep them fresh.
60 games to play this season

Davis and Arfield slow is down big time. I sense they’ll be a source of frustration this season.

Add in Kamara beside them and it’s grim viewing
When David and Arfield come on it's a bit meh - you just know the game is going to go flat as f.uck.

I would’ve just brought them on but let them play with your typical starters.
I know you sometimes struggle with football so this might need to be explained; When you want to put some players on the park during a game, you have to take some players off at the same time. The only way to get Itten and Roofe on the park alongside all the other attackers would be to play 8 up front.

We have a hell of a long season ahead and a unique set of rules that allow us to use almost half a starting 11 off the bench. When games are dead and buried, protect our assets and keep them fresh for the next game.

We are getting players minutes in literally free time on the park. Why the fuck are people looking for things to piss and moan about tonight? It is pathological with some folk.

We have started a vital league campaign with 7 unanswered goals and 9 points from 9, while still, clearly, trying to find our rhythm. Why can't folk just enjoy it for what it is?

Subs all need game time. It really isn't difficult to figure out. I like the look of Itten. Roofe is a mile off it still - but Stevie G told us that last week. Can't see Roofe featuring against Livi in a tough game at he weekend but would expect to see much more of him against Killie. Davis and Arfield will be back up and just need games into their lags.

Not a fan of 5 subs being allowed however in terms of managing players over the course of the season I've got no issues at all with mutliple changes when 3 nil up

I thought Davis was fantastic when he came on and got forward a whole lot more than often. Long season can't grumble about the subs would use them more wisely but I think he's just trying to get minutes in everyone's legs.

The standard of post on here this season is verging on insane. We have the game won and you’re worrying about Itten and Roofe not getting to play with out better players... I would love to hear gerrards reaction if you asked him that. He’d laugh at you ! Embarrassing. It really is.

At this stage in the season it seems we're prioritising minutes in legs over a 4th or 5th goal and TBH I completely understand that. If this happened after 15-20 games I'd be annoyed, but not now.

Stop complaining.
All about game management whats point in risking injuries to kent,aribo etc when game is done.
Top of league enjoy you night

I had you down for better than that.

5 subs is a useful rule right now, but here is no chance we use that when we start to get into close games. 1-0 up at Easter Road, not 5 subs but we may be happy that a guy coming on has had several run-outs against some diddy teams at home. Any Hibs fans looking in. You're still a diddy team but you're a diddy team full of hammer throwers at home.

I think they are still getting used to each other. All going well by October they’ll be dynamite.

Back