Attendances at Ibrox - explain this?

Titch1872

Rangers v Shkupi - Sold out - Official attendance 49,300ish

Rangers v dundee - Sold Out - official attendance 50,100ish

Any one know how this is possible, Dundee end half empty yesterday with segregation, shkupi game sold completely to Rangers fans with no visible empty sections in the crowd/no large sections of segregation

Is it simply down to hospitality?

Rangers v Shkupi - Sold out - Official attendance 49,300ish

Rangers v dundee - Sold Out - official attendance 50,100ish

Any one know how this is possible, Dundee end half empty yesterday with segregation, shkupi game sold completely to Rangers fans with no visible empty sections in the crowd/no large sections of segregation

Is it simply down to hospitality?

Probably is mate.

Hospitality will be way more popular for Saturday 3pm than any other time.

Could it be down to season ticket holders reselling their ticket for a league match, an option not available for cup matches? Effectively seats being sold twice?

There was more segregation at the Dundee match also.

Could it be down to season ticket holders reselling their ticket for a league match, an option not available for cup matches? Effectively seats being sold twice?

There was more segregation at the Dundee match also.

Surely they couldn't do that, could potentially have a higher official attendance than the stadium capacity if thousands done that for one game

There was no one in the Club Deck hospitality seats I could see for the Shkupi game which I imagine would account for over a thousand.

Surely they couldn't do that, could potentially have a higher official attendance than the stadium capacity if thousands done that for one game

I'm guessing, but you're right in what you say.

edit: Does anyone know how secondary ticket sales are recorded?

Yesterday may have been sold out but there was plenty of spare seats around the ground. We were talking about yesterday

That's the only thing I can think of bit difference still seems high, do we have over 1000 hospitality seats?
it is hospitality mate ma pal won the rising star at that game got £3200 he got! wee bird from rangers lotto says if it was a sat league match he would've got nearer the 5 grand cos hospitality wasn't full

Seats round me in the extreme West Enclosure all filled. They're only used when the place is virtually bulging at the seams.

it is hospitality mate ma pal won the rising star at that game got £3200 he got! wee bird from rangers lotto says if it was a sat league match he would've got nearer the 5 grand cos hospitality wasn't full

Yes this is true, my boy won about £4800 last season on a sat game

WATP

I also noticed that the far rear corners of the Club Deck were packed full, yesterday's crowd was the biggest for ages.

Attendance figures are fun for us to look at but for the club its different.

Attendance=ticket sales
Ticket sale=profit
Profit=TAX

Sometimes less is good, the great unwashed have played that tax game for years with impunity from HMRC.

Nice wee earner for the club the extra hospitality. Or does it cancel out with all the free alcohol that people tan on the day?:D

A lot of people would have been on holiday for the shkupi game. Even when there is ment to be a sell out there is always seats on both far away corners in the enclosures I have noticed this for years.

Yup this.... Front few rows mostly empty...

Spot on. I used to get club deck hospitality once or twice a season. I was well down the pecking order and it was always a midweek game I got that no other cnut wanted :D Was always pretty quiet.

Attendance figures are fun for us to look at but for the club its different.

Attendance=ticket sales
Ticket sale=profit
Profit=TAX

Sometimes less is good, the great unwashed have played that tax game for years with impunity from HMRC.

Presumably you missed the number of threads on here about the unwashed INFLATING attendances by recording every season ticket as part of the crowd whether or not the holder of the ticket is present.

Back